Catching Hell

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not a baseball fan but this is one of the great doco stories ever.

The guy outside with the TV strapped to his head lol..he fueled it even more.

Someone said " it was like the air was sucked out of the stadium " .so much negative vibe after the incident.

All those Marlins base hits .." They just kept hitting and hitting "

Players are to blame. The whole team including the coach who switched pitchers.

Was on again yesterday. Totally pissweak of the people that sat near Bartman offering him no support.

The yanks take their baseball super serious though. Anything that's remotely putting the moz on a game(especially a final) is heavily frowned on.

What was worse was the mayor carrying on after the game. That kind of response just made the whole thing a lot worse.

Does anyone know if he still goes to games?
It was actually the Governor, Rod Blagojevich, who is currently in Federal prison in the US until at least 2024 for amongst other things attempting to sell Barack Obama's Senate seat after he became President. A very nasty piece of work.

Imagine, corruption in Chicago and/or Illinois....or just about anywhere else. http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/blagojevich-joins-illinois-govs-bars/story?id=15928257#10

My favorite is Marion Barry....the Washington, DC mayor that was caught on film smoking crack. That's bad enough, but dude was RE-ELECTED as mayor! Kind of gives you an idea of how insanely corrupt, inefficient, incompetent, dilapidated, etc., etc. Washington is. If you're visiting there, be careful. Ugh....I have to fly there today.

What was worse was the mayor carrying on after the game. That kind of response just made the whole thing a lot worse.

Does anyone know if he still goes to games?

No he doesn't. When the Cubs made the playoffs last year they offered him a free ticket and he declined saying he's more comfortable at home.

At the time a 21 year old me wanted to kill him. In the spur of the moment we tend to think irrationally. My grandma's last words to me were the Cubs will never win it. Hopefully this is the year.

No he doesn't. When the Cubs made the playoffs last year they offered him a free ticket and he declined saying he's more comfortable at home.

At the time a 21 year old me wanted to kill him. In the spur of the moment we tend to think irrationally. My grandma's last words to me were the Cubs will never win it. Hopefully this is the year.
Can't say I blame him not wanting to go. It'd scar you for life really.

Think this is the Cubs best chance in ages. That squad is scary good.

Plot twist: Steve Bartman has been attending Chicago Cubs games at Wrigley Field for the past 12 years.

Take the hat, headphones off and wear different glasses and no one would even recognise him. How often does anyone attend a sporting match and study a face in the crowd? It just doesn't happen because of the whole "creepy" vibe it would set off. It would be funny if he has been to Cubs home games since 2003 and no one knows it. I mean, I doubt he'd announce it to the world if he does. At this point he's just declining offers to attend games, it doesn't mean he hasn't been back to Wrigley Field countless times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why the * should he speak. It's up to him to forgive their idiotic violent fans. Just because they won it's one big happy family? He almost got lynched and in personal danger from fellow supporters.

Just watched this ESPN 30 for 30 documentary and really enjoyed it. I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to baseball, I only started following it closely this season (following the Dodgers), and now I love it.

Was just wondering what the consensus is on that infamous play from the documentary (the Bartman incident) - would any of you have reacted differently with the ball coming in your direction? Has anyone here ever caught a ball at a game? It seems ridiculous that Bartman became the scapegoat when they made a few errors in that 8th inning, and I sure wouldn't want to be him now!
Aah the Dodgers!
My first World Series watched on TV was the 1981 series when the Dodgers came back from 2 games down to beat the Yankees,games 3,4 and 5 are on you tube,I recommend them highly.
Amazing atmosphere is those games.
My best mate and I (band mates) snuck into Yankee Stadium ten years ago with used ticket stubs,person in front of us who had a southern accent,had the same and remonstrated till she got in when they at first refused her entry,the NY police let us in.
We were in the bleachers though.

Cey,Garvey and Yeager were my heroes after that 1981 ws.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back