Podcast Cassie Rowe interview, things from a local female footballers perspective

Remove this Banner Ad

***this podcast is not Richmond related despite the intro music, so don't tune out, its the only intro music I have!***

Tonight I took the time to have a chat to my Cousin In Law (yes I'm away its not a proper term) about all things AFLW.

What prompted me to do this was the other week when the Taylor Harris photo dropped and the negative, disgusting comments started rolling in I noticed a very passionate Facebook post from Cassie.

Cass has been around football for a long time and played almost 200 games. She has done it all from being the only girl at a footy club in her junior days, to having recently represented Australia in a game of International Rules as part of the VAFA and GAA program.

Her FB post was addressing a few of the issues surrounding the perception of AFLW, the trolling of players and the game itself, as well as comments made towards some of the mens players, and I personally felt people needed to hear this message and hear her thoughts on a few different topics as a young women playing the game she loves.

It only goes for 24 minutes, but she is passionate and interesting to listen to.

Listen below:

https://www.spreaker.com/episode/17487922

Remove this Banner Ad

Back