News Castagna The New Tiger King in 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Triple Premiership player Jason Castagna has become the new captain of the Richnond Football Club taking over from 3 time Premiership captain Trent Cotchin.

"I'm absolutely excited to lead this great club into a continued period of success and beyond.

This club means so much to me and I couldn't be prouder" Castagna said

"He's a incredible player and person.
'George' (Castagna) has come from the rookie list and personifies our playing style and team ethos.
The reality is its a selfless task and I see him thriving" said his triple Premiership coach Damien Hardwick

www.richmondfc.com.au/castagnathenewtigerking2022/55/gf

Didn't expect this! I saw the article up on the Tigers site, I'm outside of Australia so I think I've got on early and broken the news! Haha

Congratulations anyway ! Good luck George!

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
As much as I would love to see it for the hysterical meltdowns we would see on here, I am not sure this report is correct. You cannot access the article on the website now and it doesn’t seem to be reported anywhere else. Also the club had previously indicated the skipper was likely to be announced a bit further down the track, I thought around late Jan-February.

The chaos boss is probably just in charge of on field mayhem for now until and unless we can get some confirmation.

As much as I would love to see it for the hysterical meltdowns we would see on here, I am not sure this report is correct. You cannot access the article on the website now and it doesn’t seem to be reported anywhere else. Also the club had previously indicated the skipper was likely to be announced a bit further down the track, I thought around late Jan-February.

The chaos boss is probably just in charge of on field mayhem for now until and unless we can get some confirmation.
Probably trialing the link for your tomorrow morning when the announce it

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
www.richmondfc.com.au/castagnathenewtigerking2022/55/gf

Didn't expect this! I saw the article up on the Tigers site, I'm outside of Australia so I think I've got on early and broken the news! Haha

Congratulations anyway ! Good luck George!
Great choice and couldnt think of a better player to take over from the Chimp

I thought for a minute we might have gone with Matty Parker but looks like the club has made a wise choice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CASEYS9420

Club Legend
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
BACK2BACK

cas.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back