edgie

TheBrownDog
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
In the movie 'Last Night In Soho' lead character Ellie gets a job in a London pub, where her boss is an Irish lady played by Pauline McLynn, best known as Mrs. Doyle from 'Father Ted'. There are a variety of beers on tap in the bar, but one that stands out prominently is a tap that has the very distinct Fosters logo.
Foster's is in heaps of UK stuff.

Inbetweeners and Layer Cake come to mind, but there'd be more.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

emuboy

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2006
The Southern Hemisphere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Sturt
In the recently released Scream movie (Scream 5) one of the characters Tara gets a call from the Ghostface killer asking her if she liked scary movies and what her favorite scary movie was. Amazingly, her answer was 'The Babadook', an obscure Australian horror film from 2014. I thought that movie would be unknown outside of Australia and New Zealand.

phantom13

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Eternals has a couple of looks and mentions of Australia (including Gilgamesh and Thena living in the outback).

I can’t recommend the film at all however.

Groucho

Premium Platinum
Jun 12, 2000
Gasometer wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In the recently released Scream movie (Scream 5) one of the characters Tara gets a call from the Ghostface killer asking her if she liked scary movies and what her favorite scary movie was. Amazingly, her answer was 'The Babadook', an obscure Australian horror film from 2014. I thought that movie would be unknown outside of Australia and New Zealand.
Was pretty popular in the States apparently

Groucho

Premium Platinum
Jun 12, 2000
Gasometer wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I thought there was a brief mention of Bryan Brown's character's background???
Must be tripping.

Another weird Aussie character was Three Billboards- Woody Harrelson's wife, she had an Aussie accent, yet pretty bizarre scenario when you think about it.
Harrison’s wife was a strange one. Played by Abby Cornish using her Australian accent with no explanation of how she came to be in such a backwater town. Odd too because Cornish can , and has, “talked American “.
On the other hand , I heard an inter view with ONJ on being approached to play Sandy in Grease and she told them “but I can’t talk American “ they said “no problem, we’ll make her Australian “

Last edited:

Shell

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Harrison’s wife was a strange one. Played by Abby Cornish using her Australian accent with no explanation of how she came to be in such a backwater town. Odd too because Cornish can , and has, “talked American “.
On the other hand , I heard an inter view with ONJ on being approached to play Sandy in Grease and she told them “but I can’t talk American “ they said “no problem, we’ll make her Australian “

Exactly! Thought it was extremely weird.

Re. Grease at least there was an explanation, due to Danny holidaying in Australia over his summer. /altho I reckon that'd be a massive stretch back then, most Americans would generally take a vacation somewhere in the States.

Predator35

All Australian
Nov 17, 2012
22 Acacia Ave.
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Pistons, Bills
Exactly! Thought it was extremely weird.

Re. Grease at least there was an explanation, due to Danny holidaying in Australia over his summer. /altho I reckon that'd be a massive stretch back then, most Americans would generally take a vacation somewhere in the States.
It was Sandy holidaying in the states and her family having a change of plans sees her staying in the states.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad