Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2021 - Kingy and Benny are back for KROCK Football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Hi guys, Just want to ask a question regarding the news article about Charlie Constable

To me reading this article doesn't make much sense at all, saying he can't be played in the same team with Dangerfield and Selwood...
Surely the longer picture for his long term role is bigger then asking for a trade mid way threw the season, which doesn't make sense.. As I can see him being a big part of the club in the years to come.
Cheers FoxDog50

May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Question for the podcast - how do you see Jack Henry’s development? If the cats were in a prelim tomorrow, would Henderson be more worthy of selection over Henry (and Taylor)?
Love the show.

Was a tough game in the end, but we didnt get across the line running out of legs and skills at the critical moments - but given the circumstances a good effort.

Sav was the focal point of much scorn for his skill errors - and he did miss things he should have made - but he must be supported and persisted with. Do you agree to keep pumping games into him?

And with Chook going out with concussion - and Selwood perhaps not ready - does Fog move to the MF and bring ...dare i say Cocky into a high HF role?

Still want to see Freddy get a go too - but not as a ruckman in any capacity.

GO Catters

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Hi guys, Just want to ask a question regarding the news article about Charlie

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/char...ch-new-contract-with-brisbane-lions-c-1198367

To me reading this article doesn't make much sense at all, saying he can't be played in the same team with Dangerfield and Selwood...
Surely the longer picture for his long term role is bigger then asking for a trade mid way threw the season, which doesn't make sense.. As I can see him being a big part of the club in the years to come.

And the other question is about Esava. With the current injuries to our ruckman our playing list has to be shuffle around.
Benny I know you love Esava, and yes we do have to give him games, but exactly what Dazbroncos said above, his basic skill errors during the game and over the pass few weeks have been below average.
I do like him as he has potential, but you can't just hand players that can't perform simple basic skills on what his done. As players like Kreuger will be wondering what does he have to do to get a game if players he keeps stuffing up..

Please go easy on me Benny as I know you love him :moustache:;).... ;) :moustache:
Cheers FoxDog50

May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Question for the podcast this week - How do you see Jack Henry's progression? If the prelim was played this weekend, would Henderson warrant selection over Jack Henry and Harry Taylor?

Post WC and Pre North Melbourne game Cat Attack Podcast

is here

Fair effort to be honest in the footy frenzy we are in and given the time constraints are harsh right now

GO Catters

Great win Vs the Saints - and a real full team effort.

Question regarding Fog...

He's been played out of position as a HHF or defensive forward - but when he went into the guts he excelled for his best game.

I get the concept of playing kids in different roles to get more experience and then with 22 spots not everyone can play their preferred position, but how long can you play someone out of position before it becomes detremental.

Smedts is one I felt playing of HB was totally out depth and just should never have been there.

Dont want to see tha happen to Fog - get him back in the guts and soon.

GO Catters

ps - how good the 1/2 Menegola 1/2 Ratagolea been travelling!

foodles05

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Great win Vs the Saints - and a real full team effort.

Question regarding Fog...

He's been played out of position as a HHF or defensive forward - but when he went into the guts he excelled for his best game.

I get the concept of playing kids in different roles to get more experience and then with 22 spots not everyone can play their preferred position, but how long can you play someone out of position before it becomes detremental.

Smedts is one I felt playing of HB was totally out depth and just should never have been there.

Dont want to see tha happen to Fog - get him back in the guts and soon.

GO Catters

ps - how good the 1/2 Menegola 1/2 Ratagolea been travelling!

Although I know you are asking someone else I think the brutal reality of the AFL is that you either have prove you are better than the people playing in there and therefore it benefits the team or you play well enough in another position until you get a crack. Developing kids, list management and all the other things are very important but nothing is more important that winning games and the best sides are able to develop around that but not in place of it. Hence like Smedts you are either good enough to push the other players out or at least give them an extended chop out or you make it where you play until you get your chance. Parfitt played out of position more often than not early on but he made himself a necessity in the middle. It's why if you want to make it as a player these days flexibility is so important. Either that or you are so good at your chosen position that you make yourself undeniable.

foodles05

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi Krock team just wondering how many games Gary Rohan can play in a row before he needs a spell. He might be one of the best fresh horses in Australia right now!!! His game is so based on explosion that it seems like his body really needs to be at its peak for him to play his best. On top of that the way he plays must surely mean that his body gets very sore very quickly.

So again how do the cats manage him to ensure they get the best out of him when it counts?

WOW WOW WOW...

What a great 2 games. Big wins against Top 3 teams - and infact we have beaten all Top 3 teams on the ladder now.

Questions -
Tom Atkins and Gary Rohan. Both clearly play roles in the team and both contribute to structures. However, at what point does the structure get lost behind performance. Im actually pleased with both of them but its hard to see on numbers alone how they continually get picked. Granted, both have lifted the past 2 weeks and contributed to our wins

With Simmo going out - hopefully the hammy is not too bad and he can get back in 3 weeks - and that HT and Kolo get back with the corkies on the longer 9 day break.

Can Cocky come in for Simmo and play the same high HF role with a little wing and MF time.

GO Catters

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Hey guys great to see the team really playing well with so many players still to come in... a fit and in from Jack Steven ..what an addition he will be at the pointy end ..(I'm sure you agree Benny).

Its seems to me that there are snippets of Richmond's across the ground play in our current form ..... How much has Grigg influenced the team this year? We seem to switch and go quicker than we did last year , and our D is not just forward press. It seems it working Ok atm, but I wonder how long it will be before the Stanley Steamer looses a bit of steam, when he plays well or breaks even the side looks so much better.. but history says he struggles to stay fit or in form.... and when that happens. ..the perennial ruck question will be raised again.

I have been impressed with Tom DeKonning at Carlton and week or two ago someone on your Podcast show mentioned Bailey Williams... below is a Youtube of him in the PreSeason. he is young yet but has a huge leap, as good , if not better than SavRat. With collateral at years end, I think its time to get serious, look at someone in system , someone young and athletic. Why is it clubs with the best rucks in the league WCoast-NicNat , Melb Gawn , Colleeewoooood - Grundy .., still find a way have more options on their lists than us ... As good as the club has been , I think the ruck is one area that has been a huge blind spot for our recruiting department.

CoolCat75

Team Captain
Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Question : Pick your 22.
Start with the 22 who flogged Port, and add in Gazza, Dahlhaus, maybe Steven and Ratagolea. (and maybe god willing, Cockatoo)

Also...

A request please. Could KROCK podcast channel include the weekly Chris Scott presser in its feed. You guys used to include it a while back.

Keep up the good work with the CatAttack podcast.

Did this one not show up in the feed for anyone else on Google Podcasts?
They will alwsys be posted to the KROCK webite first as I understand it.

And I try to use those links here as not everyone has Itunes, Google etc....

Go Catters

Baudolino

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Hey guys, great call on the weekend. Lots to ponder!

Just a quick one for you today...

A leading ......( inser bunch of crap here - Moderator edit )..... as inevitable.

Anyway, with all that in mind, my question is as follows:

What's our best 22? :think:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 4, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong VFL & VFLW, Geelong Falcons
Hi all,

Sorry for the lack of responses to questions - hopefully, we tackle some of it here.

2020 has been a tough year - Benny and I are doing our best to get together weekly.

Regards

Kingy

Hi all,

Sorry for the lack of responses to questions - hopefully, we tackle some of it here.

2020 has been a tough year - Benny and I are doing our best to get together weekly.

Regards

Kingy

Geez Kingy anyone would think producing 33 games in 22 odd days is hard or something LOL!!!

Thanks for keeping it going with you and Bennji.

We appreciate it.

Go Catters

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Hey K rock Football iv got 2 questions...
1 Constable, I love him as young potential player ( as much love as Cameron Ling loves him )but do you know if there are any truth of the rumours that was on him over a month ago that he wants to be traded at the end of the season?

2 Well its a bit of a statement and a question as well

We cannot bring Sav into finals. If they want ( Chris Scott said he wants to ) play 2 big man in the forward line, they either have to give Jenkins or Kreuger games now.. But i just know Chris Scott will keep playing him and he will play 1 blinder before the end of the season and people here and Chris Scott will praise how good Esava is and his the man to play in the finals.... but he wont back it up.... Ill say it again, he does have potential but you can't keep gifting him games. . Because if I was a player like Kreuger or any other young player coming threw, what do I have to do to get a game if you keep under performing like Sav does
I know Ben you like him, and I think alot of us do, so please go easy on me .
Lol im with dazbroncos its time we should see the Kreuger train...

Cheers the FoxDog50

So... another 4 points banked.

Saw the Skip sitck up for Sav - great move IMO.

That said, in reality how far off is Freddy and what is not doing to get a run?

Same with Chook - No Selwood last week, Chook was omitted for concussion bur should have been clear by rhe Crows game ( happy to be corrected) so if fit why did he not come back? Did Dahl take his spot even theough DAhl is more Forward than inside mid.

GReat call last week and ready for another huge one this Friday morning. And yes, 105pm Sundays ROCK!!

GO CAtters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back