Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2024 - Kingy and Benny are back in 24 for K ROCK Football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets keep this thread to questions for the boys rather than discussion posts please

GO Catters

Last edited:
I was one of the first to say we weren’t going even get close to winning the flag but now.

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Being at the ground i noticed we were a lot more physical than normal, was it that noticeable for others?

A guy who was sitting behind me at the game was calling a bloke Chicken and for the life of me I had no idea who it was.

In the 3rd quarter I finally got it, can we start this as common Practice when talking about our #18
I’ll let you figure out how it suits him

Haven’t been able to listen lately, so someone else might answer it but has anyone been questioned about Neales contact situation?
You mentioned last week Neale would be one player you would trade for currency.
I put forward Kolo, Zuthrie takes his spot.
For what it’s worth I like Kolo

Last edited:
Boys
I just want to first see if we can have a 5 min segment on Atkins....
Wow, what can I say about him... The pure hunger wanting to win the ball is unbelievable...

Plus Kingy, do you think Jye Chalcraft could be the next Tom Atkins for us next year? I'd love us to reward a Geelong VFL player in Chalcraft, as his form in the VFL has been second to none.

Cheers FoxDog50

OK - at this stage, we're a 7:30ish Wednesday night recording.

Cheers

Kingy
I didn't watch the richmond game due to work commitments but plan to once I return to civilisation. Does this game come with a surgeon generals warning, and should I start cutting back on sodium for it now?

So how many are going to get managed this week given a 5 day turn around to Melbourne after playing North? Very interesting decision to be made by MC - what are your view’s K Rock?

Great call Saturday arvo. I couldn't stand Lyon and D King rubbish Geelong anymore and had to switch to radio stream which was ahead of broadcast (I couldn't correct but still better than Lyon & King, and Russell & Hudson's infatuation with Dusty). Unsurprisingly Lyon & King have continued their attempts to influence decisions this week.

Did Geelong beat up on Christian when he played for Pies? He certainly rarely gives us slack. His classification of intentional seemed inconsistent (had Prestia taken possession rather than tap Stewart would have got to him before he could dispose) and I understood severe to be multiple weeks out, not 1 week. But this could be just community footy severe rating.

Hawkins is a good example. Still only player ever suspended for a jumper punch.

Maybe Christian falls for some of the media pile on...

OK - at this stage, we're a 7:30ish Wednesday night recording.

Cheers

Kingy

Great win against the tigers. To come back after being 17 points down, and having led the whole game, showed some real mental strength. 100% Tom atkins should remain part of the midfield rotation, arguably his best game in the hoops. Thought SDK did a really good job on lynch, lynch dropped a couple of sodas but some excellent body work and spoils early and late in the game.
I for one would like to see Zac Guthrie be given the chance to play the intercept role whilst Stewart has a spell. He’s a good user by foot, reads the play well, then Henry can also return to backline.
Esava kicked 2 in the vfl, im now of the thought that he’s best to stay forward, and hope someone comes at draft time for him. Neale should be the next key forward off the rank, is a natural footballer, a much better kick than the big Fijian.
Go cats

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Gents,

Great call of the Tigers game as usual, amazing game overall and glad to get the 4 points and move on.

The performances of our lesser lights cannot be under-estimated in a game like this especially Atkins and Stengle, I think having Atkins in the middle will really pay off when Danger comes back in. Pat doesn't need to be on the inside of contest at all times and should allow him to pay a little bit on the outside same way Cripps & Kennedy/Walsh setup for Carlton.

Stengle has been outstanding and his recruitment has been a masterstroke, that said there is talk of GFC making a play for De Goey as a Free Agent if he was too leave the Pies. What are your thoughts?

Would love to have him but on a very tight leash.

Stengle and Atkins have taken their games to "double chin strap helmet style" levels of excellence this year.

SDK is perhaps the most effective under 20 gamer we have had at the club since the #14 started in 07.

You could argue they are the most improved 3 on the list and are on low $$ for the output and return we are getting.

So the conundrum - do we re-contract them early and pay now for the prediction of future successes or do we wait and pay more market value later with a bigger body or work?

i have them all OOC in end of 2023 so it would be getting in a year early....

Great call on the weekend... wish i could re listen to the whole call somehow as the crowd was so loud live at the G I know i missed some quality moments

Neale, Dempsey and Cooper Stephens back in this week?

Go Catters

Last edited:
Why is it that there isn't a sound file of the previous week's game call on the K-Rock website so that those who miss hearing it live can tune in later to enjoy the banter?

Why is it that there isn't a sound file of the previous week's game call on the K-Rock website so that those who miss hearing it live can tune in later to enjoy the banter?
K rock Football will know better than i but im sure it has to do with the licensing of the calls being owned by the AFL not the stations themselves that do it...

Evening gents,

Goes without saying that Stewart will be a huge loss.

I missed last weeks game due to “general soreness” and watched on the couch. I felt we reverted to our old game plan for a large majority of careful footy and got burnt when we turned it over. Then when game on the line we went back to direct, fast footy and what do you know we score quick and put sides under huge heat.

If I may, can I add to Benny’s insights during the close last week…does a one-legged duck swim in circles?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m only guessing.. but Benny is up in Port Douglas and it could be a little hard to schedule….

Go Catters

Evening gents,

Surely watching Saturday's performance from the Roos puts to bed the argument of full rebuild vs rebuilding on the run. North are in a world of trouble and for a long time. There is no guarantee there is premiership at the end of it and if there is it is 8-10 years away. I am a firm believer in the path we have taken and enjoy following a team who is willing to compete at the top each year. By all accounts we have targets in sight (Bruhn/Brayshaw) that would be great additions on top of the talent (yes not top 10 picks) that are being developed to come into the side.

I also attended the Geelong Melbourne Member Forum and am very content with the leaders we have and the shape the club is in. We are very lucky and should be proud of that.

Welcome back boys...
Kingy, I'm sorry to give the bad news, but your partner in crime has been cheating on you...
His been cheating on you with another podcast...
His been sending in questions to the Geelong Offical Podcast !

About a month ago, I sent a question about Tanner Bruhn coming to Geelong ( but back than King you said he is enjoying being up there ). Month later the water is getting warmer and the speculation of Bruhn asking for a trade is growing?
Any inside rumours you may have heard about Bruhn?

Hi all,

Back in action this week - hit us up by 2pm Wednesday - if you want to.

Great win v the Dee’s. No relation Holmes played his best game, thought Stanley and blitz did a superb job on gawn/Jackson, but I feel they may have been a bit underdone.
Be interesting this week v the blues, I’d see SDK take McKay, kolo on silvangi, Henry on curnow.
Also A query on mark o Connor. I understand he has had 2 years of injuries but he’s really struggled and could be one to miss out come finals. He had tagged at times but atkins can now do that and still find the ball

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back