Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gents..

Great call last week. Long live Chuck’s immortaliskng Fry Pan Arse!

With Henry being an out does this mean we immediately go like for like and bring Hendo in as a tall replacement or do we add say a Narkle type small and allow just HT and Blitz as talls on Tex and Jenkins. Kolo/Stewart to play on Lynch. The premise being the extra speed and pressure on the bigger ground.

And whom would the small be. Narkle, Jones, or Zuthrie.

Go Catters

Gents..

Great call last week. Long live Chuck’s immortaliskng Fry Pan Arse!

With Henry being an out does this mean we immediately go like for like and bring Hendo in as a tall replacement or do we add say a Narkle type small and allow just HT and Blitz as talls on Tex and Jenkins. Kolo/Stewart to play on Lynch. The premise being the extra speed and pressure on the bigger ground.

And whom would the small be. Narkle, Jones, or Zuthrie.

Go Catters

according to Whatley .. Henderson is in and Ablett is playing. Once would think LH will be very keen to shown his worth.

Your thoughts on the Tomahawk give off goal to young Jordan Clark? I don't think it was merely a "give the kid a goal" incident. I saw it that Tom knew Jordan created the goal with his intercept mark and given that he 'joe the goosed' to him anyway, he swicthed it back and wanted Jordan to get the credit for it.

Jordan's penchant to play on and create at every oppurtunity is a fine attribute.

Good hit ... good form.. looking forward to Thursday night for sure...

And do i see anothe cat attack podcast special guest in the future! Sounds like Catsdoitbetter is in th running

Go Catters

Was wondering if you could fill us in on who out of the ruck's have been playing first ruck and who has been playing as mainly a forward.(VFL)

Also thoughts on Henry straight back in this week.

Last edited:
Very concerned that Cockatoo’s body will never allow him to become an AFL footballer. We haven’t heard much info lately from the club about his current situation. Have you guys heard any info or whispers about his progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

to:

KROCK's #1 Caller and

the Polkadot shorts wearing barefoot Master of Ceremonies of the KROCK footy world...

It would be a sparse collection of those that had us 3-0. And by sparse I mean none.

Given the success of the 4 debutants which is the better policy to adopt regarding their development?
Preventative or reactive?

Preventative in that do we start rotating them out and resting them before a performance dip.. ( with a 9 day break going into GWS game I dont think this applies here yet)

or

Reactive in that we keep them rolling until the efforts and performances slip and we spell them.

Discuss

To that point, Esava has been really important structurally IMO presenting and creating a contest in F50...allowing the ball on the ground to be pounced on by the smaller forwards and the pressure they are bringing. ( IMO Esava's hands a too hard right now in marking but that will come with touch and time back in the game)

How long do we persist with him not taking the marks and only creating the contest? - I say persist as long as possible.

late breaking question - Any word on Cunico's injury from the VFL game?

Thanks

GO Catters

Last edited:
Here are two questions Kingy and Cass:

1) From a list management perspective, it seems we have all bases covered apart from the key power forward position. Tomahawk is 30 years of age and he has 4 years left in him. Power forwards do not grow on trees. And, with the 6-6-6 rule coming into effect this year, should the Cats look at General Patton from the Giants? Since Jeff Kennett poached Stuart Fox (he was groomed as Brian Cook's successor in 2009) and Justin Reeves, is it time to get one back at the Hawks?

2)Why did the Cats overlook Jye Bolton in last years' draft? Here is some trivia. Jye Bolton's girlfriend is the younger sister of Taylor Hunt's partner. The Gov is good friends with the girls' mother.

Hey Boys....
I'll attach this photo Screenshot_20190406-221901.png
Honestly this rule, in regards going for the ball, and then rewarding the player who they run into, has to stop... 99% of football followers hate it.... Is there any chance the AFL can abolished this rule half way threw the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It looks as though Kelly’s is central to our game plan. If he’s out how should they replace him? Move Selwood or Duncan inside and bring Narkle onto a wing. Or play Guthrie through the middle using his pace and defensive attributes.

It was a good win last week but I thought the lack of run from the back was a concern. Hendo played his role well but the backline was very tall. Individually the key defenders are playing well but it looks like we’re really missing Tuohy. Clark is doing a great job but needs support.

Love the podcast fellas. Keep up the great work!

Would like to get each of your predictions of the top 4 finishing teams in order at seasons end (pre finals) as well as which player you think is the most important structurally for the cats at the moment.

Cheers,

Lids

Can you guys sign-off when you’re about to wrap up the podcast episodes? Too many times it just ends on me unexpectedly :)

Guys interesting discussion on the slide in ..and I agree those legs/feets first baseball slides should not be allowed but there has to be some calculation about the velocity of the player flying in to a contested ball as well.. Gerald Healy on the couch showed a WAFL incident from 2011 were Jaymie Graham had an appauling leg break ..and the player came in front on ..no legs. Its clear the player who elected to stand got the ball first..and he paid a big price...

Look it up on youtube if you have the stomach for it..

What happened to picking up the ball while staying on your feet..the slide in after dropping to ground doe not a tradition method of play to my mind. I cant remember issue like this in the 80's... except when it was very wet. It seems another issue thats come about thru having so many coaches that what nothing more than to clog the game..

If you are first to the ball fine ground yourself..but if you are second then care must be taken..

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 7.28.12 pm.png

Jaymie Graham Former West Coast Player- WORST leg break you'll EVER SEE!

Here is a question for Cass and Kingy.

Tim Kelly was brilliantly tagged by GWS. Tim Kelly will get the extra attention. In my opinion, why does not the Geelong coaching staff adopt a different mindset to allow Tim Kelly to become the hunter instead of been the hunted? Chris Scott and Matthew Knights should give Tim Kelly the job to tag O'Meara. His job is to beat O'Meara in the one on one contests and to limit his effectiveness in the contest. In other words, O'Meara will lead Kelly to the ball and Tim Kelly has to beat him in the one on ones. And, Charlie Constable. Why does not Chris Scott and Matthew Knights give him a "tagging job" on Worpel??

The great coaches like Kevin Sheedy adopted this approach to allow Tim Watson to break the tag from 1983-1985. Watson was heavily tagged and Kevin Sheedy just swapped the mindset of Tim Watson by assigning him the job to tag (you have to beat your opponent) Richard Loveridge or a Rod Ashman from Carlton.

QUESTION 2:

Since Harry Taylor was badly beaten in the 1 on 1s against Jeremy Cameron, is it time for Blicavs to play against the oppposition's premier key forward (Roughhead at Hawthorn) and Harry Taylor to get the 3rd best key forward (Not Jack Gunstan)?

The Gov.

Not a great game but to only go down by 4 points in the end was probably a but flattering as they were really all over us after 1/2 time.

The old foe this week will have something up the sleeve with Clarko not oft losing 2 in a row so i'd expect a dour event.

With that in mind - do we bring in an extra mid like Narkle or Jones (who has admittedly been playing small defender) for the extra speed and size of the G or do we hope the lethargy of last week v GWS has been inceremonoiusly tossed onto its Tijuana brass and we front up with more endeavour this week.

Given the groundhog day results post byes ( about 13 losses and counting) was a harder training session given last week and presumable agsin this week to attempt to change the post longer break hoodoo?

Looking forward to a huge Easter Monday call on the Rock.

GO Catters

Geelong AFL and VFL side lost this week and setshot non conversion played a huge part in it.

Why dont clubs rate it?

Mark Neeld said in you commentry.. "lets just focus on what he(Danger) does well." One can almost believe that type coaching insight has run parallel to player missing sitters? Hello Danger ...

Why is there such an under valuing of setshot conversion when it must be as obvious as the nose of the face of the wicked witch of the west ..that it cost teams games ..and premierships..

Straight from the horses mouth? What the hell does that mean ( didn't know horses can talk )

Question for your podcast?
Esava, I'm a huge fan of him, but his form this year to be fair hasn't been the best going around. I think it's time he need a run in the VFL to find a bit more of the ball so he can get his confidence up a bit.
People say his fitting in this game plan we have, but to be fair if Buzza was doing the exact same thing we would be wanting Buzza to be dropped..
So should we bring in either Fort or Buzza, as this could be Buzza time to show what his got for the Geelong Football Club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back