Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2021 - Kingy and Benny are back for KROCK Football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luv hearing the bits where Kingy has to play the FCC and cut Benny's stuff out... you can always tell the edits... or the credit roll before the joke punchline LOL

Go Catters

Luv hearing the bits where Kingy has to play the FCC and cut Benny's stuff out... you can always tell the edits... or the credit roll before the joke punchline LOL

Go Catters
You can do a google on the joke and get the punchline. :D

I was astounded to hear that Chris Scott hadn't been on KROCK since 2016! The Geelong coach won't go on the Geelong Radio station? Why is this so?

You can do a google on the joke and get the punchline. :D

I was astounded to hear that Chris Scott hadn't been on KROCK since 2016! The Geelong coach won't go on the Geelong Radio station? Why is this so?
He has.. Kingy did a long interview with him either this year or last year im pretty sure K rock Football

Go Catters

I would really love to know more about this story, especially since Kingy again alluding to it during the post-match tonight. K rock Football I know you said that the reason Scott doesn't come on K Rock is due to Benny's criticism, but can you elaborate a bit more on that? Has Scott explicitly told you guys that that is the reason or have you been told by others? Also, was there a specific catalyst (ie a particular comment made by Benny or a particular interview he didn't like) that led to his refusal to do K Rock interviews?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong’s good form this year (smacking Saints/Power) was credited on various media outlets (i.e. ‘On the couch’) to Geelong’s extremely high score on their ‘pressure index’. It was revealed their score was so high that teams historically don’t lose when achieving such a high score on that pressure metric. This has clearly dropped since the Richmond match. How and why has this happened?!

Lads - Thoughts on the following selection changes??
- Close for Gaz (pressure needed)
- Narkle for Taylor, with Tuohy taking the vacated defensive position (more run out of the back) releasing Narkle as a pressure mud-forward.

Is Ablett cooked? Has the game moved past him (to slow)?
We lack leg speed but I hold no hope of Chris Scott making any changes for next week, didnt watch the post game presser because its the same old lines he has been useing for the last 5 years,
(I suspect Port are the top team, we dont need to change anything,) blah blah blah.

Precived pressure is one thing, but to me the team look like they are coached to within an inch of their lives. Instead of taking the first option and playing on instinct they think to much and are caught in two minds.
Thought's?

Last edited:
The people in charge at the club have been quite open about being happy to make top 4 year after year without doing any damage in finals as it keeps the money rolling in.

Carter claims it's just a vocal minority of fans that are unhappy with the club's finals record.

Yet many people have been doing it tough this year. Job keeper and seeker is about to be cut and people aren't going to have the funds to put back into the club, especially if we still can't attend games next year. If the cats fail in finals again, do you think that the club might notice it where it hurts next year (their back pocket) and finally change things, or not?

We are fortunate to be in a position to play finals each year. We win lots of games but the recruiting over the last few years has been done to win these finals and we have failed. The coach deflect all he likes but he has been given every opportunity to succeed. Midfield biggest problem maybe time for a change of coaches around him.

Ben and Tom
If you were both on the match selectors, what would your ins and outs for the game?
I know Ben, one thing I'll strongly agree with you is where you will play Blitz ;) ....

Plus I know you guys are a fan of Higgins as he comes on the show, but surely we shouldn't go after him? His 33 for crying out loud, we need to start playing our youth as many of them will start walking out the club ( Constable and Narkle ) as they cant get a game as we are recruiting a 33 year old. In his prime no doubt he would be good, but our club needs to go in the direction of using our youth. Not blokes who are 30 plus.

Have you herd what the league is doing in list sizes and salary for the 2021 season?

Cheers FoxDog50

Last edited:
That was a frustrating experience but credit Port for outplaying us.
It seems that when we finnaly get out of our own way and play a decent first 1/2 structurally and selection wise ( in regards to not being blown out of the game) our abiltiy to take our chances completely disappears and we become a 2.7 scoring team missing several easy and gettable goals.

The fury expressed at the end of the game is only going to increase and rightfully so at the laclk of HA finishes vs the Finals successes.

Where, what or whom is the catalyst missing to push us further into the Finals? There is no simple or one dimensional answer IMO, its clearly a multitude of points. One of the most glaring is owning the moments and giving that last 3% like its your last thing play ever - but doing it all the time and having the composure and beleif to stand up and own it.

Joel Selwood for example is a player than does this more often than not, same with PFD. Guthrie, Miers, Menegola, Atkins, seem to flash but then not produce when its really needed.

Its not easy, but until we find it, I feel we will continue to be left wanting for ultimate Finals success again.

Go Catters

K rock Football To what extent does a coach impact the mental strength of his players? The ability to cope under pressure is such an intangible factor so it makes it difficult to judge a coach's role in that, but given the pattern of results for us in finals one has to raise the question. Although it would be absurd to suggest that the entire team choked, it's certainly true that *some* did, and individual players choking in finals has been an issue for years now for Geelong. I actually think our system held up okay on Friday but we just had a few individuals who couldn't handle the pressure (eg Kolodjashnij and Henry) or were unable to "own" the moment (eg Hawkins), which has been a recurring theme under Chris Scott's tenure. I find it hard to believe that we have just, through sheer coincidence, drafted a whole bunch of mentally weak players who can perform when the pressure is off but fail in big finals, so surely at least some of this is cultural and has more to do with nurture than nature? Is it possible for a coach to develop players poorly from a mental preparedness perspective?

G'day boys. Love the show.

What sort of handicap do you think Chris Scott's coaching is on the Cats? I'm feeling 2-3 goals and definitely enough for us to win the other night regardless of the poor kicking.
How can Chris Scott call criticism of his finals record as 'lazy'!? The only top 4 side we have beaten in finals since 2011 is Hawthorn with the Isaac Smith miss. Our other 3 finals wins have been 2013 SF vs Port (who finished 7th that year and we were down by 4 goals at HT), 2017 SF vs Sydney (who finished 6th and this was our only comprehensive win in this period), 2019 SF vs WCE (finished 5th and we were down by a goal at start of Q4). This is an alarming record.

And following on from my above point, keen to hear what your thoughts are on bringing in blokes like Shaun Higgins?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back