Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2021 - Kingy and Benny are back for KROCK Football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, congratulations on the first win for the season and to Renee for kicking her first goal in the AFLW

And a fun question for after the win - who is the worse player when it comes to singing the team song?

What is Paul Hood like as a coach? Is he one who calmly gets his message across, or is he one who gives frightful sprays behind closed doors?

Also, which girl would be classed as the "coach's pet"?

Last edited:

Hi all,

Renee and I are back from 4:30pm Wednesday if you have any questions.

Regards

Kingy
do you want AFL and AFLW questions or just one or the other - Double duty this week?

GO Catters

Hi and thanks for the podcast, never miss it! I was surprised when Gold Coast and Brisbane drew a couple of weeks ago that they didn’t play extra time...particularly considering the shorter quarters and shorter season. Do you have a preference Renee...are you happy with a draw or would you prefer extra time to get a result?

And if there's time, and I don't expect there to be, another question - how much interaction do you have with the cats male players? Is there no interaction, or an occasional walk pass in the corridor, or sometime social functions together, or regular joint meetings and other interactions? Or perhaps you interact quite frequently? Thanks Renee!

Great win last week in trying conditions up there..

Seems like the group is really gelling together and players are growing in confidence and ability each week.
Aasta O’Connor had her best game IMO for the Cats with some great tap work.
I also noticed Liv was resting forward at some center bounces.
Seems like the footy nuances in the game are increasing each week.
Does the coaching staff continually add new things to the structure and tactics each week or is it more of this Is what we have and we are going to master that before tinkering with it.
Good luck this week
Go Catters

Awesome win. The defensive pressure, particularly in the 2nd half, was a joy to watch. :)

Does anyone in particular take control of the pre-game pump up playlist (assuming there is one)? If so, who is that person, and what sort of music is included?

As a mature male 50 plus I can say the last two weeks have been quite enjoyable to watch. There will always be something to improve on, men women all are imperfect and we always need to embrace the need for improvement..however along with that one should get accolades when doing something well. WE have not brought in big names like Rich , we give chance to our girls from our area and our side continues to represent our club well. Well done.

BUT I hope we dont let the team should not worry too much about negative 'personal' comments (if you are receiving any) (media banning comments etc in the papers). My guess is most of the critism come from people who have forgotten how hard it is or have never played. It would be fun watching some of them trying to match their comments on the field.One can not win an argument with an idiot, they will always drag you down to their level.

Good luck against North , big test against a form side.

Questions.

Which do we place a higher emphasis on speed into the forward line or maintaining possession?

There was a discussion yesterday about playing style that Ess are trying to copy Rich handball style.. it is believed holding possession was harder with kicking than handball like Rich do... watching the system of play we quite often try to link up with handball and keep the ball moving , we seem to risk the less accurate pass in order to keep it moving, sometimes that turnover cost us. Do we just have to accept turnovers are the cost of attempting fast transition?

Clarks kicking for goal looks good... do we see he being a permanent forward from here on. Converting inside 50's seems an obvious way to improve scores. Who would be the best 5 kicks in the side?

Why do the girl have the mainly white jumper compared to the mens jumper..? If we compare the thinest looking player on the mans list, I feel the bluer jumper would make our girls look more distinctive.

Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 9.24.46 am.png Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 9.26.24 am.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably not the question I'd hope to be asking, but after watching the depressing scene of Nina going down on Friday night, I must admit I was shattered watching it on the couch at home, but probably nowhere near as devastated as Renee and the rest of her teammates were.

How much have the girls got around her since it happened, and is it possible to give an update on how the two girls who were ruled out for the season prior to the season starting - Mia Skinner and Gemma Wright - are doing in their respective recoveries?

Gday Kingy
Rough week but really glad you are doing this - helps add some normal back into life at the moment. The work does not go unappreciated.

AFLW -

Im sure its been discussed already but superlatives do not adequately describe the bottomless pit in my abdomen after Nina went down. Suffice to say the Taco stand up the street was using some very potent onions at the point in the game and effected me acutely.
I thought the team played really good footy and gave their all in difficult circumstances and I tip my hat to Mel Hickey for wearing her heart on her sleeve out there.

With the change in the Midfield, who is the next person to come in there to help carry the load?

AFL -

A 2 part question -
Will JJ be the great white hope or great white elephant for us this season for us?

Will Esava be left to develop as a #2 KPF next to Hawkins with the forward 50 ruck chop out as needed, or will ge be stuffed into the ruck as we try to get another small into the team to try and get faster as the need for speed seems to be the envogue fashion this season.

Ready for a big year. Go Cats.

Hi all,

Due to circumstances out of our control, we have been unable to provide an AFL Men's Cat Attack Podcast.

We do hope to be able to bring you an AFLW version.
Hope everyone is ok there Kingy.

GO Catters

Hi Kingy and Renee....great answers to my questions last week, thank you. With Geelong now out of the finals race (I think) does anything change? Do you still play your best team or try to get some more games into youngsters? Do players with ”niggling” injuries who could have played now focus on recovery? And how early do you start focusing on next year? When do players generally find out if they are required for next year, how many players would already be contracted? What is the average or common length of contracts in AFLW etc. Thank you!

Last edited:
We are back tomorrow with Benny and I hope to make regular appearances through the shutdown.

Got a question - we'll try to answer it.

Shoot them through by 11am Friday.

Kingy

1- Is Benny still on the Burrow Train ?? Choo Chooo?!?!

2- Given the club was nearly debt free.. first time in 50 years - does this mean that we are better placed overall in that going into debt at this time will be of lesser impact than those clubs further in it already?

Sounds simple in theory - but will the AFL distribution of the secured credit line be distributed evenly and will the stadium asset resource, and the revenue we gain from it, be considered and lessen the credit line to survive.

And most of all - thans for doing this. Hard work for everyone everywhere at the moment and getting some normality back is a huge help.
BE safe and may it continue.

GO Catters

Hi,

I was just wondering what your thoughts are on the pay dispute between the Afl and the players? In particular, what did you think of the way in which players such as Patrick Dangerfield and Jack Riewoldt spoke about the issue?

And for the KROCK and Geelong Grand Final fans

What a great way to smash a few Sat arvos!!

Go Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back