Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2024 - Kingy and Benny are back in 24 for K ROCK Football.

Sounds like an incidental character from a 70's British sit-com.

Still, well done, Daz. In an environment where some of us here are fed up with the #12's surname being spelt incorrectly, you gave both of his given names a hammering instead. Deliberate or otherwise, it's a work of surreptitious genius.
yup .. guilty as charged....

16hrs a day 7 days a week right now... i should just not posted lol

GO Catters

goyoucatters

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 31, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Stockport County, Chicago Cubs
yup .. guilty as charged....

16hrs a day 7 days a week right now... i should just not posted lol

GO Catters
No way, Daz. Love it. From here on, Cooper will always be 'Bobby' to me.

In honour of those members of the humble British constabulary with whom he shares his name.

:cool:

Recording 4:30pm Thursday.

What do you want to know?
I'd like to know how to win friends and influence games like a subbed in Dahlhaus

No tall defenders in the wings. Is there any reason to you knowledge that we didn't take Schlensog back?

Writing before the team drops but is this the most annoying situation to try and make changes to the line up. 3 quarters played with clear deficiencies and 1 quarter of brilliance which keeps everyone in the team.

Have we brought Henry back from injury too early and does he need to be rested and if so should we plonk Stevens there for a debut?

Howla41

Debutant
Apr 28, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
Recording 4:30pm Thursday.

What do you want to know?

Good comeback win but questions remain over the midfield. Beaten comfortably on contested possesions. 2 weeks in a row a side has got on a big run and kicked multiple goals whilst we appear helpless. Does our midfield run ‘1 way?’
Liked the efforts of younger players in final qtr. Holmes best qtr for the club, kicking has improved. SDG, stengle became involved after quiet games which was good. Stengle in particular lowered his eyes to hit targets. Think we looked more dangerous with a smaller side when ratagolea went off injured. Would love to get a look at cooper Stephens this week after 25 touches in the scooby doos saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What do i want to know...

How long is a piece of string?
Why cant we get an unedited version of the Podcast?
What does Benny eat to clear a booth in 2 secs lol?!?!
Can Benny work ointment, effervescent and linguistics into the same player description?
How good will Russell Wilson be with the Broncos this year!!!

Massive turnaround in the last 1/4.. shows we can get a roll on when needed but the best part was the kids that stood up.. Close, SDK, Holmes were all instrumental when the whips were cracking.

How many more kids can we get in and where is the tipping point of experience and guile vs youth and enthusiasm.
Id suggest that getting Cooper Stephens in for Higgins and maybe swap Neale for Sav if he's hurt is about the limit.

How many more are on your list?

GO Cattes

Last edited:

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Gentlemen....
Surely Shanon Neale gets his chance to play...
Wouldn't you rest Esava if he has slightly hurt himself as we could get very short in the big man sector..
Neale might not be braking any records in the VFL, but it is definitely worth a try, as you only have to do is get more than 4 disposals a game and 5 hit outs and your doing better than another guy...
Am I been facetious about that :rolleyes:
Cheers FoxDog50

Howla41

Debutant
Apr 28, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi all,

We've locked in a 12:30pm Thursday recording for those who have questions and queries.

Cheers

Kingy

Good win considering big out of stewart late, and the skipper. I think the 1 ruck strategy works well, but I’d make it a horses for courses policy. Games where the opposition runs 1 ruck we should do the same. This does not bode well for esava but 6 weeks in the vfl in a specific role could do him good. Also since he’s been out we’ve structured and functioned better
Really excited by the form of Gary Dempsey, and Shannon Neale is certainly saying ‘what about me’ with 4 goals. Cooper Stephens keeps putting his name in front of selectors, surely the round 6 north melb fixture he gets a chance?

GoCats!!

Draftee
Apr 12, 2022
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi all,

We've locked in a 12:30pm Thursday recording for those who have questions and queries.

Cheers

Kingy
Great win on Friday night.

Seems like every week Sav is the predominant topic discussed on the pod, but have either of you seen or heard of Sav dominating VFL games? Having not watched much VFL, I feel like he has been picked purely based on potential. Would love to see him go back and have 2-3 dominant games, à la Tom Hawkins style in 07-09, before being considered again.

Hi all,

Cheers

Kingy
My first question our query is what is the difference between a question or a query?

Rotating players out for a rest: 4 changes to the side from last week. Zero debuts. When do we start a sit in protest on Cooper Stephens behalf?

Is Stanley/Blitz far and away the best ruck combo we have? Have we known this since 2020? If so why haven't we sought out a kpd to get Blitz back onto the wing?

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Hey Boys,
Have to say, I finally got the old "Beijing Bark", so been at home the past 5 days, been searching and listing to other Cats Podcast , this is the best one hands down.
Sam Simpson.... Any inside word on how bad his concussion injury is?

Yes we could be 7 odd weeks away, but this years MID season years draft... if you were going to pick a player tor position o bring in. Who or what position would it be?

Cheers FoxDog50

Last edited:
Good win Friday night -

Wont ask about the 145 time slots coming up - seems a touchy subject for some - I get what you were talking about Kingy - made sense to me.
Neale kicked 4 on the weekend - Dempsey is flashing hard in the VFL...

Nick Stevens does not seem to get the flashy notice but IMO might be the dark horse of the VFL squad.

Whom of the VFL brigade do you have as your next up and your dark horse?

Benny would luv a good dark horse.

GO CAtters

Mr_Cat_Man01

Rookie
Aug 22, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi Kingy and Cas!

I think Friday night showed a change up in our midfield mix i.e less danger and Sel appears to make us more even. Do you think the coaches will continue to push the younger guys or revert?

Also Blitz was great in the ruck role and appears to be our best ruck ! What happens there?

Thanks

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Hey lads.
Have you ever seen a dumber game by any player in such an important position as Stanley?

I watched on from level 2 on Monday and to my disbelief Rhys thought it was smart to punch the ball forward once Greeves went down.
Not only did we forget to set up for such a game plan. We forgot to tell Tom Mitchell to stop getting it.
25 possessions in the second half mainly due to Rhys inability to palm the ball or put it into a attacking area for our mids.

While I’m at it, the lack of intent to fly/compete against Silicly by Cameron in the first half was pathetic to say the least.

I’m normally a very positive supporter who always backs his team. But that was as poor of a game that I’ve seen the GFC dish up in a long long time, only one things for sure, We will win the next 4 and it will be forgotten.

But I won’t forget what I witnessed and that to me was there’s absolutely no chance we can win this years premiership.

I’ll be in Hobart for the game if covid hits your commentary box and you need a special comments man. Until then I’m going for a walk to calm down.

The talk of playing injured or less than 100% players.

Kingy you nailed Lloyd pre game about PFD - and then also about Kolo and the difference bw dropped, omitted, rested and managed.

He danced around the issue but clearly its all smoke and mirrors.

Regarding PFD and his calf - its pretty clear with hindsight that he was restricted and in the moist environs of Monday arvo it didnt play out well for us as he was mostly ineffective.

So where does the cross over of effectiveness and being mostly right intersect with playing a less experienced player?

Cooper Stephens getting 17 touches for the game would be considered a good one - PFD not so much.

Is Cooper at 100% better than 75% PFD? based on this id say so.

And dont get me started on Dahl - 10 touches and 0 tackles. Get in the bin.

Good call on the weekend...and lets not mess around this week.. we need the win.

GO CAtters

Howla41

Debutant
Apr 28, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi all,

Questions, comments and criticisms by 12:30pm Thursday.

Cheers

Kingy

Rhys Stanley will make a great politician when he retires. He’s no good at his job. Don’t know how he got it, but he’s been there for 7 years. Fair dinkum he was tucking against the worlds tallest midget and still couldn’t give us first use.
Luke Dahlhaus gained us minus 24 meters. He and Miers had 1 tackle between them. What are they in the side for? Miers had more turnovers than the pancake palace
Clearly Dangerfield is injured. He has to be rested to get it right. If we can’t beat north without him we have bigger issues.
Once again bring cooper Stephens in. Club talks about a ‘body of work’, but he’s played 2 practice matches and 4 vfl. Get him in.

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Kingy.....Ben...
I want you both to answer this question?
Are you guys concerned about the age of our current list?

Interesting fact from Mondays game..

Geelong’s main midfield group are all over 30. Dangerfield, Selwood, Guthrie ( be 30 in a few months), Smith Duncan, Stanley, Blitz.
With Holmes & Parfitt the only guys in there 20s.
Hawthorn's oldest players in there midfield are Mitchell and Omera who are 28...

Back