2nds Casey vs. Williamstown, Sat 6pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Casey v willy 6.6.36. Goal Tapscott 2, Tynan, Salter, nicko, McDonald, Fitzpatrick 1. Poss watts 12, Gysberts, Collins, couch 11

Mike Sheahan nailed $cully on 3aw. Refused to answer questions & came out ordinary.

$cully isn't coming out of this looking good, is he? Where others have been able to hold their heads high he continually comes across as an arrogant a-hole.

Casey win 87 to 85... good game
Thanks for all the updates mate.

You should have finished the last post with: 'Coming to you live from the Casey game this is you official Casey correspondent signing off.'

Great stuff DR, your updates (and hopefully potential report when you get home!) have been excellent and much appreciated.

Great to hear that many of the players we wanted to play well did so and we came through with no injuries. Grimes and, probably, Watts to come straight in while Gysberts, Bail and Tappy put pressure on those above them.

Great stuff DR, your updates (and hopefully potential report when you get home!) have been excellent and much appreciated.

Great to hear that many of the players we wanted to play well did so and we came through with no injuries. Grimes and, probably, Watts to come straight in while Gysberts, Bail and Tappy put pressure on those above them.

Agreed CFH. Super work DR!!!

How do we get a transcript of that $cully interview???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Casey Scorpions 3.4.22 8.7.55 9.7.61 13.9.87

Williamstown 3.1.19 6.6.42 10.9.69 12.13.85

Goals

Casey Scorpions Tapscott Watts 2 Collins Fieldsend Fitzpatrick T McDonald Morton Nicholls Riseley Salton J Tynan

Williamstown Panos 3 Cravino 2 Campbell Hoghton Hooper Johannisen Redpath Sherman Skinner

Best

Casey Scorpions
Watts Collins Couch Panozza Gysberts Fitzpatrick

Williamstown Jolley Roberts Campbell Goodes Djerrkura McNamara

Possessions Watts 26, Gysberts 25.

Pretty good crowd out there tonight considering Casey were complete underdogs going in to the game. I must say I was glad I went out there, as it was a very good game to watch (apart from being distracted having to type in to a stupid phone).

Players;
McDonald
He tried hard all night but it didn't seem to happen for him tonight, he spent most of the night down back, but had no influence on the game.

Strauss
He went ok tonight but didn't seem to have as much clear, clean possession as in the pre season games. Played all 4 quarters but with limited time in each. Still a few weeks away from a call up.

Fitzpatrick
This guy has a s**t load of potential, the way he moves around the ground when he is on the ball is very impressive. He has ability in ruck work & is very athletic & his kicking & decision making is improving quickly. The problems occur when he is moved forward, but I reckon it would be hard for any key forward to have an influence with the way the ball is delivered in to the forward line.

Tynan
This kid is a gun, he is gutsy, can take a contested mark, can play forward, back or midfield, makes good decisions, delivers the ball well & can kick a goal... He will play quite a few games this year in the 1sts... I can't wait until he gets a couple of pre seasons under his belt.

Sheehan
Started a bit slow tonight but he got the feel for the pace of the game & was extremely solid. I beleive he was moved on to Skinner ( who was a danger against us) & he beat him. I think, once again that there would be another big tick put against his name.

Couch
He is one tough nut. I'm not sure he will get a call up yet but he sure will pile the pressure on to the other midfielders to not drop their guard. he won a lot of ball both inside & outside.

Morton
I have been a supporter of this kid for awhile but he just doesn't seem to get it !!!!!! He should dominate at this level, but he just seems to drift along, doing things every now & then, looking good doing it & in between all of that he has quite a few clangers... Not good enough

Bail
One tough nut, I would have him in my team as one of the 1st picked...
I mentioned earlier tonight that I reckon he should be our small forward option. Very good tonight.

Grimes. He should be better than his opposition tonight & he was. Very clever & controlled the backline. he didn't have a heap of possessions but I don't think that was an issue.

Gysberts
Tough, strong, clever & good ball user. he did another great job tonight & will get a call up next week.

Tapscott
He probably got a bit tired towards the end, but it was bloody great to see him take strong contested marks, crunch blokes in tackles, kick long goals & forgive him for giving 50 metre penalties for hurting players with solid hits. I would love to say he will play next week but it ain't going to happen...

Watts
He started on the wing (1st qtr), played deep forward (2nd qtr), a bit of everything in the 3rd & deep forward in the last. This kid showed enough today to impress the coaching panel & demand a spot in the team...

It appeared to be a full contingent of the hierarchy there tonight, so they will get a clear idea of who did what (probably totally opposite to my opinion). It was also really nice to see that a FULL minutes slience was given, in respect of Jim by ALL at the ground.

I hope all you guys enjoyed kicking back at home tonight, but you missed a really good game tonight, especially you Stretch...

PS, I had a really good chat to Jack Fitzpatrick's mum & dad tonight & got another really good insight to the vibe down there at the moment. It re-instilled my belief in what is happening at MFC... Bring on next week.

Apologies for intruding on your board but I did travel out to Casey last night as I had a young nephew who played his first game for Williamstown - in any case I don't support either Williamstown or Casey so I think I have an unbiased opinion - but Jack Watts was serviceable and played most of the game floating around the half back and half forward with no direct opponent in fact my young nephew picked him up at times and he was spotting him 15 cms and probably 20 kilos.

Certainly he played a bit of time up forward in the last quarter but BOG he was not.

Certainly Watts will at some stage become a talented AFL player but he needs to play key position in the VFL and dominate before he gets BOG accolades running up an down the flanks chasing kicks.

Glad to hear Watts played well but we have heard it all before.

Im not expecting BOG's at AFL level just effort, tackling and some pack crashing. The rest will take care of itself, he has the skills.

You're always going to be disappointed then I reckon. He's not that kind of player at the moment and we all know it. Maybe when he's 25. I agree with the other points though - he must show effort and chase and tackle hard.

Thanks a bunch DR. I wish I'd gone, I'm paying for it now...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back