Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2021 - Kingy and Benny are back for KROCK Football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone and welcome to the 2021 season.

Benny and I will be recording at 2:30pm (AEDT - that's 8:30pm, Wednesday, dazbroncos) Thursday, March 18

Feel free to fire in your questions.

Kingy
Aaaaaand we're on!

What did you think of young Mr Bartels comments in saying that this is Geelong's last year to compete? Is he, as a senior official of a club whose player we recently took from him, trying to heap pressure on to get the cats to implode? Is this going to make club events for the 2011 flag 10y anniversary super awkward?

What's the one thing that makes you nervous about this year, and why is it the length of games on older bodies?

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi everyone and welcome to the 2021 season.

Benny and I will be recording at 2:30pm (AEDT - that's 8:30pm, Wednesday, dazbroncos) Thursday, March 18

Feel free to fire in your questions.

Kingy

The Grand Final loss to me seems to have had a lighter impact compared to if the had lost a MCG game in front of a full house. Do you think the players within the club will be more likely to be motivated..or mentally scared after that loss. ... some players seem to have got off light for their output in that game compared to other players in losses.

I seem to remember Bill Brownless coping heaps for GF performance ... in 92 I think.... but he kicked 3 in 92, and 4 in 94... compared to TH stats ..look pretty good.

Welcome back fellas.

Did my best to shamelessly plug K rock Football with the blatant KROCK Grammy cross promotion. Hope Andy liked that one lol

Thanks for once again linking BigFooty to the Cat Attack Podcast and here's to another great year.

With the list changes this year adding Cameron, Higgins and Smith - whom do you feel will actually be the most crucial to our success?
Will it be the aforementioned 3, or is the key to our success in 21 the breakout of players like Pariftt, Simpson, Atkins, Clark and say Stevens cracking into the 22?

IMO its getting more from the under 24 group that can push us higher than getting what is expected from JC, Higgins and Smith.

GO Catters

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
We have 3 new faces coming in as mature age and Clark looking likely to be a regular and a lot of hype on Evans.
Who do you thinks spot is most vulnerable?
Would love to hear your thoughts on the backline and if anyone may be pushed out.
In my opinion Dahlhaus and Touhy are 2 vulnerable players, given Touhy is in the leadership group he probably stays.

Jenkins or Sav? What do you blokes think?
I just can’t seem to get a gauge on Sav and to me he’s in a similar trajectory to Tim Obrien from the hawks, which isn’t very impressive

I personally want to see even one game with Stanley and Jenkins both playing

Last edited:

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Welcome back boys....
It might be a new year, but the same question comes up every year.....
Ruck
Personally I am happy how Stanley has played the last 24 months when his on the park.

But the 2nd Ruck is the question...
As I cant see Stanley play a full game as our solo ruckman.
Can we still play Blitz as the 2nd ruck while he plays Key Defender, and when he goes into Ruck, our defenders can shuffle around to take cover for him..

Or can we play Jenkins ( as Esava injured ) as the 2nd Ruck, while rotates bench/forward.
Then does that make us to tall?

Cheers FoxDog50

March 17 edition has dropped.

Luv that it took all of 9:54 sec for Kingy to serve Benny the first "you idiot" of 2021!

Great episode and welcome back fellas.

Challenge accepted...get Daz home in 21!

GO Catters

Do we just ask the questions now or wait for the boys to say fire away?
best to wait for Kingy to post here as it gives him an easy reference point to look for questions from.

He'll be back here shortly no doubt.

GO Catters

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
I have had my questions skipped for this reason.

Just giving me extra time to think of more incendiary wording
Lol thats the thing... the way I ask questions is like a kid from the bush just speaks like pub talk... in very simple bogan way haha, where most others are more in depth in words I never heard before :p

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Hey Boys, iv got a statement in a way, but does go in a question in a way

A bloke like Constable that can find the ball with ease and actually can win clearances, and his young in relevance of games played, does my head in he doesn't get the games he deserves..
While our core starting midfield are all over 30s in Dangerfield & Selwood and Duncan.
People say his weakness he doesn't push back and help his team etc. But every single player does have a weakness. Every player.......

Look im just personally am a fan of him, but that's just me... I wish he was playing more then he has...

OK - giving you all the best part of 48 hours before we record at 2:30pm on Thursday.

Give us your best.
Hey guys, took me a full day after the footy to keep food down after watching us in the flesh last Saturday. Wife reckons it was the beers but I was totally sickened by the near complete lack of running to create or defend. If you were the captain how hard would you clip the first player to make the excuse that they thought it would be easy?

Max Holmes did enough in the vfl scratch to earn a clip on the gram showing his goal from the left pocket and cheese says he was best on by a margin. He apparently played inside mid most of the match. If they're grooming his as a stoppage player with a burst of speed then does he need to drink a pallet of protein shake before getting a jumper or is club media on the money saying he's in the mix?

Josh Jenkins. We ostensibly have him as a place holder in the structure to set it for when we bring in Cameron. Without Cameron in though are we just opening up attacks which are more likely to turn into rebounds against us? Should we instead be playing Hawkins Island until we have the tools?

Is Cooper Stephens a Kamikaze inviting disaster or just really unlucky?

Brisbane took 3x 2m forwards to the Gabba last week. Playing too many talls at Kardinia is generally a bad idea where we can have players sag off and intercept aka the Jack Henry special. Do we need to go taller down back to make life hard for them? If we're going taller is it Atkins or Bews that makes way?

Cheers guys

Great call last week on what was at best a spasmodic and insipid effort by us.
I get the shortened season turnaround, but being beaten by work rate, intent, and game style was not good enough.

Bigger picture, do you see the slower and more defensive skill based possession style being able to be maintained in this rule environment vs the almost 90's style Blighty ethos of just score more than the other bloke?

Hope this weeks the cobwebs and arrogance are gone... and its all about getting it first and then using it well.

GO Catters

NQflogg

Rookie
Oct 1, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Welcome back boys, great to have footy back.
Well....we have had one game and Blitz has played in three different positions all ready, it looks like that will continue in 2021. Should the coach send a early wake up call and make a couple of changes? I would drop Miers solely for kicking in the back line, one of the worst things I have seen in AFL football, if we have one thing this year its plenty of depth. Is Chris Scott so stubborn that he cant change the way the team has played the last few years? The warning signs were there even against the Bombers in the practice match.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
First game of the year , had months to prepare and...

Geelong looked like a team that knew it had more talent on the field and expected to win that way ...

Blitz being dragged into the ruck , while a FF kicks multiple goals against a less player.

and our midfeild got their pants pulled down by a group of effort based players

..this now leaves us 4 points down against the rest of the comp losing to a side that may finish bottom

so can someone explain to me why the other coaches say Chris Scott is the hardest to coach against?

GailTheSnail

Draftee
Mar 25, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
G'day boys. Long time, first time. Love the podcast.

With Dangerfield out for three weeks, do you think Geelong would/should use this opportunity to throw Charlie Constable the keys to the midfield, and give him three games playing inside where he's best suited?

How do you see Zac Guthrie's future at the club? They give him plenty of opportunities, but he struggles to find the ball at AFL level. It's crazy to me that he'd be selected over Tuohy or Henry.

Cheers boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back