Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2021 - Kingy and Benny are back for KROCK Football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fill us in on what you know of Steve Hocking and his approach to doing business.
I found his self help book online.

Thanks for the podcast. How brave do you think Geelong can be in planning for round one? Can we package Chris Scott Blitz and the Guthrie brothers to Carlton and get a draft pick and a young player or future pick back?

Would also clear cap space to plan on nabbing a young Ruck or onballer in 2023 via trade/free agency

Stewart and Henry would be amazing support on flanks for a young Krueger and SDK to be starting fullback and CHB next year- 20 games into those two and Clarke. Bews and Atkins to remain small backs - if we want to get games into stevens kolo is on the outer and hendo retires. Neale can trial as well.

Up forward- Hawk, Cameron and danger are mainstays supported by second Ruck Esava. Close, Evans and Miers to take games over dal, Rohan and Higgins

No relation, parffit, Duncan, menegola, Selwood (last year) Smith and Simpson are the onballer unit with Narkle if he stays. O’Connor full time tagger. hope Stephens gets a gig if body is up to it.

Okunbur gets three games to see if he can scare the * out of a few

Rucks- Stanley is buying us time so we can have 24 months to land someone anyone please

Trial the Greek and Neale as well

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It seems to me that so long as a coach has KPIs that demand finals appearances we are locked in to our current problems of an aging/experienced list.

What KPI package might see us build for the rest of this decade without the risk of an uncontrolled downward spiral into oblivion?

Hopefully I can ask 1 more question...

Lol

Joel Selwood... if we were going to wean him out of the midfield and slowly put more younger mids in there... what other position could he play 🤷‍♂️

Hopefully I can ask 1 more question...

Lol

Joel Selwood... if we were going to wean him out of the midfield and slowly put more younger mids in there... what other position could he play 🤷‍♂️
Well, his goal kicking has improved as he has gotten older. Certainly a better kick at goal than Dangerfield (who people want to play forward).

Could you imagine the opposition supporters going ballistic as Joel gets head high tackles 20 m from goal. :D

Thanks for the year Benny & Kingy!

How do we start to sprinkle some more physicality & intensity among the group? I don't mind recruiting older players, but it would be nice to get some in who will bring a harder edge to the group & demand a bit more from their teammates. Are there any gettable mature age players out there that fit the mould? This would go along with getting more of those types through the draft also. Too many on-field nice guys at the Cats at the moment.

Good luck to Tralee Rose for the rest of the spring!

I am no punter, but thought I might keep the horse in mind...but I thought Benny was saying Charlie Rose?! Couldn't for the life of me find a horse by that name. :drunk:

Thoughts on chasing Matt Flynn as a ruckman from GWS? He probably starts next year behind Preuss, Mumford (if he plays) and on par with Briggs. I was really impressed with his HO work and marking ability when he was given the opportunity to solo ruck. He wouldn't cost a whole heap in terms of salary or draft pick to get him.

Otherwise, Ned Reeves from Hawks is an option too (behind Ceglar, McEvoy)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:tongueout:Tom King : "Chris scott's record 10 and 15 in finals, but he won his first 3 so he is 7 and 15 since 2011"

My count is 10 wins from 25 overall..... so 7 from 22 since 2012!!!!! You were generous!

Last edited:
Thanks for the year Benny & Kingy!

How do we start to sprinkle some more physicality & intensity among the group? I don't mind recruiting older players, but it would be nice to get some in who will bring a harder edge to the group & demand a bit more from their teammates. Are there any gettable mature age players out there that fit the mould? This would go along with getting more of those types through the draft also. Too many on-field nice guys at the Cats at the moment.

Just quoting myself :) Thanks for the final podcast guys. On the above, you might have misinterpreted the question. When I say hard edge, I don’t mean Steven Baker types, I mean guys like Joel Selwood. There are a couple in this GF - Tom Liberatore, Viney, May. Gawn vs Stanley for example. Oliver vs Guthrie.

Just more guys who won’t be bullied.

Great year from you guys thank you to all involved and the sponsors,love the no bullcrap analysis and answers to questions from us at bigfooty, you were spot on with Cam Guthrie as far as trading him contract length and how he now plays his footy and the need to change that, the Trent Cotchin example was spot on, hope someone gets in his ear and he can become more damaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back