Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2024 - Kingy and Benny are back in 24 for K ROCK Football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets keep this thread to questions for the boys rather than discussion posts please

GO Catters

Last edited:
Who has the best current name to scream out at the top your lungs in commentary? Still hard to top "Yaaaaaaableeeeett!" in the all-time rankings, although "Chapeeeeee" gives it a run for its money.

My current vote goes to: "Jezzaaaaaah!" Although I do love saying to my son every time number 45 does something good, "That was Close!"

Gents...

My work here is done. 3 games attended... one buzzer beater over the ferals on their deck, one spifflication and one hard fought win over the league leaders.

Damn successful trip on that alone. Imagine coming this far and being a North fan... whoa.

Can we keep it going? Remains to be seen but with that in mind
What is the most important thing going forward we need to keep doing that will put us over the edge?
Is it Blitz as the swiss army knife of Mids playing ruck then following the 2 best mids in the oppo centre square?
Is it Tom Atkins continuing to be a revelation in the guts?
Is it good ball supply to Tomma, Jeza and Stengle?

Its prob a trick question as its all of them...

Great to catch up and see you Sat from LA.

PS - Kingy... how many bullets down?
Benny - did it fit ok?

Evening gents,

A great win last week. Was great to see us trying some new things and risk it not paying off. Blitz roaming across all players in the center square and trying to avoid the down the line kick to their talls. Was great to watch and hopefully some more tricks to come in weeks to come.

I think Parfitt coming back opens up the opportunity to always have one of he and Atkins in the middle at all times. Similar styles as that defensive minded mid to compliment our attackers in Paddy, Selwood and co. When Atkins is in there, rarely do the opposition walk it out with ease, they are made to work for it. He has been a revelation (Atkins) and a joy to watch in the middle.

If you haven't discussed already it will be an interesting watch with Kolo (presumably this week) and Stewart come back. It will probably be Kid Guth that goes but I'm struggling to see O'Connors role. I enjoyed him as a lock down tagger but I can't see how he fits when all key players are back (all things going well injury wise).

Hey guys
Most of this year your stream on the AFL app constantly fluctuates between real time, and a 15 second delay. So for example, the stream cuts back 15 seconds and repeats what has been said. This stays the case for a couple of minutes and then it goes back to real time for a couple of minutes. So therefore I miss 15 seconds.
This gives me the absolute rabbit bits especially when trying to match the tv and avoid the C7 muppetry.
Not sure if this happens with anyone else.
Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Great show Gents keep it up!

Just wanted to ask Benny a question, now we are nearing the end of the Home and Away his thought on the coaching set up at the Cats. Early in the year you seemed very critical of there not being a “midfield Assistant coach” and back/forward etc…. (I too was skeptical so not having a go).
The big clean out of Scarlett, Enright and knights seems to have been a needed change up and has probably bought some much needed new ideas

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey guys
Most of this year your stream on the AFL app constantly fluctuates between real time, and a 15 second delay. So for example, the stream cuts back 15 seconds and repeats what has been said. This stays the case for a couple of minutes and then it goes back to real time for a couple of minutes. So therefore I miss 15 seconds.
This gives me the absolute rabbit bits especially when trying to match the tv and avoid the C7 muppetry.
Not sure if this happens with anyone else.
Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
I"n my experience, the AFL app can buffer streams at will - could be your internet service, could be their stream from the truck, could be anything.

Getting perfect alignment is almost impossible as I do the exact same thing. K rock Football can give more info but my guess is its more an AFL gameday buffering issue than the KROCK stream itself from KROCK to AFL. Currently the AFL take the KROCK audio and encode to stream for rebroadcast on internet.
That is not done by KROCK.

Hope this helps

GO Catters

G'day gents. Love listening to the podcast and the call on game day. Any chance K-rock can foster an equivalent of "SEN Stadium" so we can get the call live without delay at the ground through an iPhone? Would love to be able to move away from the old school transistor.

Hey guys I think after the back 6ers performance, that next week the number 44 might need to come thru the twos.
In all seriousness what a great problem to have where we now have 3-4 players waiting in the seconds who could get a game.
I think from this point we should finish top 2 however I think dropping a game or two wouldn’t be the worst thing… I must admit earlier in the year I said that this team where cooked and needed to be blown up wasn’t I wrong.
Good calling and Benny stay out of trouble.

Afternoon gents,

At the beginning of the year the midfield was seen to be our Achilles heel. Recent weeks have shown that with the addition of Atkins into the middle, we have blocked a few holes but I think Stanley's effort has gone under the radar. I feel we have began to trust him a lot more which allows us to be more proactive around stoppages than reactive. Chris Scott has hinted that Ceglar will get a game at some point and I think that is exactly the right call. I don't believe he will be in our best 22 but we must keep Rhys hungry and on edge, he is the biggest key to us even thinking about going close to lifting the cup.

Quick question: At what point do the players and officials enter their own hub to limit the potential for covid to derail a season? As a teacher it is going through schools like you wouldn't believe and we can't rely on "hope" that it wont affect the cats at some point.

(Not for the show, just an ask. Is it possible to have more "time remaining updates" late in the quarters during the call for those of us who can't handle the stress or like to head to the bar and be ready with a drink before the masses at the breaks! Love your work).

Gents...
I know I shouldn't e really worried about what our list may look like next year, as we have a bigger fish to worry about... But it comes to my attention thinking on who will stay or leve this year...

Here is the list according footy wire on who is out of contract
Player​
Status
Geelong
Brandan Parfitt
NFA​
Francis Evans
NFA​
Gary Rohan
NFA​
Isaac Smith
UFA​
Joel Selwood
UFA​
Luke Dahlhaus
UFA​
Nick Stevens
NFA​
Paul Tsapatolis cat b
NFA​
Quinton Narkle
NFA​
Sam Simpson
NFA​
Shaun Higgins
UFA​
Tom Hawkins
UFA​
Zach Guthrie
NFA​
Zach Tuohy
NFA​
Zane Williams
NFA​

Id have to say Higgins and Dahlhaus will hang up the boots...
We have to upgrade Brad Close and Tom Atkins from the rookie list, so upgrading them, that still means we need to find another 3 players to unfortunately show the door...
Plus we are linked to numerous players eg De Goey, Tarranto, Hopper Bruhn, Brayshaw etc.
So let's say we even get 1 of them, that might have to make it 4 people we have to show the door....

Would you think they might even De list eg Simpson and rookie list him, knowing the year after there be alot more players will hang up the boots...
And also De list then re rookie Ceglar?

Cheers FoxDog50

Gents...
I know I shouldn't e really worried about what our list may look like next year, as we have a bigger fish to worry about... But it comes to my attention thinking on who will stay or leve this year...

Here is the list according footy wire on who is out of contract
Player​
Status
Geelong
Brandan Parfitt
NFA​
Francis Evans
NFA​
Gary Rohan
NFA​
Isaac Smith
UFA​
Joel Selwood
UFA​
Luke Dahlhaus
UFA​
Nick Stevens
NFA​
Paul Tsapatolis cat b
NFA​
Quinton Narkle
NFA​
Sam Simpson
NFA​
Shaun Higgins
UFA​
Tom Hawkins
UFA​
Zach Guthrie
NFA​
Zach Tuohy
NFA​
Zane Williams
NFA​

Id have to say Higgins and Dahlhaus will hang up the boots...
We have to upgrade Brad Close and Tom Atkins from the rookie list, so upgrading them, that still means we need to find another 3 players to unfortunately show the door...
Plus we are linked to numerous players eg De Goey, Tarranto, Hopper Bruhn, Brayshaw etc.
So let's say we even get 1 of them, that might have to make it 4 people we have to show the door....

Would you think they might even De list eg Simpson and rookie list him, knowing the year after there be alot more players will hang up the boots...
And also De list then re rookie Ceglar?

Cheers FoxDog50

Gents, the bandwagon rolls on.
SDK was like a forensic accountant, he gave McKay absolutely nothing. Thought Henry fought back well, curnow only had 4 touches after half time
Great to see Sam Simpson in the vfl, also nick stevens 36 touches across half back played his best vfl game, might be too late this year but have to find a way to get them into the side next year.
Speaking of byes, why does the vfl have so many byes? It’s like a 4th grade wicket keeper
In terms of list spots, I think we have plenty of small forward types, with frank evans towards the back end. He’s one I think could be expendable in any trade talks.
Great to see the cats sign Dempsey, Conway, and most importantly Neale. He’s well and truly gone past esava, and is now 5th in vfl goals with 28. Wonder if giants still interested in esava

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Afternoon gents,

At the beginning of the year the midfield was seen to be our Achilles heel. Recent weeks have shown that with the addition of Atkins into the middle, we have blocked a few holes but I think Stanley's effort has gone under the radar. I feel we have began to trust him a lot more which allows us to be more proactive around stoppages than reactive. Chris Scott has hinted that Ceglar will get a game at some point and I think that is exactly the right call. I don't believe he will be in our best 22 but we must keep Rhys hungry and on edge, he is the biggest key to us even thinking about going close to lifting the cup.

Quick question: At what point do the players and officials enter their own hub to limit the potential for covid to derail a season? As a teacher it is going through schools like you wouldn't believe and we can't rely on "hope" that it wont affect the cats at some point.

(Not for the show, just an ask. Is it possible to have more "time remaining updates" late in the quarters during the call for those of us who can't handle the stress or like to head to the bar and be ready with a drink before the masses at the breaks! Love your work).

Shannon Neale -

thats the post.

Got another 12 months to get into the rotation.

GO Catters

Got a question? We may have the answers.

Cat Attack Podcast recording at 1ish Thursday

Last edited:
Gents,

HI-HO Hi-HO The Cats have Won 9 in a Row

That has too be one of the best wins for the year. Interstate, Crowd against us, Port coming home like a freight train and we stood up again. Atkins, Close outstanding along with Hawk and Jezza.

With Stanley going out before finals this looks like the year we have real AFL senior quality backup in the ruck position Ceglar might just be the man for the job.

This Weekend should be about the Skipper's 350th game (The 1st man in 163 years of the GFC to reach the mark). If and its a big if he was too hold up the Cup at the end of the year, would he be the greatest Cat ever?

Gaz Snr is probably on a different level but for sheer guts and leadership I would have Joel on par with the great man.

Thoughts?

Fellas....

What a veritable plethora of riches we have this week.!!

Selwood's 350th. The ultimate warrior and leader from the the front gets the 350 and at home.

Forget Skywalker.... how about The Rise of Atkins.

How good is this? The repeated endeavour of the self professed 26th player on the list. Fringe bloke that says he owes it to the VFL blokes to keep cracking in every chance he gets and he just delivers. You cannot buy that mindset and perspective and he's killing it.

Neale gets another look in and didint look totally out of place in a Finals like pressure cooker. All you can ask of a 2nd gamer.

Close. Stengle, Henry. Kolo, Zuthrie, Bews just all getting it done and playing the role they need to.

PFD hardly sighted but its ok.

Good luck naming a better bottom 6 rolling around at the moment.

So when can we rest Blitz? Hes gonna need one before the finals and it has to happen IMO?
Who else do you have on the MUST rest list? Id add Selwood, Close, Stengle and Cameron.

Ready for another great call this week

GO Catters

Got a question? We may have the answers.

Cat Attack Podcast recording at 12:30ish Wednesday

Great win by the cats, port started like a house on fire. The fact we halted momentum and didn’t let them get a big lead was a plus. Third qtr certainly a concern but to win in a real finals type intensity bodes welll
Rohan kept aliir out of the game, whilst impacting himself. Tough call to have Neale as sub then have him ruck, when he’s barely rucked at vfl Level
To come back and win, with not a huge input from danger, Selwood was great, Tom atkins is having a heck of a season.Dogs this week, the king takes the cosmonaut, Henry to jamarra and kolo to take Bruce.
The greatest captain plays 350 games this week. Hated by other clubs fans but they’d all take him in their side in a heartbeat. Anyone who says they wouldn’t have clearly had a frontal lobotomy.
Here’s hoping for a cats win for the graft man, then we can all get the ointment out

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Great podcast guys and I love listening to your game day coverage.
just one nitpicking suggestion .
I find when listening to the podcast sometimes it goes fairly quiet . Also occasionally brief loud bits.
Not sure if there is any polishing of the audio before it published, but I reckon it needs a bit of ‘normalising’ ( cue the jokes ;) )
flattens out the levels, more importantly bringing up the softer bits. Particularly for those of us listening alongside a little competing background noise.
Or maybe I need better speaker, but am using a JBL flip which supposed to be pretty good.
Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Looking forward to this week's podcast.

At this stage, a Wednesday evening recording because Ben thinks if it's recorded at night, he can work a deeper shade of blue than the aqua I allow him to work at.

Kingy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back