Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Straight from the horses mouth? What the hell does that mean ( didn't know horses can talk )

Question for your podcast?
Esava, I'm a huge fan of him, but his form this year to be fair hasn't been the best going around. I think it's time he need a run in the VFL to find a bit more of the ball so he can get his confidence up a bit.
People say his fitting in this game plan we have, but to be fair if Buzza was doing the exact same thing we would be wanting Buzza to be dropped..
So should we bring in either Fort or Buzza, as this could be Buzza time to show what his got for the Geelong Football Club.

who said this..in what context was it said?
Its usually a reference to inside info or the real data.. I suspect it was originally a syaing that evolved from the same origins ..as the saying about .."dont look at gift horses in the mouth" ... the real data on how good the health of a horse is , perhaps one looked at the condition of the horses teeth... so straight from the horses mouth ?

Jan 4, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong VFL & VFLW, Geelong Falcons
Hi all,

Short turnaround, but happy to answer your questions on the Cat Attack Podcast.

Send them through by 4pm AEST.

cheers

Kingy

The Governor

All Australian
Aug 16, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Two questions for the two St Josephs Intellects of 1988-89:

A great win against the Hawks even though I had my Bruce Laird helmet on during the final quarter.

1) As a part of Esva's Big Sav's development should the Cats play him at Centre Half back to allow him to learn how to play against the best Centre Half Forwards in the AFL? Wayne Carey played at Centre Half Back from 1988-1991 under Wayne Schimmelbusch at North Melbourne.

2)With the Saints (It is only April Chuck) appointing Dermott Brereton as a part time forwards coach, why does not Chris Scott swallow his ego and ring up his mate Jonathon Brown to mentor Big Sav and Buzza in the art of playing Centre Half Forward and Full Forward on a part time basis? I feel that our forward craft needs to improve all the time.

THE GOV

Gents - Greetings from Hotlanta.

Great game and call on the weekend.

Has Wells pulled another master stroke pick in the 50's with Gryan Miers. He looks 100% like a players player in that his footy IQ is off the charts. His ability - even after 4 games - to read the play, take ownership of the challenge to take the game on, and then execute with that air of class and polish is very apparent IMO. You had the discussion about Geelong small forwards on the weekend and while Chappy was the clear #1 there.... can you see the traits that make a small forward evident in Miers as well. I think its in there.

Go Catters

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Gents - Greetings from Hotlanta.

Has Wells pulled another master stroke pick in the 50's with Gryan Miers. He looks 100% like a players player in that his footy IQ is off the charts. His ability - even after 4 games - to read the play, take ownership of the challenge to take the game on, and then execute with that air of class and polish is very apparent IMO. You had the discussion about Geelong small forwards on the weekend and while Chappy was the clear #1 there.... can you see the traits that make a small forward evident in Miers as well. I think its in there.

Go Catters
Daz I think you may have missed it as it's already been published:( I was waiting for your similarity to Jerry Springer final thoughts.. As it's a tradition to hear from the great Daz.

Jan 4, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hi all,

Cat Attack Podcast recording at 4pm Tuesday - feel free to pose any question you think we can answer.

cheers

Kingy

Has Wells pulled another master stroke pick in the 50's with Gryan Miers. He looks 100% like a players player in that his footy IQ is off the charts. His ability - even after 5 games - to read the play, take ownership of the challenge to take the game on, and then execute with that air of class and polish is very apparent IMO. You had the discussion about Geelong small forwards on the weekend and while Chappy was the clear #1 there.... can you see the traits that make a small forward evident in Miers as well. I think its in there.

Go Catters

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Gday guys... another good call on the w/end.. the sweet and sour sauce that Ben adds each week ..helps makes the KRock call so distinctive. What was it this week ..something about Gypsy's and Mortgages LOL.

The 5 and 1 is way beyond what I thought was reasonable 6 weeks ago .. I think a lot must be put down to us having what appears to be our fittest list in sometime.

If it stays like this , it will really start make the MC earn their money... with most players in form and with CS already declaring that Clark (or as you guys like to call him FPA ) will be coming back in. CS also declared that Bews is in our best 22 ..which probably takes our best 22 out to about 26 or 27 players.

Its going to be very tough to leave Constable , Miers or Clark out of the side atm. Merick has been a too good to leave out as well How does the MC keep everyone happy.. or do they just pick the side and forget the names.

Looking at our side this year it seems Stephen Wells done a Moneyball refresh of our side..

Clark at 15
Constable at 36
MOC .. Rookie B
Miers at 57
trade in of Rohan at 61
FA of Dahl

The Governor

All Australian
Aug 16, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
There is a long way to go Benny and Kingy.

Here are three questions.

Fry pan arse has to come back into the side. Who will be rested?

And, should the Cats get Jonathon Brown to the club as their forward whisperer after the Saints got Dermott Brereton to help out the Saints' forwards and Wayne Carey is helping out Tex Walker? Big Sav's goal kicking from set shots lets him down.

Finally, if Tim Kelly leaves Geelong at the EOY, can the Cats get this deal done: Jonathon Patton to Geelong; Kelly to the Eagles/Dockers and one of those clubs gives GWS a player they really need.

THE GOV

Baudolino

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Among the current crop of your fellow commentators (both television and radio), who do you think is the best and why? And on a related note, what qualities do you believe distinguish great commentators from good ones, and good commentators from poor ones?

Baudolino

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
(For what it’s worth, I personally would argue that by far the most important element of commentary is simply the appeal of a commentators voice. I know this seems obvious but fans always seem to focus on speech content when evaluating commentators and fail to recognise the obvious importance that vocal quality has to their enjoyment of the listening experience. This IMO is why Bruce has been so successful for so long regardless of what people say about him; there are other commentators who are probably more proficient at turning a phrase than he is, but his delivery is so good that the cadence of his voice is never jarring to the ear and his vocal modulation is so well-judged that it invariably sounds appropriate to the moment. Content of speech is important of course but an ability to call the play well is rendered irrelevant if the caller’s voice is grating or they have no idea how to modulate.)

BotsMaster

2022 Sep Premiers
Jan 26, 2009
Cheat Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Cardinals
Among the current crop of your fellow commentators (both television and radio), who do you think is the best and why? And on a related note, what qualities do you believe distinguish great commentators from good ones, and good commentators from poor ones?
Are you looking for a new job Baudolino?

Jan 4, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
We have pushed back the recording of the Cat Attack Podcast for this week - Kingy thinks the weather in Brisbane is better for a few days.

Fire your questions through by 4pm Thursday

We have pushed back the recording of the Cat Attack Podcast for this week - Kingy thinks the weather in Brisbane is better for a few days.

Fire your questions through by 4pm Thursday

Bloody hell - unless Kingy has taken to referring to himself in the 3rd person does this mean Benny has joined the BF ranks?!?! Look out!

As for the question - Can we rename Kolo as BP - The Quiet Achiever - (their old advertising slogan for those too young to recall it).

Was kinda on the outer a bit with supporters over recent years and while HT, Blitz and Tommy Stewart ( great 50th game btw) have been taking the Misfit spotlight, Kolo has just been out there quietly accumulate froward scalps faster than the Washington Redskins have been receiving complaints about their name.

And Tommy Stewart deserves a spray for not getting Kolo a look at goal in the last 2 mins of the Bombers game with him in space in the F50 - Kingy was well forward in the chair like a coiled spring ready for that one

Just on Tommy Stewart -(a question for Benny the like that Hydro would pose) has their ever been a succession of a number being passed on where the new wearer has lived up to the quality and expectations set by the predecessor.
EG - Boris #44 - Tommy Stewart #44.

Im the biggest Boris fan but the blow of his retirement from the game has been softened (not diminishing what Boris achieved in ANY way) by the reliability and week in week out performance of Tommy. A remarkable 50 games.

Go Catters

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Bloody hell - unless Kingy has taken to referring to himself in the 3rd person does this mean Benny has joined the BF ranks?!?! Look out!

As for the question - Can we rename Kolo as BP - The Quiet Achiever - (their old advertising slogan for those too young to recall it).

Was kinda on the outer a bit with supporters over recent years and while HT, Blitz and Tommy Stewart ( great 50th game btw) have been taking the Misfit spotlight, Kolo has just been out there quietly accumulate froward scalps faster than the Washington Redskins have been receiving complaints about their name.

And Tommy Stewart deserves a spray for not getting Kolo a look at goal in the last 2 mins of the Bombers game with him in space in the F50 - Kingy was well forward in the chair like a coiled spring ready for that one

Just on Tommy Stewart -(a question for Benny the like that Hydro would pose) has their ever been a succession of a number being passed on where the new wearer has lived up to the quality and expectations set by the predecessor.
EG - Boris #44 - Tommy Stewart #44.

Im the biggest Boris fan but the blow of his retirement from the game has been softened (not diminishing what Boris achieved in ANY way) by the reliability and week in week out performance of Tommy. A remarkable 50 games.

Go Catters

4 to 4 ? Has to be some others but we probably need to go back a bit.. I dont think it was Chappy to Danger was it ?
The 44 one is a bit unique similar role , similar size ..its like someone mandated 44 is HBF ..bit like the old days when 23 was the FF..

Larry Donohue

Premium Platinum
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
The biggest question I have at present is

Given Charlie Constable did a full VFL year in preparation, and that his games this year have been quality, why is he not being given regular games ahead of an older player (eg Guthrie)
Charlie is one of the bright sparks that have set the cats alight this season and I'd hate to see him get discouraged by floored decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back