Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2024 - Kingy and Benny are back in 24 for K ROCK Football.

Remove this Banner Ad

May 4, 2022
AFL Club
Geelong
Hello boys. Love the show.

I am constantly irked by the fact our Cats are made to wear the white shorts at GMHBA. Love to see the blue shorts but it’s become a rare occurrence these days. I often joke with mates that the away shorts worn at home is the reason we lose games. I know I’m old school, but can we go back to coloured shorts at home, white shorts away? Simple.

Cheers boys.

Rondog

Team Captain
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Second and third looked like dockers toyed with us and worked out we can’t spread. Played us perfectly and made the ground big.

Is it a concern that Tom Stewart is racking up 40 in the back half and also starting our attacks? Time for others to step up??

Also do you think the C Scott dislike comes from him appearing as though he is the smartest person in the room? (He may be) Tony Shaw smashed him on another station for his arrogance at responses to questions. He’s a great spinner and rarely gives us direct answer. Thoughts?

Cheers
C Scott thinks everything needs a calculated response. Which is fine in business I just don't think he talks from the heart enough.

He does seem to outhink it too much and maybe the players don't see enough passion.

Is Ken Hinkley on the coaching roundabout radar at the cattery ?

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
C Scott thinks everything needs a calculated response. Which is fine in business I just don't think he talks from the heart enough.

He does seem to outhink it too much and maybe the players don't see enough passion.

Is Ken Hinkley on the coaching roundabout radar at the cattery ?
Unfortunately I still think we got Chris Scott on with a extension... at least there no official been released yet, just hope it all falls threw

Mr_Cat_Man01

Rookie
Aug 22, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Likely to have Scott til end of 24 don’t think he goes into his final year. Particularly should things start to go a little south

Sire of Claude

Club Legend
Mar 18, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi All, this is my first post here. My chief point is that we've managed our list poorly in a fruitless pursuit of another flag.

It's been obvious for some time that the team is full of B-graders; that the best players are ageing and in decline; that mediocrity has been rewarded (look at some of the names Beveridge has dropped); and that contesting every year mean we never get access to elite young talent.

Frankly I'd prefer a couple of years in the misnamed wilderness in order to enjoy the anticipation and excitement of seeing new young fellows develop. Where's the fun in finishing top 4 every year only to get flogged in finals - 7/8 first finals lost and some of them all over by half-time.

Hi All, this is my first post here. My chief point is that we've managed our list poorly in a fruitless pursuit of another flag.

It's been obvious for some time that the team is full of B-graders; that the best players are ageing and in decline; that mediocrity has been rewarded (look at some of the names Beveridge has dropped); and that contesting every year mean we never get access to elite young talent.

Frankly I'd prefer a couple of years in the misnamed wilderness in order to enjoy the anticipation and excitement of seeing new young fellows develop. Where's the fun in finishing top 4 every year only to get flogged in finals - 7/8 first finals lost and some of them all over by half-time.
Thanks for the contribution.

I'd just say that this is a thread for questions for the podcast so probably form those comments into a question, and maybe something succinct so they can read it out during the podcast and not have the listeners get lost in it.

Also, I think they only read what's posted after their early week post so maybe wait for that as they've already done the post-freo one this week

Okey dokey. Mind you I'm not sure how to access that podcast and even Cameron Ling's podcast isn't bobbing up on the Cats website.

Click the link here and it will play.

Also in Itunes, Google whatever and im sure Kingy can sell you a bootleg version out the back of his car.

And yes - keep this thread to questions for the guys please

GO Catters

Howla41

Debutant
Apr 28, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
Recording Thursday at 12:30pm.

Fire away.

Bounced back well against the giants, a good win considering the outs we had. Good result considering Stewart and Hawkins didn’t have huge games. Really happy with the 2 debutants. Far as I’m conscerned, Cooper Stephens is built for senior footy and should stay in for the rest of the season. Wasn’t out of his depth aT all. The output we got from the 2 debutants outweighs anything we’d get from older players they replaced. Couple of podcasts ago a question talked about Zac Guthrie. I think he should be kept, he has improved greatly and should be a big part of the future. Go cats

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Do you think it’s stupid us supporters want to see Miers closer to goal?

I fear for his sake when we get players back he might be first out.

Also I’m looking forward to seeing Rohan back and seeing the pace between him, Stengle and Close.

I’m not very confident against the saints but I’m looking forward to a fast game on the tennis court.

Loving the youth, Knevitt was very exciting. Raw but exciting.
One more thing,

Is it Nealey time for Shannon to debut?

I’ll see myself out
😎

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Recording Thursday at 12:30pm.

Fire away.
G'day lads

Last injury list update was massive with guys added who are nearly back. Do you think the club was bowing to external pressure to be more transparent? Is that the kind of thing that might be within Chris Scott's new kpi framework?

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Hey Boys
Reading all the comments and listening back to your 5th quarter after the game, everyone mentioned how happy they were with the win, as we played a few kids, which is what most people want to see, here is the brake down from the game, I think its the first time in ages we were under the average age of 27

20220509_210454.jpg

But there is 1 small problem I have to ask...
As much as Blitz was fantastic, I don't understand on not having another guy actually in the team to help him?
Surely the club would of known 48 hours before the game Stanley wasn't going to be fit, they definitely known that Esava was never going to be fit, so why did they leave it to the last minute to put Neale on the emergency list, where they could of taken him up there with the team and should of played him?
Ill say once again I am so happy with the win as we played a good chunk of youth, but I don't understand about this with Neale?
Cheers

Not much has been made of the Assistant Coaches to this point, but it seems clear that they are having a positive effect.

SDK and Stengle are 2 that clearly are developing well. Eddie has his finger prints over bits of this and while HT does not have an on field role per se, its hard to not see his style in SDK. Egan, Pops, Shagga all seem to be having positive influences with Grigg there too.

And the lack of specific defensive, MF and Forward coaches doesn't seem to be restricting development or progress..... or am i just too deep in the red cordial

Thoughts?

And I know Benny prob has a T time or track work to assesss...

How (POTHOLE REACHING FOR 7 SEC DELAY LAST SAT NIGHT) good is this!!!!!

THESE are the blokes you want at the club.!!!

Go Catters

Last edited:

magic_johnson!

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 7, 2008
London
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi there,
Thanks for the podcast, I’ve been really enjoying it this year.

- Do you think the reduced list sizes that were implemented in 2021 could potentially have a negative effect on the cats this year?

- If the afl do look to reduce list sizes further in the future with a potential team number 19, is there need to be greater means to recruit top ups throughout the year?

Geelong had just 3 afl listed players playing in the vfl on the weekend.

Blitz, sdk and neale are the only players that could potentially play in the ruck in either afl or vfl at the moment, and it is far from either of their preferred positions. Additionally, blitz and sdk are the only key defenders we have available.

If the list was as long as it was prior to 221, it is likely in my opinion that this wouldn’t be the case and we would have at least one extra ruck or key position available.

Last edited:

bdavey22

Draftee
May 17, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Evening Kingy and Ben,

Am I being to optimistic to think that perhaps the cats are thinking that top 4 isn’t everything and that getting finals in good shape and playing footy at the right end is more important? I don’t think that they are happy with losing but there is an end goal in mind?

In previous years we seem to get there on that back of some loses and a bit hurt. Maybe the thought process is to get there in shape with the new style down pat.

Enjoy listening each week.

Howla41

Debutant
Apr 28, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
Update - now recording at 7:30pm Wednesday night.

Outscored saints for 3 of 4 qtr season and lost. 3 of our 4 losses have been by under 3 goals. Yet I still get the feeling that like captain cook cook 1770, we are going south.
Was disappointed to see Stephen’s go out. I understand he’s probably limited to where he can play but I felt his first game was good enough to get another crack.
Odd to miss a 20 gamer but we are missing max holmes pace.
Kingy- are the cats the worst in the league in terms of injury updates? Henry, Holmes, and Simpson all have TBC Listed next to them.
Excited to see Toby Conway and Flynn Kroger debut in the 2s
Go cats

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Gents

Im in more trouble than the early settlers right now - much like the Cats Midfield.

Rucks are a mess and we can't stop the oppo when they get rolling.

Stevens must get back into the 22 and get the experience as an inside mid whilst playing with Selwood and PFD - not that he would have changed the outcome.

They have to find a way - blood the kids with the vets still out there.

And with Sav Stanley and Ceglar all out.. is it Neale time yet? ( granted hes not a ruck i want him up forward, but can we play 3 talls with Neale Jezza and Tomma?

Go CAtters

Hi Krock team,

Not sure if this is a simple question or not - do we have a status update on Chris Scott's contract?

It seems we've read/heard everything from the contract has been agreed to and just needs to be signed, then there's information that Hocking has put the contract on hold and then we've also heard that Scott has officially signed on for another 2 years - it just seems a lot of information is floating around which contradicts other information with no a lot of certainty about the situation

Cheers

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
I said last week I wasn’t confident we would beat the saints last week.
But being at the ground, the saints took there chances and had one of those games.
4 posters from very gettable shots, few bounces that instead of going through for a point, either went over the boundary next to the behind post or hit the behind post for the saints, which ended up being stoppage goals.

I think it was just one of the games, if Geelong had won it wouldn’t have raised eyebrows.

Though Knevitt was good the previous week, we really made a error in selecting him over Stephens.

Miers is having an absolute nightmare start to the year, very noticeable in the stands and a lot of comments coming from frustrated Fans in his direction.

Isaac Smith is a man in need of a rest, played well but watching him live. That guy is buggered

I would like a few changes this week.

In Bews, Stephen’s Rohan

Out Knevitt, Miers, Smith “Rested”

If Stanley is injured again, Neales a massive chance, especially against a side who doesn’t have a 2nd ruck who rotates in.

What type of player do you think we will target in the Mid season draft vs what type of player do you want?

In my opinion it will just be a Wells special who slipped through the Covid cracks.

One last thing, can we piss off these 1:45pm games on a Saturday.
Dreadful time for a game

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back