Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2021 - Kingy and Benny are back for KROCK Football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NQflogg

Rookie
Oct 1, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Good luck with the call Saturday boys, go Cats!

Hawkins ruck work in the forward 50 is a wepon and is making Stanley's job alot easier, I did notice that Blitz was one kick defensive side of the ball alot and I think that's were he needs to play. He can fill the gap of the leading Richmond forwards and has the wheels to run forward and help out.

loving the footage of the Cats in the tunnel before running out, it shows insight into their mental attitude and it's no coincidence they have started well the last few games. Richmond will bring it for 4 quarters but I feel something is lacking with them. No better time to strike.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Catterzzzzz07

Rookie
Aug 29, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi all,

We hope you enjoyed our post-prelim Podcast.

We are going again - probably Thursday afternoon. Feel free to fire in your questions by 2pm Thursday.

Cheers

Kingy
Hey guys
Good luck for the call and to the mighty cats on Saturday night.....
In previous years the cats have been criticised that the bottom 6-12 players have been the cats problem for many years.... however I feel this is the most balanced side that we have put out on the park for 5 or so years... what do you guys think???? Obviously Saturday night will answer this for all of us

Not our main focus this week, but has to be mentioned - Jeremy Cameron. With possible reduced list next season - winners and losers on our list if he does make it to the club.

CoolCat75

Team Captain
Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Re Jeremy Cameron. Is it better we:

Pay him inline with out pay structures of around $800K per year, which GWS might match and we give up 2 first round draft picks

OR

Pay him $1.1 million per year, thus preventing a match and saving those draft picks.

Gents
1 - First of all, on behalf of Big Footy and the GFC posters, we'd like to thank you both for your continued efforts in the face of uncertainty and increased difficulty for not only bringing us the regular GFC updates thru KROCK Football but also keeping the Cat Attack Podcast going and allowing us to interact with you. We are the only Club board with regular Podcast and media interactions and are extremely grateful for the regular use of Ointment, Spasm, being introduced to exploding Rooster Arse sand being as safe as a knittted condom ( Hi Wendy)

Who gets Dusty? Can Kolo and Guthrie dust off the gloves and keep Dusty to 20 touches and a goal - (IMO thats a win)
How good was it to see Guthrie post PF win - Dont tell me these players dont feel the pressure of the last few years. Luved seeing that passion and relief.
Can Selwood of GAJ get a Norm Smith either in Sel's 200th as Captain or GAJ in 357?

Thanks again and have a great call on the weekend. Strap on the helmets its gonna be a monster!

GO Catters

Hey Daz, did they say in that podcast there going to do a episode later this week?
I would expect a post GF edition as Kingy eluded to in the GF edition.

Go Catters

Hi all,

As we pick ourselves off and dust ourselves off from last week, just letting you know we'll be recording our final edition of the year at 8:45am (AEDT) on Friday.

regards

Kingy
Thanks for a great season. A sad finish to a tough year for everyone but both on KROCK football and on the podcast, I thank you all for the hard work in making it all possible.
Credit to GAJ for playing thru a fractured shoulder. Really gutsy for someone that has been more an intensely skilled player rather than a tough one.
Credit to the Tigers for the honour guard with no Medals showing - classy.
Time for a few changes. HT and Gaz to retire and DAhl not guaranteed a spot in the 22 right now.

My question - which 3 on the list (not counting Jeremy Cameron right now) not in best 22 need to come in and get games from Rd1 2021. I have Cooper Stevens, Sav Rat and Jordan Clark.

All the best and as always
Go Catters

Ps - May the Raiders and Bengals bring you NFL happiness as my Broncos sure wont. :(

PPS -Can we get a season ending ointment, spasm and strap on your helmets on the way out!!

Last edited:

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Hey Boys, Thanks for another great year, I like how you say the views with out having a soft approach, in the way that where the Geelong Offical Podcast talks but doesn't want upset people( don't worry i still like the offical Geelong Cats Podcast..

Now, Iv got a statement that will go into a question...
I honestly don't understand, on why we would want to go after a 32/33 year old Shaun Higgins ... We are not the youngest list going around, he might be a great person as you guys know him as his a regular on K Rock. AND NOW REPORTS A 32 YEAR OLD ISSAC SMITH......
BUT there comes a point when we have to back in our young players, as if i was a younger player, I would be questioning why should i continue here at Geelong if they keep recruiting 30 year olds if there not going to trust in the younger players ( eg Narkle, Constable, Clark, Close etc....) but i was happy in bringing in Ablett Jnr as he was 1 in a million player that he brought people threw the gate , which equals money in merchandise back to the club..

BUT then for the next question, where im contradicting myself to the first question in a way!

Do young players that get drafted these days expect too much? As guys like Clarke and Constable and players like Hartley and Caldwell from GWS, who are questioning there future here as there not getting regular game time. Where back in the days in the early 2000s who played in our 2007-2011 flags did the crime for regular years in the VFL???

Question on Selwood.... Love him in all parts of him and his what Geelong are..
BUT... Is there any other position we could play him instead of the midfield? And I dont mean wing.
Could we develop him into a small defender?
The reason I ask this is, I just want to see when it comes to the last couple years of his career what we can do..

Cheers FoxDog50..

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Considering Richmond dismissed Geelong yet again ... its obvious we are unable to perform and efficiently convert against their game plan. One has to conclude Geelong was very lucky to make it to the Grand Final. If Richmond had been beaten by Brisbane the first week ..we would have lost in the Preliminary Final like in previous years.

Is this as good as it can get in this Dangerflag era ..close but no cigar ... or can we add enough "mature" type players to make us a legitimate threat? Can adding Cameron, Higgins and perhaps Smith give us some teeth in big games against Richmond

2d5d6687ea4d9366af70714d594a836b.jpg

Last edited:

NQflogg

Rookie
Oct 1, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
G'day boys,

Well I will ask the question...... Dangerfield at full forward in the 3rd quarter while Richmond were winning the ball and the game in the middle. I just dont understand it, Your thoughts please.

If big Sav was to stay could he play as a tall defender? Easier position to play for someone that isn't a natural footballer.

In my opinion we need more leg speed and are too nice a team from top to bottom, need mongrels like Mooney, Scarlet, Chappy ect.

Anyway good year fellas, go Cats 2021.

Last edited:

catters_28

Club Legend
May 8, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Getting away from the grand final for a minute, why on earth did we bother recruiting Josh Jenkins? Didn't he only play one game ?

goyoucatters

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 31, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Stockport County, Chicago Cubs
Thanks, Kingy and Ben. It's been great to have your poddy to check in with throughout the season. And thanks particularly for taking the time in your latest edition to acknowledge the club got plenty right this year. It's easy to pick away at yet another 'failure', and we are all clearly incredibly disappointed that we couldn't get it done on the biggest stage. But the fundamentals of how we went this year were actually very impressive, and I'm glad you could attest to this as well.

Look forward to hearing from you both again around draft time...

2021 Cat Attack Podcast
dazbroncos

Daz...I see this is Kingy and Benny's first podcast for 2021....maybe close the 2020 thread, and start a new 2021 thread for the boys now their up and running for this season??

Bc of the low traffic ive just updated for the current season... but will do !

GO Catters

2021 Cat Attack Podcast
Jan 4, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong VFL & VFLW, Geelong Falcons
Hi everyone and welcome to the 2021 season.

Benny and I will be recording at 2:30pm (AEDT - that's 8:30pm, Wednesday, dazbroncos) Thursday, March 18

Feel free to fire in your questions.

Kingy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back