Star Wars Cassian Andor Live Action Tv Series

Remove this Banner Ad

Why create something new when you can dig up a dead horse, slap STAR WARS on it and beat it to death.
You're complaining about a TV series based on a new character..?

it's a fair question to ask.
If you cant get people to invest 135 mins on Han Solo why is a prequel tv show about a guy with a moustache who we all know dies anything to be excited about?
What's next? Rose Tico - Maintenance Apprentice?
It's not a fair question when expressed in that way. Try again and you might get constructive conversation.

You're complaining about a TV series based on a new character..?

I'm wondering why anyone would give a s**t about a prequel tv show about a vanilla character who is hardly screaming out for such treatment.

It's not a fair question when expressed in that way. Try again and you might get constructive conversation.

It's a fair question. If you think it's unfair you can simply ignore it.
Or stop ******* about and talk about it.

I'm wondering why anyone would give a s**t about a prequel tv show about a vanilla character who is hardly screaming out for such treatment.

It's a fair question. If you think it's unfair you can simply ignore it.
Or stop ******* about and talk about it.

Stop having a cry just because I called you out on a meaningless question posted to get a reaction. Congrats you got one.

On your way.

Stop having a cry just because I called you out on a meaningless question posted to get a reaction. Congrats you got one.

On your way.

it's easier to just say you have no answer as to why make this thing.
You can provide one without directly quoting me if you wish.

it's easier to just say you have no answer as to why make this thing.
You can provide one without directly quoting me if you wish.

I already did but you chose to ignore it.

You simultaneously complain about an original show being made about an interesting character from Rogue One while also complaining that they just keep rehashing stories about old characters.

I already did but you chose to ignore it.

You simultaneously complain about an original show being made about an interesting character from Rogue One while also complaining that they just keep rehashing stories about old characters.

He's boring as * and you've chosen to ignore me saying that from the start.
And he's dead. So why is a prequel tv show about a boring dead character interesting? But I've said that too.

He's boring as **** and you've chosen to ignore me saying that from the start.
And he's dead. So why is a prequel tv show about a boring dead character interesting? But I've said that too.

You started by just saying "Who cares?" where in there did you say he was boring? Where in there did you offer a coherent or constructive comment on the thread?

He's dead. So was Vader when the prequels were made.

Everyone wants an Obi-Wan movie/show, but he's dead.

Who cares if he's dead? He was a Separatist turned Rebel, he was one of the few Rebels we've seen who actually committed bad deeds like shooting people in the back to get out of a tight spot. He opens up an entirely new genre of Star Wars show, in a spy/action show which is completely separate from the Jedi/smuggler/bounty hunter schtick that we've seen so many times.

I'm personally not interested (that's more to with the let down that was TLJ and SW interest in general) but the TV show would probably give a guy like him a bit more depth and context that he may not have gotten in the movie.

Boring is a bit unfair, maybe a bit more dry than most in the context of Star Wars.

You started by just saying "Who cares?" where in there did you say he was boring? Where in there did you offer a coherent or constructive comment on the thread?

He's dead. So was Vader when the prequels were made.

Everyone wants an Obi-Wan movie/show, but he's dead.

Who cares if he's dead? He was a Separatist turned Rebel, he was one of the few Rebels we've seen who actually committed bad deeds like shooting people in the back to get out of a tight spot. He opens up an entirely new genre of Star Wars show, in a spy/action show which is completely separate from the Jedi/smuggler/bounty hunter schtick that we've seen so many times.

You know your travelling well when you compare the origin story of arguably the most iconic cinema villain of all time to a need for more back story for Cassian ******* Andor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know your travelling well when you compare the origin story of arguably the most iconic cinema villain of all time to a need for more back story for Cassian ******* Andor.
Er, it was to explain to you why the "he's dead, who cares" comment was completely idiotic.

Why do a prequel or origin story of anything?

Now your talking.
Why stop there? Why do flashbacks in movies? Why have scenes where characters talk about their past?

You can take it to the absurd, but saying something isn't necessary because we know where a character ends up is incredibly facile and undercuts the point of telling a story in the first place.

I'm tipping they'll mix in Han Solo (Alden himself) into the story, where he crosses paths with Cassian every now and then.

Kind of like how they mixed in OT characters into Rebels, and how they're doing that now with Resistance.

Wont be every week, but there'll be characters from around that whole era pre-Yavin (even from EU) that get mingled into the overall story.

If it bombs, it will be because it’s a flagship show on a new streaming service just gaining its first members. That said, hard to see how it can bomb being debuted this way. Whether lots of people sign up to Disney or not, it can hardly be put on one show. They can spin it in a number of ways. All that really matters is quality.

If it bombs, it will be because it’s a flagship show on a new streaming service just gaining its first members. That said, hard to see how it can bomb being debuted this way. Whether lots of people sign up to Disney or not, it can hardly be put on one show. They can spin it in a number of ways. All that really matters is quality.
There were really good TV shows over the last few years that were top quality but didnt survive to have a 2nd/etc season. Not for lack of quality/writing. Just interest wasn't there.

I'm predicting it's going to bomb, not because of bad writing/acting/storyline, but because people arent going to care that much for any "new era" star wars characters. They all really lack that certain je ne sais quoi, and even Kylo who started out so promising has lost a lot of luster.

You reckon a show set around the formation of the Rebellion that will potentially have Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, Ahsoka Tano, Hera Syndulla, POSSIBLY a young Leia, POSSIBLY cameos from Vader/Emperor, etc. is going to bomb because people aren't going to care?

Yeah, unless they were going SyFy level budgeting (which they clearly aren't) the show will be commercially successful. No doubt.

Even though im not super keen, i'll still watch it.

It doesn't start off well when you know how the character you're supposed to enjoy getting to know will die.

It's massively backwards when you could have a huge emotional connection with Rogue One's ending if you had the tv series before the movie was released.

Maybe but they could always introduce other key characters to be attached to while watching it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back