Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 23, 2007
Bay 131 @ (Port) Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies
Spotted this on IGN

http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/04/12/is-sega-teasing-a-castle-of-illusion-remake

I'll leave the prefix as rumour for now until its officially confirmed.

Sega Mega Drives Castle of Illusion and its follow up, World of Illusion were a massive part of my childhood gaming, only 2nd to the Sonic series. So much day 1 buy if true.

Edit: Has been confirmed http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/15/castle-of-illusion-coming-to-psn-this-summer/

Mickey Mouse is returning to star in Castle of Illusion, a fantastical HD reimagining of the classic Sega Genesis game. The game is scheduled to release in summer of 2013. We know that Castle of Illusion has a special place in many gamers’ hearts. Sega studios Australia is putting lots of care into this new 2D/3D game.
Our plan is to deliver a fully reimagined experience that takes advantage of the power of PS3 with all new graphics and new adventures, while at the same time making sure that the game maintains the Disney magic that the original Castle of Illusion captured in 1990.
We have also been working very closely with the director of the original game, who is now at Disney Interactive. We are having a blast working with her to realize many of the elements that were intended for the original game, but couldn’t be achieved until now due to the technical limitations of previous generation consoles. If you have played the original game, you will also see that we have kept intact many of the major iconic elements of the game that helped define this groundbreaking game at the time of its original release.

8640620513_7d474bbae7_z.jpg

8640620625_0c5f35f53d_z.jpg

8640620495_2931b2940e_z.jpg

8640620427_3d2dcb76d6_z.jpg

Looks great. I loved the original on Master System when I was little.

The master system version is still a bitch to beat (have it emulated on phone) Mega Drive version whilst prettier, was much easier.

It would be with touch controls lol! I actually remember it being much easier than the likes of SMB and Sonic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back