Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed the boat this week...
However...

This talk of Chook leaving is just asinine. Cannot be considered internally as anyhting but the future. Must be kept. Probabley been averaging 30 in the VFL this year.

CAnt get my head around it.

Same with the JEd Bews is no good disucssion. He gave up 2 goals in my book - one of which he was under the ball and Cameron got out the back and one he was falt our beaten in teh contest. The rest, while Cameron kicked them, I feel it wasn't all Bewsy fault.
Discuss.

And for the love of all things Ablett at the GFC... Blitz can pinch hit in the ruck no dramas, and can't be selected to start as Ruck. Must be KPD going into finals. Stanely has to play ( best of the bad bunch) and be told its now or never... and never is really close. Goldy as a 1 yr FA becons.

GO Catters

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Missed the boat this week...
However...

This talk of Chook leaving is just asinine. Cannot be considered internally as anyhting but the future. Must be kept. Probabley been averaging 30 in the VFL this year.

CAnt get my head around it.

Same with the JEd Bews is no good disucssion. He gave up 2 goals in my book - one of which he was under the ball and Cameron got out the back and one he was falt our beaten in teh contest. The rest, while Cameron kicked them, I feel it wasn't all Bewsy fault.
Discuss.

And for the love of all things Ablett at the GFC... Blitz can pinch hit in the ruck no dramas, and can't be selected to start as Ruck. Must be KPD going into finals. Stanely has to play ( best of the bad bunch) and be told its now or never... and never is really close. Goldy as a 1 yr FA becons.

GO Catters

Daz .... you would know better than me... how often in other sports do recently drafted kids get traded? When I was watching the NFL draft this year.. its seem the #1 pick from 18 was up for trade and got trade for P10 ish ? I also remember us putting our foot down and not being willing to consider trading Tenace .. for Ottens... so if he does get traded ..is it simply the MC saying he is a miss match to what they want. (run and spread).. (I agree with you by the way) but if he is unable to meet their demands in that aspect of game play .. is it better to move him on while he is contracted and still has some high value? Id not be trading him for Steven thats a whole different discussion....

And Bews is a FA .. if he gets an offer ..he could just decided to go. I remember why his father went .. and maybe it might be the same with JB. Again not my wish ..I hope we make a decent offer to him..

Where has all of this CC rubbish come from? I'd expect if we held the fort on Kelly, we'll hold the fort on Constable too, unless he's done something that the club would want to move on from ASAP (like following in the footsteps of Mummy).
2 years on his contract. He's not getting an easy trade there if he asks for one

Thought the interview with Kolo was great for both on field on off field stuff. Provided you could guarantee other players would open up like Kolo did, would love you to do some more interviews on occasions, time permitting.

BUT you do need to get up with the times! I am old enough to be your father and knew what 'Stranger Things' was....plus telling him to buy a CD from JB HI-FI! Spotify (or similar) is the go these days for music. :D

Jan 4, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong VFL & VFLW, Geelong Falcons
Hi all,

Got any questions ahead of Friday night? Cas and Kingy will try their best to answer them when we record from 9am Tuesday morning.

cheers

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Hey Boys....
A couple of questions..

If we are going after Jack Steven, what would YOU give up (eg pick or player) .

I'd love our tradition to continue, which Geelong VFL player would you pick up to put on our main list or rookie list them.
Cheers FoxDog50 🦊

foodles05

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi guys I could be wrong but it seems to me that the last small forward spot is a battle between Atkins and Touhy. Who would you pick and why? Also can you see Touhy in the team if not forward?

keyboard_warrior

Team Captain
Nov 7, 2008
cyberspace
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Jon bones Jones
Heres an idea straight from the nuffs re home ground finals.... why dont we change the ground markings to better reflect kardinia park and narrow up those wings.

problem solved?

Larry Donohue

Premium Platinum
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Do you think this year Geelong might just come out all guns blazing as opposed to the past few finals efforts
"A hit the ball hard approach from the first bounce to the end against the pies is crucial to come out victorious"

catters_28

Club Legend
May 8, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi guys,

My question is, if worst case scenario happens and the Cats go out meekly in straight sets, where to next for the club?

Gday Team KROCK

Great interview last week with Kolo.

Which approach to this Finals series will be best for PFD. We have seen in previous years he has tried to win it with his all or nothing approach - gotten 40 ood and lost.

His form has been good last 3 weeks - will he try and do it all again or bring his team mates into it and trust the process a but more?

Part 2 - Which of the bottom 6 on the list MUST stand up and win their battle to get us home?
Would it be Atkins, Stanley, Rohan, MOC, Miers, or 2E?

IMO at least 2 of them must stand up but if all 6 have mares we are cooked.

GO Catters

The Governor

All Australian
Aug 16, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
The Gov has a couple of questions:

After KROCK graduate Tommy Morris broke the news about the Cats wanting draft picks for Tim Kelly to get Shaun Higgins (St Joeys boy), have the Cats taken their eye off the ball by not going after a ruckman (Jacobs, Ryder or Darcy)?

The Gov

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
The Gov has a couple of questions:

After KROCK graduate Tommy Morris broke the news about the Cats wanting draft picks for Tim Kelly to get Shaun Higgins (St Joeys boy), have the Cats taken their eye off the ball by not going after a ruckman (Jacobs, Ryder or Darcy)?

The Gov

Gov... got get it in earlier mate... you missed and you have some interesting questions...

For what its worth I think we have eyes on multiple players... when we possible have 3-5 bigger dollar players moving.

The Governor

All Australian
Aug 16, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
The Gov is going to launch himself of the Michael Holding Whispering Death long run.

Ground hog day is happening again and the head in the sand approach could happen if we lose on Friday night. We could be the 2nd team to bow out in the finals (North Melbourne had a super side in 1983 and bowed out in straight sets after finishing on top of the final 5).

Will Brian Cook bite the bullet and move on two long term assistant coaches (Matthew Knights and Jason Rahilly) and bring in Mark Choco Williams and Brendan McCartney to prepare ourselves for another tilt in 2020 and a list rebuild? Does the Cats have space in its footy department cap to pay out Knights and Rahilly and then bring in Choco Williams and Brendan McCartney.

What amazes me is we are in the premiership window for the past 6 years and nothing has been done by getting new ideas and fresh voices on the coaching staff.

THE GOV

Hope you got the comfy chairs in the studio and brought some snacks... this gonna be a long one.

That was awful.

Just plain awful.

You saw my tweets and I was not impresed. Yes it was only 10 points but that was not representative of the carnage.

Being confined to social media and forced to watch on TV and stream you guys to be invoved and with my presence on Big Footy Id say im fairly in touch with the feel of what people say - right or wrong. CS has copped a spray for a long time that I never bought into - he's been a largely successful coach.

On Friday night, that changed. And because you've had this topic all Podcast long and with the NFL starting up, ill give it to you with a twist.

Chri Scott has tried to emulate Bill Belicheck - Harvard Managment degree courses, coaching classses and going the impersonal, we dont pay over stars, no one is bigger than the club type way and being the master coach who out smarts his opponent. Clarko has come closest but CS has not really. I blame Belichick for greating the unachievable goal. On Froday night, CS beat himself and took the club, players and supporters down with him.

Chris Scott has become the Marty Schotenhimerof the AFL. With the Browns, Redskins, Chiefs and Chargers Marty had a stellar coaching career making the Playoffs regularly and taking teams deep into the Post season. Benny will know exacttly whom and what im talking about. But he never got the big one and often saw his regular season successes wiped out in the Post Season.... sound familar? He lost his HC jobs 4 times over his career...once being fired after a
14-2 season in San Diego - yes fired after a 14-2 winning season and post season straight sets exit.

AS for the move itself. Stanley is not the best ruck in the league - but he's probably the best ruck on out list. He didnt have to star V Grundy - just needed to compete. CS never game him the chance. But not just that, by taking BLitz from the back 6 he destabilised them and made them edgy in their game.
Up there wth Hendo as a CHF V the Swans, Menzel out for Zuthrie V the Tigers in 2017, CS has tried to win Finals from the coaching box....

And he's failed every time.

Where to from here? Beat WC on Friday ( unlikely o the past 2 games each club has played) to get the Tigers in the PF?

If Cookie did review last year, this one will be a doozie.

Thoghts?

And for my invovlement, Im not sure I can stomach the game Friday night - and you bith know I never miss a game so for me to say that indicates how disenfranchised I am with this right now.

GO Catters

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Hope you got the comfy chairs in the studio and brought some snacks... this gonna be a long one.

That was awful.

Just plain awful.

You saw my tweets and I was not impresed. Yes it was only 10 points but that was not representative of the carnage.

Being confined to social media and forced to watch on TV and stream you guys to be invoved and with my presence on Big Footy Id say im fairly in touch with the feel of what people say - right or wrong. CS has copped a spray for a long time that I never bought into - he's been a largely successful coach.

On Friday night, that changed. And because you've had this topic all Podcast long and with the NFL starting up, ill give it to you with a twist.

Chri Scott has tried to emulate Bill Belicheck - Harvard Managment degree courses, coaching classses and going the impersonal, we dont pay over stars, no one is bigger than the club type way and being the master coach who out smarts his opponent. Clarko has come closest but CS has not really. I blame Belichick for greating the unachievable goal. On Froday night, CS beat himself and took the club, players and supporters down with him.

Chris Scott has become the Marty Schotenhimerof the AFL. With the Browns, Redskins, Chiefs and Chargers Marty had a stellar coaching career making the Playoffs regularly and taking teams deep into the Post season. Benny will know exacttly whom and what im talking about. But he never got the big one and often saw his regular season successes wiped out in the Post Season.... sound familar? He lost his HC jobs 4 times over his career...once being fired after a
14-2 season in San Diego - yes fired after a 14-2 winning season and post season straight sets exit.

AS for the move itself. Stanley is not the best ruck in the league - but he's probably the best ruck on out list. He didnt have to star V Grundy - just needed to compete. CS never game him the chance. But not just that, by taking BLitz from the back 6 he destabilised them and made them edgy in their game.
Up there wth Hendo as a CHF V the Swans, Menzel out for Zuthrie V the Tigers in 2017, CS has tried to win Finals from the coaching box....

And he's failed every time.

Where to from here? Beat WC on Friday ( unlikely o the past 2 games each club has played) to get the Tigers in the PF?

If Cookie did review last year, this one will be a doozie.

Thoghts?

And for my invovlement, Im not sure I can stomach the game Friday night - and you bith know I never miss a game so for me to say that indicates how disenfranchised I am with this right now.

GO Catters
Wow Daz, very passionate post there... I do feel your pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back