Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2021 - Kingy and Benny are back for KROCK Football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Boys are back in town!!

Much thanks to K rock Football, Tom King and Benny Cass for once again giving us an informative, funny, opinionated and real platform to disucss all things Geelong Footy.

Get your questions into the guys and lets have another great season with Big Footy and KROCK Football.

GO Catters

Oct 31, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
LEEDS
Do we post the questions on here?
if so.

1. what’s the schedule for cockatoo is it rd 1 return? Or a good month or so in the twos first?

2. how’s fort going? Is he giving Stanley a run for his money or he still just depth?

3. Are they gunna change the game plan to get it in quick?

4.How has Shaun Grigg been around the club?

5. Who has been the standout on the track and which young player is looking very promising?

AlcoaCat

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
West Perth Cardinals
The burning questions for me are these: how important is a strong ruck performance to our chances? And if it is critical, do we actually have the capacity in 2020 to perform in this area?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

I’m neck deep in Grammys right now so a little distracted from footy... but...

Need to know
1 - Kingy how was the trip stateside and did you manage a few days in Vegas sans family for yourself?
2 - how is Sam Simpson and Jacob Kennerley travelling
3- how is jack Steven fitting in and does he appear in better place than in previous times?
4- let’s get Benny on record.
with the number one pick in the 2020 NFL draft the Cincinnati bengals select......( insert Answer here and why)

Thanks and welcome back gents
Go Catters

FEAE8C6A-26AD-4CD1-A3F6-FF5835730966.jpeg

I’m neck deep in Grammys right now so a little distracted from footy... but...

Need to know
1 - Kingy how was the trip stateside and did you manage a few days in Vegas sans family for yourself?
2 - how is Sam Simpson and Jacob Kennerley travelling
3- how is jack Steven fitting in and does he appear in better place than in previous times?
4- let’s get Benny on record.
with the number one pick in the 2020 NFL draft the Cincinnati bengals select......( insert Answer here and why)

Thanks and welcome back gents
Go Catters

View attachment 810657
Stop showing off your Grammy photos Daz ;):p

And the first edition of 2020 has dropped, with Cas and Kingy joined by the Great No.30.

And in true caddy shack fashion I was just about to give you the ...

Awesome.. and Scarlo first Cab off the rank

Can’t wait to hear it

Go Catters .

No preseason rust here.. cat attack podcast back at full speed first episode. Great work and tone set for great season!
Go Catters

Great to see AFLW podcast coming in hot too. Gives more time for in-depth coverages. I like it
Go Catters

Fantastic podcast to get back into the spirit and could not have a better guest first up. Well done

Not sure Jack Steven and Josh Jenkins for late picks constitutes going all in when we took 2 1st round raw draftees and left ourselves 3 first rounders in draft capital for next year. I think of "all in" being more like our 2015 trade scenario where we left no tradeable picks in that year or future and brought in a group of 25 year olds. Although I do agree that Jenkins doesn't seem to plug an obvious hole.

Thanks guys, looks like it'll be a good year from your team. Hope the boys match your effort

goyoucatters

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 31, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Stockport County, Chicago Cubs
Fantastic podcast to get back into the spirit and could not have a better guest first up. Well done

Not sure Jack Steven and Josh Jenkins for late picks constitutes going all in when we took 2 1st round raw draftees and left ourselves 3 first rounders in draft capital for next year. I think of "all in" being more like our 2015 trade scenario where we left no tradeable picks in that year or future and brought in a group of 25 year olds. Although I do agree that Jenkins doesn't seem to plug an obvious hole.

Thanks guys, looks like it'll be a good year from your team. Hope the boys match your effort

For me, the Jenkins scenario could be as simple as ultra-cheap insurance in the case of a systems breakdown up front due to injury or poor form. Given the actual cost associated with picking him up, I'm comfortable that the club isn't sold on playing him in the ones as a matter of course.

Whereas Steven was just too good a deal to pass up. His best is elite and we lost another exceptional midfield talent in the same trade period.

I see it as extremely minimal cost for potential huge dividend in Steven and a solid 'break glass' option in Jenkins. At least that's what I'm hoping transpires from here. And, as you noted, we still took five young players in the ND (including two in the first round) to ensure plenty of young draftees are still joining the list as the transition continues. With two more of the rookies selected also being young players looking to work their way up to senior footy.

For what we gave away then in combination across the two deals (even if they both come up short), I think 'meh' would actually almost be an overreaction. So 'all in' seems a rather extreme take to me.

Last edited:

AlcoaCat

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
West Perth Cardinals
I've seen a big improvement in women's footy since I went to the first Carlton V Pies match (what an experience!) Renee, where do you think most of the improvement has been so far, and what has to build the most to really establish the women's game?

AlcoaCat

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
West Perth Cardinals
I've seen a big improvement in women's footy since I went to the first Carlton V Pies match (what an experience!) Renee, where do you think most of the improvement has been so far, and what has to build the most to really establish the women's game?
Ah bugger, too late ...

How is Olivia Purcell travelliing and will we see more MF time from her this year? She’s a gun in the making and we are lucky to have her I reckon. Plays really hard and has great skills.

Here’s to great year.
Go Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back