Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2021 - Kingy and Benny are back for KROCK Football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez Kingy got the lurgy deep in the throat there

Great first off ep... looking forward to more.

And well done Renee on a first up run.

GO Catters

Geez Kingy got the lurgy deep in the throat there

Great first off ep... looking forward to more.

And well done Renee on a first up run.

GO Catters

Was a quality first up effort from Renee.

Alright, Renee Garing will be joining us again from 3:30pm Tuesday.

Fire in your questions by then.

Kingy

I’m neck deep in Grammys right now so a little distracted from footy... but...

Need to know
1 - Kingy how was the trip stateside and did you manage a few days in Vegas sans family for yourself?
2 - how is Sam Simpson and Jacob Kennerley travelling
3- how is jack Steven fitting in and does he appear in better place than in previous times?
4- let’s get Benny on record.
with the number one pick in the 2020 NFL draft the Cincinnati bengals select......( insert Answer here and why)

Thanks and welcome back gents
Go Catters

View attachment 810657

If it's not Joe Burrow then shut down the franchise!

Alright, Renee Garing will be joining us again from 3:30pm Tuesday.

Fire in your questions by then.

Kingy
I"m all on the Liv Purcell Bandwagon - #1 ticket holder - once again her inside work was great but she excelled getting the ball out and her class to break way for that clearance to get it to Rocky for her master goal cant be undestated.

Sky's the limit for her IMO.

We seemed to struggle getting the ball forward against Freo often - but when we got a clean possession it seemed more effective.

What do you see as the key to improving this?

And compared to last season you can see the development in the group which is really promising. Its really good to see and best of luck for Week 2!

GO Catters

Saw this discussed elsewhere, and would like to hear Renee's thoughts on this.

In AFLW there's 16 players a side, but in VFLW there's 18 on the ground at once. It seems that the extra two players on the field tend to help limit congestion as there's extra players to use on the outside of the contest.

Does Renee agree with this, and is it time to have 18 a side in the AFLW as well?

Another good listen. Interesting to hear Renee's (and Tom's) thoughts about the trolls in social media who seem to delight in degrading the game and the athletes who play it.

Also good that Tom's voice actually made it through this week too. :)

Hi all,

Disappointing from the girls this week after leading by 13 points.

Questions for this week's inclusion Mel Hickey and myself by 9:30am Tuesday

Kingy

As the #1 ticket holder of the Olivia Purcell Fan club id just like to register how damn good a player she is.
She a leader and a great player of the future - and now really - for the club.

It was a disppointing loss surely but the upward overeall trend of the team continues. Sure we need to finish games out better but this year we've been in games deeper than last year. If we can just create some more F50 entries consistently thru the game the coversion rate once there has been good.

Looing forward to next week. Keep up the good work.

GO Catters

What does Mel see as the biggest issue in our inability to get the ball out of our backline over the past fortnight - lack of connection between defenders and those up the ground, or are the opposition getting better at creating zones to lock the ball inside their attacking half, or is it a combination of the two?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think that the 30 player team lists allow for positional depth and adequate injury coverage?

Under the current rules, clubs can sign train on players when a currently listed player is ruled out for the season but the train on player/s are unavailable for selection unless a team has less than 23 fit players.

Should the rules be changed so that clubs have a subsequent list of a limited number, and where one of those players can be promoted & available for selection without restrictions, to replace a currently listed player who is out of the season?

While I was listening to this week's podcast (awesome job again by the way), I thought of a good question for next week's podcast!

However, knowing my luck, I'd forget it between now and then, so I'll ask it now while I still remember.

With quite a few women coming across from other sports to try their hand at AFLW, particularly in the league's infancy, if you had the chance to convince a female sporting star from another sport to come across and try out for the Cats AFLW side, who would you choose and why?

Hi all,

Renee Garing is back this week after being replaced by Mel Hickey last week.

Feel free to fire your questions to us by 4pm Wednesday.

Kingy

Tough loss yesterday, but pleasing to see a 4 quarter performance after fading out late the previous two weeks.

How far away is Kate Darby from getting a game, and is she injured, or just not in the side for team balance reasons?

Hard loss after a stellar effort - perhaps the teams best game - but from the losses like that comes resiliance and drive.
As a spectator from afar - very afar in my case - you can see the improvements across the board.

As the President and #1 ticket holder of the Liv Purcell Fan club - I have to pay homage to her stellar game again on the weekend and to change things up this week I was really impresed again with Maddie Keryk in defence. She's really stepped up in Meg Mcdonalds absence and has carried that on again last week. Great to see the individuals improve and the collective lift as well.
Best for next week.

The latest edition of the Cat Attack Podcast with Tom King & Renee Garing talking all things Cats AFLW has dropped.

Great episode! Bring on rd 4 !
Go Catters

Great to see the girls get a well deserved win and Podcast gets a plug too.

Cleary Renee has a future in journalism - but a quick tip from the cheap seats use the inside hand for the mic holding so not to close off the interviewee - but these things come with experience!

A great win and looking forward to next week.

Go Catters

Great win on the weekend - was awesome to see.

Whilst the usual suspects all had good games again - ( Liv, Rocky, Meg, Maddie and of course Renee) it was some newer faces that stepped up as well - possibly the best team effort ive seen.

Amy McDonald, Georgia Clark and Bec Webster to name a few.
The future with this group is very bright - circa 2004. Can we keep this group together going forward? (future retirements excpeted of course)

Was there a message to change the game style in the 3 quarter - did the structures change? - or did the Tigers just get on a roll and we had trouble getting it back on our terms - which we did in the last?

Best for next week !

Go Catters

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back