Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2021 - Kingy and Benny are back for KROCK Football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 9, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
While it’s
While I know you have the utmost respect for him, but I think you guys underestimate Selwood's place in the current team in finals. I think he's pretty clearly our best big game player even still. Which is a bit of a problem of course. Danger is our best player on capability, but he hasn't put together the finals performances that we'd hoped for yet since we got him to the club, not even close.

Agree on Hendo vs Taylor. Hendo had a good game v Port but Harry has to be the choice when it comes to dealing with finals pressure.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong

Bluntly honest guys well done ... rarely have i felt such synergy with you football professionals... One only has to listen and read between the lines ... and unless something changes there is going to be a very big ugly situation that the club will have to deal with at some stage in the future.. it sounds like so many are starting to feel disenfranchised as Geelong football followers... maybe its time to start to do of all Dogs game and see how the club sees that ... My bet the WBulldogs would be all over you guys and the chance to have a semi dedicated regualr radio broadcast etc..

AlcoaCat

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
West Perth Cardinals
Thanks for the excellent show today guys. I listened to it while I was out walking and was captivated. Loved your balanced takes on Chris Scott and your frankness about why he doesn't appear on the station. Seriously, that is flat out not good enough. As you said, it is the local broadcaster and actually financially supports the club (didn't know that). Just reinforces my view that Scotty has a very thin skin and really doesn't like to communicate, despite the Harvard residency and $5 words. With Scarlo and Enright also coaching -- both notoriously 'old school' men of few words -- it just can't be a very happy environment, especially for the Gen Z players.

I agree that we have compromised our team balance to our detriment this year. I worship Sel and Ablett, like all loyal GFC fans, but I would rather have them out against Coll. We need some pace and mongrel, so I'd insert the names you mention (Close at the top of the list). But as you said, ain't going to happen.

I am filled with hope, but I think we are going to get smashed. I can't forget that Scotty said after we bombed last year that 2020 was his real goal. Sorry, no confidence back then, even less now. But I will party like it's 2009 if by some miracle that this predictable and nervous game plan stands up.

Daicos really is something else.

Just a reminder - this is not a discussion thread.
It s a Question thread for the KROCK Podcast which they are still graciously doing.
If you have questions for Kingy and Benny then they go here.

There are plenty of threads for disucssion of these topics - just not here.

Go Catters

Flogwater

Senior List
Aug 30, 2020
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi Tom and Ben

Yesterday's show was outstanding. I appreciate you continuing to put the episodes together during a tough time.

My question is about the podcast itself. I started listening to the podcasts in early 2019 and the oldest episode that appears in the list on the podcast feed was from 2 November 2018. Did you release any podcast editions before November 2018 and, if so, how can one access them while complying with the AFL's harsh restrictions on content?

I will try and think of a Cats-specific question before the next show.

Keep up the great work.

Hi Tom and Ben

Yesterday's show was outstanding. I appreciate you continuing to put the episodes together during a tough time.

My question is about the podcast itself. I started listening to the podcasts in early 2019 and the oldest episode that appears in the list on the podcast feed was from 2 November 2018. Did you release any podcast editions before November 2018 and, if so, how can one access them while complying with the AFL's harsh restrictions on content?

I will try and think of a Cats-specific question before the next show.

Keep up the great work.

Search for “ the Geelong show” that was Benny and Hydro - that was in 2017. It’s a podcast also

Go Catters

Son_Of_God29

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Borussia Dortmund
For all those not in the Sam Simpson fan club i suggest you get on - for a guy in his 1st final though he was outstanding in the 1st half, very clean with his hands and made space where there wasn't any early on

The Son of Sean will play a lot of footy for the GFC in years to come

Want to congratulate the team for an outstanding turn around and fully removing the digits and getting the job done - and credit to Sam Simpson for coming in and not being overtaken by the pace of the game but putting his head right over it and being clean with is disposal and presence.

The question now: After making our 4th PP in 5 years ( And Joel Selwoods 10th PF ...WOW) can we win 2 more games?
We know our top 10 players will stand up for the most part - but can out bottom 6 players give us the best 2 games of their careers to see us though?

Can Simpson, Miers, Rohan, Kolo, Parfitt and Stanley give us another 2 games each like last Saturday night?

Great call and please let us see more of GAJ playing footy.

Go Catters

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
We have asked for many weeks why Atkins was in the team and was told to balance out our sides defensive mindset, with him being replaced by a kid and showing we needed someone to actually get the ball and him playing was a complete waste of time.
In my opinion it showed we missed a trick playing the likes of Fog, Narkle and even Close for a few more game

What are your thoughts on players like Krueger, Okunbor, Tarca?
Will they hold a spot on our list for 2021 and beyond? Are any of those players highly touted as AFL footballers?

Most importantly what players have you said can’t make it and have proven you wrong? I’ll stick my hand up and say I thought O’Connor and Simpson were no good and got that wrong

Lastly who is the luckiest player to be still on Geelong’s list

Last edited:

Flogwater

Senior List
Aug 30, 2020
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi Ben and Tom

It was pleasing to see Chris Scott and the team turn things around in impressive style on Saturday night.

As Ben has mentioned a few times lately, having the right mix of attack and defence in the 22 is vital.

Should Geelong recall Esava Ratugolea for the Lions game to provide another tall forward option? This should reduce the reliance on Hawkins and Ratugolea provides another option of giving Stanley a break in the ruck, especially late in quarters.

On the other hand, are you concerned that Ratugolea's inclusion might mean that the team is too tall and the elusive best mix of skill sets is missed?

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Hey Boys, no one likes "D" word ( Delist ) . Love the player or not, it's not a thing the club officials would like to tell any player... which players do you think that won't be at our club in 2021

I didn't hear the Scott presser earlier in the week, but you mentioned during the call that he said they were going to 'double-down' on the game plan we used in the Port Adelaide Final for the Collingwood game. As we seemed to play a completely different game plan against Collingwood, any inside word on when the decision was made to change the game plan? Also the faster game plan, I assume, was the reason a 2nd tall forward was not selected???

Pumpernickel

Team Captain
Aug 6, 2015
Ready to be grilled and smacked with beetroot dip.
AFL Club
Geelong
Gday boys, bloody loved last weeks podcast, favourite of the season. especially Benny giving the club a little
Honesty sandwich. Also loved Bena follow up pre game and the line of questions fired at Matty Knights.

Club clearly got some things right against Collingwood but if they’re hanging their hat on that win they will be absolutely slaughtered against Brisbane. Collingwood were clearly cooked but a fresh Brisbane on their home deck infront of a huge pro lions crowd will be a monumental task.
Ben, I think you are 100% right with your analysis on a couple of things. Blicavs is a back man, so play him there. Sav needs to play forward, chopping Stanley out occasionally. Miers needs to play closer to goal.
This game will NOT be walk in the park.
Hope I’m wrong but the fuzzy feeling of a great semi final win could make everyone feel a little comfortable this week. Could be a last chance for a number of players to get a flag.

Lastly, thanks to Gary Ablett for his contribution to our footy club. Love the man and wish him well for his future. Thanks for the memories Gaz, hope we get 1 more flag for ya champion.

MrCat10

Draftee
Oct 6, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
G'day Ben and Tom,

Great win by the boys on Saturday.....couldn't believe Kingy said the Cats couldn't win!

I feel the easy win against the Pies has disguised the fact that the backline is still too tall and slow and will potentially be found out either this week or next......what do you guys think? Clark definitely needs to come in for Henderson. Hendo is a bit of a liability in one-on-ones....

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
GDay guys .. Great win or bad loss.... how much geelong and how much Collingwood who traditionally have worried us .. who looked like they had run their race..?

Was the way we won sustainable ... 13 goals 3 behinds is probably a freak level of conversion. I think we may go a far while before we see Danger convert like that again.

Chris Scott .... Great coach ... or grate coach ?

Last edited:

NQflogg

Rookie
Oct 1, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Love your work guys, and well done the Cats on a great win.

Questions-
I am confident we have the Lion's covered on most lines, but the only concern is their small forwards plus they do have goal kicking mids. How do we deal with Charlie Cameron?

How much do you think Jeremy Cameron is worth per season?

Statement- if we loose Narkle to bring in Higgins I think we have lost the balance of the future verses the now.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
I am genuinely stoked! I can’t believe we’ve given ourselves the chance at another flag.

Question, once the game got started to see Charlie Cameron kick 2 goals early and to have Kolo start on him what were your thoughts?

An amazing result to keep Cameron to only 1 handball after half time and Scoreless for 3 quarters.

I hope it’s no change, but with Savs overhead marking, do you think he’s a massive chance to come in?
Going to be a tough task but I have faith we can do it if we play well.

GO YOU OLD BASTARDS!

Last edited:
WHAT A WIN!!!

Feels good to be on the right side of that one and I reckon its gonna feel even better on the right side of the next one!.

I guess my Ablett 13 year recurring Prelim Final omen was a good one LOL..95, 07, 20.... !!

The bottom 6 is touted as the difference makers in the Finals, as often the Elite superstars efforts cancel each other out but the bottom 6 who stand up the most can make the difference.

After last night, Sam Simpson has moved out of the bottom 6. Been a longtime fan but he's lifting his ceiling.
How high can he go given he's still young and can he cement his place in the forward line or do you see him best suited inside with those slick ball skills and ankle breaking side steps?

A great win... a great week to come on KROCK FOOTBALL!!

Pumped for this now - so good for GAJ, PFD, Sel, HT, Hendo.. Merrick... so many good stories.

Go Catters

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Guys has the hub actually given geelong a chance to bond in a way it might not have happened if they had stayed in a normal mode... all the players on the boundary last night at the end of the game looked such a great sight and a melded group?

Does Geelong have to win the GF for CS to get credit this year?

I have not been a CS advocate , his dour style game style at times did little for me .. but , considering what all have been thru and the damage and strain on all clubs and staff (north Melb eg.) .. getting to a GF this year ..with all the disadvantages .. very little home games , no home finals ... is an extraordinary plus for Geelong and outstanding performance for him. Lets hope that the last game is a positive as welll... no matter what the score is at the end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back