Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2021 - Kingy and Benny are back for KROCK Football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great work again.... and yes.. if it wasnt for sponsor commitments, I doubt id have wanted to front for it either after that effort in Rd1.

But thanks you did.

GO Catters

Hi all,

Don't paint a picture, just bank the four points.

You've got questions - we might have the answers.

Back recording from 2:30pm Thursday.

Kingy
I've done quite enough talking about the Lions match so I'll change the subject before I have an aneurysm.

Early days yet but it appears the Dons and Giants 2nds could be early if last weekend is anything to go by. Casting your keen eyes over our list in regards to who won't be there in the coming years, what are the main attributes you see us needing to target with these picks? Eg pace off the mark, endurance running, foot skills, decision making, leadership or something else?

Given the pace of the game, having Blitz as a ruck seems to be the gift that keeps on giving. To keep it giving who do we need to tap for a kpd role from the 2s to cover?

Charlie Constable evidently cannot run out more than half a game but does great work while he's keeping up. Does this make him a super sub option or do we need to be looking at someone with more pace to really take advantage of the sub fully.

Rohan out, Cameron we want to be careful with, no Sav. Is this the debut Jarvis should have had the first time around rather casting him as the sacrificial lamb?

Charlie Constable evidently cannot run out more than half a game
Guys...this is a hot topic on this board. Charlie's TOG%. What is the story? No endurance, or coaches are keeping him on the bench? Good first half against Brisbane, but hardly sighted in 2nd half. Have any of the coaches been asked why his TOG% always seems to be low?

Hi all,

Don't paint a picture, just bank the four points.

You've got questions - we might have the answers.

Back recording from 2:30pm Thursday.

Kingy
One more - MOC the elite tagger. Does he go back to defence if there us no one specific to tag? I liked him around the ball and would welcome him staying there. Against Hawks for example, would you tell him to run with Mitchell, run off him, or run to the back flank?

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Just one question this week from me.

Have you ever seen a footballer kick the ball on the full more often than Jed Bews.
You boys might have access to stats that we don’t.

Just one question this week from me.

Have you ever seen a footballer kick the ball on the full more often than Jed Bews.
You boys might have access to stats that we don’t.

Haha...I always wait for Jed's "on the full" moment because after that, he's usually pretty good.

His improvement over the last year or two has been significant. Solid player these days.

Howla41

Debutant
Apr 28, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
Loved mark the shark’s tagging job. Do you think the coaching staff will stick with this?
Very lucky to get the points but take the win and move on. Hoping brad close or old ‘*’ narkle gets a run this week

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Great call on the weekend and now onto the traditional slug fest with the Hawks.

But first -

CS has been given many a monicker and meme over the time as Coach.
One of the points has been that he's been a bit ambivalent and distant from the playing group overall allowing the line and assistant coaches to be the points of contact.

What are your thoughts on the way he went about the interaction with the Lions players?

I liked it myself and showed that he'll stick up for the group and thought that, with the "Shark bite " applied to Neale.. showed some different sides of CS this week.

Great call on the weekend and now onto the traditional slug fest with the Hawks.

ps - lets see if Benny can make it 12 mins and break the record for " Benny ... you idiot" from Kingy :p:p:p:p

Go Catters

Last edited:

But first -

CS has been given many a monicker and meme over the time as Coach.
One of the points has been that he's been a bit ambivalent and distant from the playing group overall allowing the line and assistant coaches to be the points of contact.

What are your thoughts on the way he went about the interaction with the Lions players?

I liked it myself and showed that he'll stick up for the group and thought that, with the "Shark bite " applied to Neale.. showed some different sides of CS this week.

ps - lets see if Benny can make it 12 mins and break the record for " Benny ... you idiot" from Kingy :p:p:p:p

Go Catters
SHARK BITE!!
Love it

Great call - I saw a stat the Cats Hawks games for results under a goal

Best RIVALRY in footy - These games are just something else.

Its easy to second guess and pull the Monday morning QB routine -

Would we have been better served by playing a true second tall marking option like a Kruger type.

We trained all summer with Cameron and Hawkins as the targets and now with JC and Rohan out, Tomma is the only focal point and the Hawks gave him no space and 3 men across as a result. Would we be better served this week bringing in a taller forward option (NOT JENKINS) that could offer something different.

And im not sure what version of the Hogwarts Vanishing Cabinet Lukey Dahlhaus is using but he needs to stop. Its doing far too much of a good job and he needs to be seen again or its the Magoos for him IMO.

Go Catters

Would we have been better served by playing a true second tall marking option like a Kruger type.

We trained all summer with Cameron and Hawkins as the targets and now with JC and Rohan out, Tomma is the only focal point and the Hawks gave him no space and 3 men across as a result. Would we be better served this week bringing in a taller forward option (NOT JENKINS) that could offer something different.

And im not sure what version of the Hogwarts Vanishing Cabinet Lukey Dahlhaus is using but he needs to stop. Its doing far too much of a good job and he needs to be seen again or its the Magoos for him IMO.

Go Catters

Bloke needs a polyjuice potion to turn himself into himself from 2016

NQflogg

Rookie
Oct 1, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
G'day fellas,
A couple of statements and a couple of questions from me.

I counted 7 players on the team with some kind of hair bands, thats to many.

That was the most frustrating win I have seen in a long time, they play a style that slows the game down keep the scores low, Are Geelong the new Fremantle/Sydney from 6 years ago?

I see two things happening....
1. Other coaches will try and get more defensive later in the year. (Unlikely)
2. Teams will perfect the faster play on style as the year goes on and Geelong with get absolutely blown off the park come finals time. (Likely)

Honorable mentions to Mark O'Connor and Jack Henry, looked good in positions they are not accustomed to, hopefully C.Scott sticks with Mark the shark as a tagger.
Thanks.

Mr_Cat_Man01

Rookie
Aug 22, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Hey Kingy and Cas,

We are playing patchy at best and still winning. It looks as though the coaches are tinkering around with the game plan. First q v hawks we played quickish then gradually got slower as the game wore on. Is our style by design ?Surely another tall or Henry starts forward this week to help Tommy ?

Cheers

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)

Go Catters

Can I x 2 this question? But with Jenkins in the side 😎

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Hey Boys.

A wise old farmer told me once " if you throw enough mud on a wall, it's going to stick to the wall one day"
Is the same to Luke Dahlhaus form? The one big question of Chris Scott compare to a Luke Bevridge, his got the balls to drop players regardless if his a regular senior player...
I can remember Steven Motlop in his last year at Geelong his form was worst than a 50 year old bloke who was filling in for the 2s at Dimboola...

Also Looking back at it... I would rather play Jack Henry forward line over Gary Rohan in his spot... as I'd be having a punt in saying this. But I think Jack Henry would be more consistent than Gary Rohan, might be worth another try at it...

Last edited:
Hey boys,

Melbourne up next and they have 2 of the best kpds getting around in May and Lever. Gawn also finds his way back there and gets involved in nullifying aerial threats. With one decent kpf available in Hawkins are we better off acknowledging that we are not winning the marking battle and try to get dirty ground ball entries for Miers, Close, Dahlhaus? Or can we work it out between Hawk, Stanley, Henry?

Cheers!

Howla41

Debutant
Apr 28, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
The weekend showed us we cannot have hawkins alone as marking option inside 50. I’d like to see Freddy Krueger picked this week as a second option until Cameron is right. Luke daulhaus is on very thin ice, liked the debut of Sherlock/Jonny Holmes. Here’s hoping we only played a slow game style due to evans and Higgins injuries, and that we will revert to attack more this week. Fair dinkum, if Jesus rose from the dead on Easter Sunday, fair chance he went back into the cave after watching Easter Monday. Go cats!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And just because you can never have enough of a great moment...

Play it boys... you know you want to...

GO Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back