Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2021 - Kingy and Benny are back for KROCK Football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Kingy and Benny,
We lost the game at ground level they were just harder at it when the ball hit the turf, as mentioned previously our kicking was atrocious as well.
Maybe time to give Fort a go in the ruck and I would bring in Sam Simpson for Miers he is a good user of the ball.
Cheers boys..

Hey Lads....

I know this is not a Geelong matter, but can you tell me how Bailey Bitch...er...Fritch was exonerated at the AFL for his forearm strike to the head of young Powell on the weekend. Not only was it high, but also had the potential to seriously injuring the boy...
and perhaps discuss McCartins penalty for his king hit on Black which seemed a bit light to me..surely 8 weeks was more appropriate given the League's attention to protecting the head of players.

Fitch's escape from any penalty is a disgrace in my opinion.

Why is Mitch Duncan so criminally underrated in the wider footballing world

I don't think it's a coincidence that out shift in playstyle since the first couple of rounds coincided with him coming back into the side.

Any love for Hendo yet, Benny? I understand that we all have players who we don't believe are all that critical to our fortunes. But I think he has been nothing short of fantastic for us since making his way back into the senior team last year. And I can't see that he's dropped off at all heading into this season, either.

What more would you like to see him do before you would accept he's worth his spot in the side?

Any love for Hendo yet, Benny? I understand that we all have players who we don't believe are all that critical to our fortunes. But I think he has been nothing short of fantastic for us since making his way back into the senior team last year. And I can't see that he's dropped off at all heading into this season, either.

What more would you like to see him do before you would accept he's worth his spot in the side?

The real question is..."Is Benny the David King of K-Rock?"

I agree with you 100% Henderson has been great for us.. As much as he loves Kolo, I do think his form hasn't been above par on his normal grade... been a bit weaker then his previous years... please don't hate me Benny :huh:

As I drove home thru Warrnambool last Thursday I kept an eye out for a fully disclothed Ben after gold medals won the grand annual but must have missed him

Great win by the cats, hate to be the negative person but I’m unsure we can play that way again v tigers. A few times lynch burnt hendo on the lead but dropped a simple mark. Would probably prefer Kolodjashnij for that match up. However great to win and have that belief we can beat them again.
Thought esava provided a physical contest in the ruck, but his kicking for goal is not a pretty sight

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yep, one of the most consistent players over the last year. Take him out of the backline and we are looking thin down there, who has he proposed to put in?

Last edited:
Hey K rock Football ... are you back to normal in doing the Cat attack Podcast?
I cant speak fo them but they did refer to the podcast having "general soreness" last week and should be back this week. Im sure the Frank Costa memorial made it hard scheduling last week.

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Guys, if I was having a punt before you read this question, I think you will be discussing the question what im about to ask you...

This rucking situation what is happening.. it even made me start up a thread on the Geelong BigFooty page as it's doing my head in

At his best Stanley is our best ruck, but you have to reward players when playing well eg Fort, and than if Stanley not performing you have to drop him...

I love Geelong, I really do.. but I'm not a fan of this rucking situation in Blitz and Esava.. as Esava only had 4 hitouts which is basically just a back up ruck. Which Blits needs to play in defence as our no 1 kDF..
It's a major concern atm with the ruck, in not backing a genuine ruckman in either Stanley or Fort. Yes we won both games with them but Marshall going down with injury might of saved us, but come Finals it won't work

Gents -
Great call both on the Tigers and Saints game. Very different games - both got us the 4 points but you had to work much harder to make the Saints game sound interesting.

Has Benny's nether regions settled or are you till breaking glass to survive?!? Probably should not have laughed as hard as I did but something about fart jokes and circumstances you just never grow out of... especially when its not happening to someone else!

We all know that Sav is a CS favourite and a certainly gets our blood flowing when he's taking big marks or working hard at ground level and he does both very well.

However, in the kicking game he needs work. On the short passes to team mates he has issues and goal kicking is a big one for him.

Who is the goal kicking or technique coach at the club and can we get him some OT as he's got some work to do there!

Cam Guthrie - a revelation again this year and in the James Kelly / Joel Corey mold of not being flashy but being reliable and doing the hard work for the benefit of the team - and the comparison should reveal the esteem with which his work his held currently.
However - can we lose the 1-2 games with Zac. Trying to get his bro a kick cost us a goal against the Saints late and its not the first time.
The Guthrie to Zuthrie show needs to stop and please just take the best option ( and I blame more Cam to Zac than Zac to Cam in this)

Thank God for a day game too - these back to back nights are brutal for me and getting older makes it harder to rebound each week.

GO Catters

Hi gents

can you name a better combo in the league than Duncan to Hawkins inside 50? im sure it happens more than any other duo in the comp

Going by Mr Scotts last few press conferences, Has he started having a green breakfast? Little bit of Bob Marley gear to start his day.
He’s the most chill I’ve seen him in his coaching career. Would be fascinated to ask any senior players if there has been any noticeable attitude adjustments during the week.
I remember him giving Hawthorn absolutely nothing publicly during their period of dominance. He’s spoke glowingly of Richmond after the win, was complimentary of Sydney and StKilda after each of those matches as well.
I like it, he comes off less smug and more human. Here’s hoping he continues with this as this new Mr Scott is breath of Smokey fresh air.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beaten in the ruck last week but I’d like to persist with ratagolea. Suns average height is jockey type areas so this game could bring a big confidence boost for the big Fijian.

However concerns remain with the defence when blitz is dragged away from d50. Saints big forwards dominated the air like the US Air Force across Europe 1945 style, we were just lucky they couldn’t kick straight. Henderson has been superb but he cannot take a big forward.

Also putting in my application
For the brad close games club. He’s must sanitIse a lot cos he’s got clean hands

Is Blicavs really our best defender? I am not so sure, this year he has looked out of place when down there. I guess that is a symptom of not playing down there very often. I think we remember the good parts of Blicz down back and not the ordinary.

Is Blicavs really our best defender? I am not so sure, this year he has looked out of place when down there. I guess that is a symptom of not playing down there very often. I think we remember the good parts of Blicz down back and not the ordinary.

That season he had a run at it he had some crazy low number of goals kicked on him by opposition kpfs so he has capability defensively. I think though in those years he wasn't being asked to be the kick out of defense and when he has been back thus year it's his attempts to set up attacking play that have been a bit average. I'm OK with that

That season he had a run at it he had some crazy low number of goals kicked on him by opposition kpfs so he has capability defensively. I think though in those years he wasn't being asked to be the kick out of defense and when he has been back thus year it's his attempts to set up attacking play that have been a bit average. I'm OK with that

Agree with that, also team defence was easier and peeling off was much more prevalent back then, more one on ones these days, they need to make a call, maybe they already have.

Hey guys, stop me when I'm wrong about our current strategy:

1. At the ball up we play Sav in the ruck. Just tries to neutralise the tap and charge at the ball to either get the stoppage or the clearance

2. Having Sav in the ruck means Blitz adding height down back while we're 6-6-6 constrained for numbers.

3. As soon as we can after the centre bounce we send two players back to create an outnumber in the backline and Blitz chases the stoppage

4. Sav slides forward to act as a marking target on the 50m line to try draw defenders out of position away from other targets or if they show him no respect then take a mark and have a ping / give off

5. Once the ball is inside 50 both Sav and Blitz space out and zone off a bit around half forward to either intercept kicks out or push them wide to the boundary.

So questions, because I'm interstate I haven't actually been able to confirm if this is the strategy.

Does this seem to be what they're going for?

Who has been dropping back for Blitz? If it's two doing back where are we expecting to beat an outnumber?

Why is Sav actually deep forward at times? He has seemed an obstacle more than a help. Is this just a function of ground dimensions?

Have I spent way too much time thinking about this problem?

Once again we got the win despite not producing our best work. Thank god for Joel Selwood. We will miss him when the 14 in finally hung up. Really impressed with narkle’s game, he’s started well but faded in games this year, but lifted when we needed it. Big ask this week for big sav and blitz v Grundy, but I feel the big number 17 is building and reg Grundy will be a good test. Once again the kicking inside 50 was at below average levels.

I understand the jump from vfl to AFL is big but Darcy fort can’t do much more to put his case forward. Marks, hitouts, disposals. Only thing left to do is perhaps get the Schwarzkopf shampoo and conditioner and give the coach a nice relaxing hair treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back