Star Wars Cassian Andor Live Action Tv Series

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just me or does it feel like this could have been a more serious take on Han's origin?

An incompetent bottom level, bureaucratic empire with prominent class-based divides between races/cultures. A "Good" (but rather shady) character of unfortunate birth/childhood caught out by bad luck and forced to flee - using his charm, charisma and 'dirty' good looks to win friends and influence people.

Owing money to everyone, barely surviving but building his network and gaining new friends (and enemies) everywhere he turns.

Is it just me or does it feel like this could have been a more serious take on Han's origin?

An incompetent bottom level, bureaucratic empire with prominent class-based divides between races/cultures. A "Good" (but rather shady) character of unfortunate birth/childhood caught out by bad luck and forced to flee - using his charm, charisma and 'dirty' good looks to win friends and influence people.

Owing money to everyone, barely surviving but building his network and gaining new friends (and enemies) everywhere he turns.
Yeah, I hear you. Would be good if this team did Lando with Han included as a character. They could film season 1 in 2024 after their Andor schedule is completed and release in 2025.

2-3 seasons every two years. I only say that since Lando will probably go ahead but I’d still prefer an Old Republic show from them.

I'm only 1.5 episodes in to this, but Cassian is not like Han much at all. Not much charm, not much romantic charisma. He's got badass ruthless charisma though. Even if the show is 90% him talking to different random people all the time about things that aren't entirely clear.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Agree with those that did not think much of the first two episodes but it paid off in the third. Some good characters, and it doesn't insult the viewer's intelligence by spelling out everything.

Looking forward to the next episode - more than can be said for Obi-Wan Kenobi. Here's hoping they can nail it.

As much as I liked the show …it’s rather pointless and not needed?

Rogue one was fine in itself without needing an origin story

Did we need an origin story of the sleazy lawyer from Breaking Bad?

If they allow it to cover more intriguing things (eg the corporate nations that made the Empire tick) then there is room for interesting stories.

Did we need an origin story of the sleazy lawyer from Breaking Bad?

If they allow it to cover more intriguing things (eg the corporate nations that made the Empire tick) then there is room for interesting stories.
Didn’t watch Saul so I can’t answer that , like I said it’s well made but completely pointless imo

Didn’t watch Saul so I can’t answer that , like I said it’s well made but completely pointless imo

It will depend on how it pans out, really. Better Call Saul was also a bit strange at first and left viewers wondering about the point of it all but it developed into imo one of the finest dramas of all time even if it was hamstrung by us knowing the eventual fate of some of the main protagonists.

At least this is refreshing and already a step up over Book of Boba Fett and Obi-Wan.

As much as I liked the show …it’s rather pointless and not needed?

Rogue one was fine in itself without needing an origin story
No such thing as pointless if you’re a Star Wars fan. If it’s well written and produced then give me moar!1! I just wish they could find more people like Gilroy’s team and to a lesser extent Favreau.

Not impressed with Deborah Chow and Abrams should never touch Star Wars again. Trevorrow I don’t want either (new Jurassic movies suck).

Open to Rian doing his thing as long as he goes far away from OT era. Still think he’s a good filmmaker.

I think Waititi and Jenkins should get a shot, they’ve proven they can make good films. Give them a chance.

I’d like to see Lord and Miller do something since they were axed even though I get why. But then you could say that about Trevorrow but I don’t think he’s on the same level.

Edit: forgot to mention Joby Harold. Not impressed and not fair to put the blame all on Chow when the show runner has a lot to answer for.

Edit: just checked who’s running Lando and The Acolyte. Lowering my expectations. Skeleton Crew could be good though.

Last edited:
Lol Rogue One on fta telly tonight. Shameless cash in and I just know it will work on me as soon as HYBPA is finished.

Lol Rogue One on fta telly tonight. Shameless cash in and I just know it will work on me as soon as HYBPA is finished.

Caught the last 30 minutes and gee it’s epic those minutes.

And then Leia appears

Looks dated already

When you look at how Walt and Jessie were filmed in the Better Call Saul episodes this year, they used light to cover the ageing of Aaron Paul. The lighting of Leia is poor in R1 and it could have been done so much better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I hate to sound like other sections of the fanbase but there's literally no reason to use swearwords in Star Wars, it has it's own swear words they can use. It's a right proper immersion breaker.

s**t has been used prior to this so it's not a dealbreaker for me.

Then it's different, hey?

Reading something to seeing/hearing it, is, different.

Not quite sure what your point is. I said it had been used previously in Star Wars so it isn't immersion breaking to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back