VFL Casey Demons VFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought it was about time this forum had a 2023 VFL thread...

Pre-Season Schedule:

Richmond 2.4 2.5 6.8 10.9 (69)
Casey Demons
2.3 6.6 8.6 10.8 (68)
Goals: RICHMOND: White 3, L. Johnson, Mansell, Ryan, Hicks, Tedcastle, Ralphsmith, Brindley. CASEY: not submitted.
Best: RICHMOND: Ryan, Ralphsmith, Hicks, L. Johnson, El Nour, McDonagh, Sonsie, Banks, Mansell, Bradtke, Miller. CASEY: not submitted.

Friday, March 10: Casey vs Coburg @ Casey Fields. 6.45pm
Saturday, March 18: Casey vs Footscray @ Skinner Reserve. 2:30pm

VFL Fixture:

Fixture Analysis (3).png

List Changes (TBC):
IN: Trent Burgoyne (Port Adelaide), Charlie Muley (Berwick), Tom Sheridan (South Croyden)
OUT: Corey Ellison (Williamstown), Matt Johnson (Frankston), Josh Smith (Frankston), Jake Spencer (Montmorency), Bryce Milford (Port Melbourne)
RE-SIGNED: James Munro, Mitch White, Tom Freeman

Whilst "Ross the Boss" is accidentally leaking sensitive club information, Goody is playing 4D chess not specifying bests/goals
Did we forget to hire a new coach for Casey at the end of last year?

they play the Doggies today, hopefully some young guys start to put their hand up. i feel Casey could be in for a tougher year after losing some important role players and plenty of new kids about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joel Smith also playing forward with Jefferson. A very tall forward line with Schache and JVR too.

Howes on the wing.

Laurie half forward and has been creative so far and setup the first goal.

Casey 1.3.9 vs Footscray 0.0.0

Unsurprisingly windy conditions.

Casey 1.6.12 Footscray 1.1.7

Footscray definitely have a strong breeze advantage.

Jefferson takes a good mark under pressure but his kick from 40 is just left.

Then intercepts the kick in but has his shot partially smothered.

Schache has dropped a couple of marks he was close to completing.

Kye Turner playing in the backline as a key-ish defender. No Daniel Turner today, not sure why.

Jordon looks a bit slimmer and moving better to me. Hits Schache with a great lead. His set shot from 45 was on target but falls just short into the strong breeze.

1.7.13 to 1.1.7

Deakyn Smith showing good toe to run down Khamis. Footscray enjoying some holding the ball immunity much like Brisbane last night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back