VFL Casey Demons VFL 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

A bit of a reality check for Verrall. He's been OK early and kicked a couple of goals playing forward, but Samson Ryan has given both Verrall and Fullarton a bath in ruck contests.

Samson Ryan...

Jefferson just starting to look a little, little bit better. Had one where he did all the hard work body positioning but spilled the mark, and then took a strong mark on the wing.

He's still had a very underwhelming game, but trying to find a positive.

Not surprised really. Our depth is horrible
Not only has the AFL list depth took a hit compared to prior years, but a big chunk of the stuff ups were from the VFL listed players. The quality and depth there has also regressed.

Ultimately VFL is for development. So long as the team is it so bad that it stifles development then win or loss is irrelevant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not only has the AFL list depth took a hit compared to prior years, but a big chunk of the stuff ups were from the VFL listed players. The quality and depth there has also regressed.

Ultimately VFL is for development. So long as the team is it so bad that it stifles development then win or loss is irrelevant.
Yeah development is key over wins. McAdam getting gametime is important clearly. But losing to that Tigers side is pretty ordinary

Disco as a forward is intriguing, if we were going to persist with the three tall set up I wouldnt be against giving him a crack, he at least has some mobility, not another lumbering player who costs us defensively

This game was odd in that last year at Casey they seemed to bloody mindedly stick to playing players only in the positions they would use them at AFL level.

But today there seemed to be several “Let’s mix it up to try to win the game” moves.

I doubt Turner will play forward at AFL level. I doubt Hunter will be in centre square setups at AFL level.
Get rekt Lampers :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back