2nds Casey's finals campaign

Remove this Banner Ad

Casey sits in third place going into the last round of H+A, so a few Melbourne players actually might get to play in September!
They will finish 3rd no matter what, with Port Melbourne and Geelong both also on 13 wins but with far superior percentages. Port should beat North Ballarat and Geelong play the in-form Williamstown, so Casey will most likely be playing at Geelong next weekend. I won't speculate as to which might be the better draw as I have no idea what the competition is like.
In any case, Casey will have the double chance (final 8 system in the VFL, had to check that) with a Semi-Final against Willy (5th) likely. Hopefully a few of us can get around the boys at some point and actually see some September success. Fair to say MFC numbers are limited though:

MFC Eligible players: Tom Couch, Jordan Gysberts, Jake Spencer, Troy Davis, Jai Sheahan, Lucas Cook, Leigh Williams, Josh Tynan, Jack Fitzpatrick. (Sam Blease and Luke Tapscott both need to play 1 more game to be eligible). Morton, Petterd and Bennell would also be eligible if not for season-ending injuries.

Casey will host Werribee next Sunday, 2pm in the first qualifying final. Be sure to show your support Dees fans

Only applies to AFL listed players, as far as I'm aware.
I think Viney will count considering it took special permission for him to play in the first place.

All MFC listed players will be available to Casey next week because Melbourne is still playing. So we should have a pretty strong side next Sunday. Hopefully young Jack Viney gets a run.

All MFC listed players will be available to Casey next week because Melbourne is still playing. So we should have a pretty strong side next Sunday. Hopefully young Jack Viney gets a run.
Reading the eligibility rules, and you're right.
Couldn't find anything that would rule Jack Viney out either.

The problem is going to be in the prelim where we will have a host of players unavailable and we could end up playing a Geelong, whose senior team might still be running around. Getting a bit ahead of myself, I know.

The problem is going to be in the prelim where we will have a host of players unavailable and we could end up playing a Geelong, whose senior team might still be running around. Getting a bit ahead of myself, I know.

Still the players who will be out there will be nice, I expect Fitzpatrick, Gys, Couch, Spencer, and Sheahan will be out there. Pretty strong group who have performed well in the VFL this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a 23rd player, Jack is allowed to play. Its on the VFL website, can't remember where i found it and cbf looking again.

Of course some will say we should 'hide' him from GWS/GC......

Still the players who will be out there will be nice, I expect Fitzpatrick, Gys, Couch, Spencer, and Sheahan will be out there. Pretty strong group who have performed well in the VFL this year.

The future of the MFC right there. Add J Tynan and Troy Davis to that list and you could almost draw comparisons to Geelong's 2007 reserve premiership side. (I hope!!!)

Just got a tweet from young Jack V. He is planning on being there for Casey next week.

'yes hopefully i can play some finals games for the scorps, plan it to have a crack next weekend.'

I want to say "well done" to all involved with Casey on the minor premiership. This is a fantastic effort considering everything that has gone on at the club this season and the turnover of players that the club has to deal with each week.

Come on Dees fans, get behind them next week against Werribee!

Just on the Fitz;

Averaging 13.8 disposals, 1.86 goals, 5.2 marks (1.2 contested) and 19.93 hitouts per game.

Pretty solid year I reckon; been in the best in 6 out of 15 games.

Yeah, no need to take him to Perth. Its too late. Having said that, somebody does need to come in and he may be our only forward option in reserve. Wonder if Jamar plays and Spencer goes back? Sandilands looms and we need to have a crack! Jake has earned his extension.

Otherwise, Davis gets the experience of an AFL game and Riv and Garland or Frawley go forward. Failing that, Cook gets called up and we play Garland and Frawley back. Failing that, Watts goes forward and we find some outside run with Bate.

we find some outside run with Bate.

You'll be looking a while there mate...

Would like Watts to play forward I guess, but seeing as we'll have about 20 I50s all up that may not be the best idea. Alternatively he could be left as a loose defender to rack up points for my UF team in the GF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back