Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2021 - Kingy and Benny are back for KROCK Football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Feel free to shoot us a question or statement - the recording likely on Thursday arvo.

Kingy

Well it’s great to believe again.
Has there been a better 5 disposal game than esavas? A big pack mark and goal, to go with bringing the ball to ground on several occasions and splitting pacts. With big Gawn and Jackson awaiting, esava stays in
He might have missed a easy goal but the pressure and tackling that no relation Holmes provided was just what the doctor ordered. All 10 of his disposals were contested so he worked hard for them. Addition of speed to forward line a big plus

Rhys Stanley played one of his better games in the hoops. Sure the sausage eating Mumford is old and banged up ans generally Rhys struggles with that but he was excellent. Jumping over Shane and running him ragged.

Another bonus was quieter games from Selwood and Dangerfield but that’s a bonus a they will no doubt lift v the dees. I just hope the cats go for a younger player with pace like Simpson or Narkle and resist the urge to play Higgins.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hey Boys
King , I heard you mentioned on last week show the words " Daniel Talia"? what have you herd about him? Plus is there any recent names you here we been linked to?
I wouldn't mind us chasing Luke Dunstan from St Kilda ( I can see Benny Cas rolling his eyes 👀 ) if you look at our core midfield age, Guthrie, Duncan, Selwood, Dangerfield, Menegola we will all over 30 plus next year ( which I'm very concerned about , but than again if we win the flag this year I wouldn't worry about it lol )

Lets hope we bring the chocolates home this weekend
FoxDog50

Last edited:
Hey Boys
Ben, you might be able to answer this for me? Shaun Higgins? How long is he contracted for? Footy Wire saying it's till the end of this season, but I'm sure I read somewhere we signed him up till the end of 2022? ( lol hope it's the end of 2021 😉 )

Plus also I heard you mentioned on last week show the words " Daniel Talia"? what have you herd about him? Plus is there any recent names you here we been linked to?
I wouldn't mind us chasing Luke Dunstan from St Kilda ( I can see Benny Cas rolling his eyes 👀 ) if you look at our core midfield age, Guthrie, Duncan, Selwood, Dangerfield, Menegola we will all over 30 plus next year ( which I'm very concerned about , but than again if we win the flag this year I wouldn't worry about it lol )

Lets hope we bring the chocolates home this weekend
FoxDog50

2 years for Higgins - even though I know some aren't so happy with that news

Higgins, 32, was under contract at the Roos for 2021 but was told he was free to look elsewhere to secure his future and will accept a two-year deal at the Cattery.

2 years for Higgins - even though I know some aren't so happy with that news

Higgins, 32, was under contract at the Roos for 2021 but was told he was free to look elsewhere to secure his future and will accept a two-year deal at the Cattery.

Cheers legend 👌👍 I'll now edit my question for the last part... thanks again, much appreciated

Dangerfield’s finger-injury has unfortunately rendered him ineffective offensively. But he works harder than tassels on a burlesque dancer’s nipple. As such, since he’s compromised, any chance he could sacrifice himself and be deployed as a human blanket on either Petracca or Oliver - much like Jimmy on Lenny after quarter time in the 2009 GF??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great call again last week

May I suggest some "post it notes" on the buttons in the studio this week with "this one not until 725pm"

Feel bad for whoever that was - been there and punched the wrong button before myself.... never a good feeling...

To this week -
Does the combo of Jack Henry and Tom Stewart have the potential to be one of the best Cats defending duos of all time?

Also - Can Stewy realistically make it back?! Matty Egan had Navicular issues which are different to the Lisfranc injury and subsequent surgery Stewy has had. Are they really considering him if we get thru to the GF? Seems like so much career downside if it goes pearshaped and very risky with a players future.

Im sure they wont be too silly but its food for thought. I keep thinking of Stokesy in 08 and how effective he was... but then you think of SJ in 2011 with his knee... it can go either way.

Lets have a good call and we only need 2 more wins.

PS - Credit to Rhys Stanley who has looked only at the ball and not the oppo ruckman these past few week and the change in attitude has reflected in his output. Well done.

GO Catters

May I suggest some "post it notes" on the buttons in the studio this week with "this one not until 725pm"
What button got pushed?

For Kingy and Benny
Good game on Friday night. Sav and Tuohy made a world of difference to the front and back half of the ground respectively. Don't think we need to make any changes this week apart from replacing Parfitt. Who comes in? I'm thinking Simpson which would allow Duncan to play a bit more on ball. Can't see how Higgins or Dalh could get a call up now. Would love for Narkle to be the sub. Cheers

Hi all,

Feel free to shoot us a question or statement - the recording likely on Thursday arvo.

Kingy

First time longtime and thanks for being a staple of my week.

For me it has to be narkle or probably Clark coming in for Parfit. Up against a midfield with two way runners we will need speed. I’d be disappointed if Higgins comes back in, we looked so good with speed last week.

I think we will be so much better with Duncan and Touhy kicking it inside, we missed that round 23. Whilst menegola gets plenty by god he needs to find a target. He gets that back again and it will be like getting a new player.

Enjoy the call Go Cats

Another prelim, oh the joy. This club has been so generous and philanthropic to the cats supporters for over 15 years now.

I honestly think we're a great chance to make the GF. Yes the Dees have a very nice defensive system going at the moment but the cats do too and they also have a very powerful attacking system. Sav has to stay in the side and i like Narkle in for Parfitt. I agree with Jonhz, no to Dahl.

Would love someone to frustrate and distract Oliver. Not sure who that could be, some suggest Selwood.

Hey guys,

Mark Neeld made reference to the cats opposition being willing to take on tackles. Petracca and Oliver do this well! What would be the plan for them? and who replaces Parfitt as we need a defensive minded player to replace him.

Thanks

No questions from me this week.

Im officially broken, we as Geelong supporters for the past 10 years have been conditioned for finals failure.

Ive always liked Chris Scott but it’s time, he has a plan A, a plan B but not a tight Finals plan.

I also believe honesty we will be better next year than this current season and for one simple reason.

Team cohesion

Thanks for the year boys, during lockdown it’s been s**t and for about 30 minutes you let us forget about it all.
Next season can you take over the official Geelong Podcast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One more time!

Feel free to shoot us a question, comment or criticism by lunchtime Thursday

Cheers

Kingy

Surely with that loss we are done. We have consistently lost in the same fashion in prelim final week, the game plan doesn’t stack up.
We cannot entertain bringing in older players. In the contrary, surely we need to get ourselves into the first 20 picks of the draft by offloading someone.

Why do we have a game plan based on slow meticulous play, we when have 2 of the best key forwards in the game? Surely we need to inject some speed into backline, starting with Henderson retiring. Kolo lacks leg speed but at 193cm should be big and strong enough to take a key forward. Kruger, de koning and nick stevens should be given games

Midfield is a concern. The way the dress ran out away from our mids was embarrassing. Hopefully cooper Stephens can have a big preseason and force his way in, but speed is a must in this area.

The forward line just needs the addition of speed. Surely Gary Rohan has played his last game for the cats. What we wouldn’t do for a kozzy picket or Cody weightman. Hoping frank the tank can be our small forward, along with brad close next year

the ruck. Rhys Stanley has tried but he’s not the answer. Nor is Darcy fort. Why have either on the list? Jordan sweet from dogs would cost very little, not getting a game, or 1 of Briggs or Flynn from the giants. Pick someone who might grow into a low term prospect. Shannon Neale was drafted last year as a ruck but spent the vfl games at full back so who knows what’s happening there.

Coaching
There has to be changes made to the game style and coaching at the cattery. Even my fashion sense has changed more than the coaches at geelong in the past ten years.

Surely the likes of Jenkins, Henderson, Rohan. Dailhaus, even fort, Stanley and Higgins should be on thin ice

Well done on another year of the best podcast, surely Benny can be allowed to tell 1 story of dubious nature to finish the year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Thanks so much for making the footy season more enjoyable. Question: What were the mitigating factors behind the teams’ dramatic form loss over the past 6 weeks. They went from premiership fancies to ghosts. Chris Scott suggested something (perhaps COVID / lockdown related) in his post-match presser. Any inside info?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thanks for the effort in making this podcast boys.

The game plan doesn't stand up in finals, but most people all ready knew that. I love Chris Scott's passion but his stubbornness is infuriating.
If they are going to use the virus as an excuse then nothing will be learned and we will see the same results next year, the virus didn't make them stink it up against Port two weeks ago and its definitely not the reason the Cats are 1w 6L in prelims.
Not much they can do with the list now, most blokes are contacted next year.
P.S now that Cookie has gone to Carlton my hopes are up that he will take Scott with him.
Thanks fellas.

Last edited:
Thanks for the year boys.

Benny has often suggested the midfield maybe better without Danger in it. Do you think a more splitting of his role now is needed?

Also where to from here in terms balancing this list out in age and experience ?

Cheers

Every year Geelong gets constant praise in the media for what a "professional outfit" we supposedly are due to the fact that we always make finals. But on what possible basis is the word "professional" justified in reference to a team that has *constantly* - for an entire decade! - been the side least prepared for the September heat? We have reliably played our *worst* football of the season in finals and on numerous occasions rocked up to these games so lethargic and lacking in the intensity level you need for these big games that we've been blown out of the water by quarter time. How is that "professional"? Surely it's the exact opposite?

One more time!

Feel free to shoot us a question, comment or criticism by lunchtime Thursday

Cheers

Kingy

G'day boys, tough night on Friday. Still think we can compete with some minor tweaks to personnel/luck on injury front.

Just had two thoughts/questions:

1. How can Geelong inject talented kicks into the back 6? I get very nervous when Blicavs, Henry, Kolo, Atkins & Bews have the ball and you can count on the taller defenders to have at least one direct turnover that results in a goal each week. If we want to play a slow, methodical style then Geelong needs to put more talented kicks back there. It's an indictment on the team's talent when the 198cm key forward is the second best field kick in the team (behind Duncan).

2. I've been really disappointed in Cam Guthrie's lack of accountability and pressure this year. Guthrie is often caught ball watching, whilst his direct opponent charges forward from the stoppage. Guthrie has become an accumulator of the ball but I don't think his possessions are damaging enough to the opposition, what Geelong needs him to do is sacrifice his game a little and play the team orientated defence on the opposition's midfielders. Do you think a change in the midfield coach might be what Guthrie needs to remove these bad habits that are creeping into his game?

Cheers boys, another great year from you both!

FF

Hey Boys, Thanks again for another year of the Cat Attack Podcast, it's great to hear and you guys answering our questions as times it's only way we as members/supporters get our views across..

Look I was bloody disappointed on
Friday night 😡😡 but at least the sun has come up again.. I honestly wouldn't care if we drop out the finals for 3-4 years and build a team from the draft.. we will win the od upset of a game, but you get some satisfaction of seeing a team built from scratch.. while we have few in there 29 30 age bracket can help guide them threw.. we won't be wooden spooners, but if it makes us finish 10th for example.. Rather that then keep topping up be top 4 for 6 years straight. I'd rather see us top 2 for 2/ 3 years and grap 1 flag then doing it for 7 years being top 4...

I might be in the minority here, Charlie Constable... I really rate him on how he can win his own ball, but also he can win clearances.. The only way he could show what his got is to give him succession of games in a row ( we'll actually to all the likes of young kids who play for us ). If you look at our core midfield in Dangerfield, Selwood, Guthrie, how good would of been to blend in a 21,22 year old Constable.. But I can't blame any of the younger players in asking for a trade, if you were in there position year after year seeing the club picking up mature age players..

Oh can you please do 1 more show after trade week has finished 🙏

Chaps...

Once again many thanks from the Big Footy Geelong Board for running the Catattack Podcast again this season. On behalf of all of here thanks for entertaining our questions and fronting up each week and allowing us to interact.
We are the only club board with real regular mainstream AFL club based interaction and its a privilege for us so many thanks again.

As for the destroyation of last week, there's really nothing left of the carcass of Finals hope we started the year with.
Players are cooked, coaches are leaving or have left... makes you wonder what will 2022 look like.
All good things come to an end and it will be interesting to see if the venom of the recent losses will be tempered in the future as the winning % drops as the inevitable changes that are coming take a hold.

Can the club dust itself off and stand to challenge again or is it more like Wyle E Coyote lighting a match only to see its in a cave of explosive and

I hope the club keeps the majority of the youth - Kruger, Clark, Stevens, Steven, No relation et al and gets games into them next year.

Do you think the aforementioned will stay in the Hoops?

Is there leadership in the club currently that can go all "Rd 5 2007 Chappy style " and bring them together or will it just fizzle into the annals of the record books as a really close to successful time at KP?

Its been a pleasure and may 2022 be a cracker on the CAP thanks to Kerr's Hire only on KROCK Football!!!!!

EDIT - Just read that Kreuger to the Pies is a real thing. How the @#%# can we let that happen. So pissed right now. Open the purse strings and get him re-signed and give him games goddamit

EDIT2 - Boris, Scarlo, Knights all gone. Cookie gone. Hock has eother got balls of steel or he's not mucking about.
ITs gonna be REAL interesting going forward.

And in the footy world where everyone has "mail" and every blogger or Journalist has the inside track.. not a single whiff of a name for an assistant coach or player coming to Geelong... very telling as either NO ONE was expecting change... or no one is lined up to come.

Go Catters

Last edited:
For me the rot at the club started when Chapman was made the sub on qualifying final day 2013. A disgraceful way to treat a champion, and someone who we needed out there from the start that day. But I digress.

Could you guys please explain to me why the club was so eager to get rid of champions like Chapman, Johnson, Kelly, Bartel etc, but are now insistent on topping up with 30 year olds like Higgins, Jack Steven, Josh Jenkins etc? Something doesn't add up here.

Why has Guthrie been given a 4 year deal? Yes he's a best and fairest winner but he's nearly 30 as well. Don't know if I'd be locking him in for that long.

What do we do with the skipper next year? Does he do a Cotchin and hand the reigns over to someone else?

Does he need a tap on the shoulder or does he go one more year? And who is our next captain going to be (please not Dangerfield).

Last edited:
Excellent work this year gents. I only discovered the podcast half way through, but made my drive to training each week worthwhile.
I have tried to keep emotions out of assessment, but it is still too raw.
What I do know is that I don't like this carry on about having reached so many finals in the last 15yrs. I am old school, you win the flag or you are the same as the other 16 teams... How many clubs have their mission to just make finals? The goal is to win it. The fact that we made so many finals without ultimate success means there is something wrong to not win that last game of the year. I think it's psychological, would you agree?
Anyway, in years to come we will remember the last 10 years as a Hawthorn dominance (shivers saying this) followed by Richmond dominance. We won't look back at Geelong making finals so many of those years, unless recollecting our ability to fail in finals, the same as we look back at the late 80s and early 90s (this pain is not forgotten).
I don't know the answer, but then again, if I did I would probably be on payroll and held to the same revere as Stephen Wells (who you may have heard of)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back