Irish recruits

Remove this Banner Ad

oh yeah, all those 28-33 yr olds who got dropped during the year, but were still demanding long term contracts 😂 will be interested to see how Jacobs, Jenkins and Betts go next year! don’t worry about us, we’ll look after the big Irishman for you! 🇮🇪
1582008951228.png

How do you earn a living as a manager for a player that doesn't get paid to play? Where's the skin in that? Is it all commission off individual player sponsorship or something?

I wonder which of our Cat B players gets upgraded at the end of the year, to open up a list spot?

dlanod or anyone else who knows. Can a player go from a Cat B rookie to a Cat A rookie?
I doubt you can go from Cat B to A but the likelihood is that Eagles' spot will be free next year.

So he was born in Lithuanian moved to Ireland when he was four. Would he be the first person from Lithuanian to be on a AFL list?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder which of our Cat B players gets upgraded at the end of the year, to open up a list spot?

dlanod or anyone else who knows. Can a player go from a Cat B rookie to a Cat A rookie?

I believe it's only possible through the rookie draft, i.e. delist and re-list.

As far as I’m aware, Eagles is still an exception from AFL house.

I believe either Fullerton or Madden need to be upgraded to accommodate a new Cat B rookie.

Eagles isn't an exception any more. We've got three Cat B rookies - Fullerton, Madden and Eagles - where we used to have four when Eagles first joined us.

I believe it's only possible through the rookie draft, i.e. delist and re-list.

Eagles isn't an exception any more. We've got three Cat B rookies - Fullerton, Madden and Eagles - where we used to have four when Eagles first joined us.
Really, who were the other 3?

I thought we had 7 total. 4 Cat A’s, 2 Cat B’s, and Eagles as an extra allowed by the AFL.

Didn’t we also petition the AFL last year if we could keep Eagles on as a Cat B rookie.

Really, who were the other 3?

I thought we had 7 total. 4 Cat A’s, 2 Cat B’s, and Eagles as an extra allowed by the AFL.

Didn’t we also petition the AFL last year if we could keep Eagles on as a Cat B rookie.

Yes, Eagles is still a Cat B rookie but we had four when the quota was only three - Eagles, Cian Hanley, Reuban William and Blake Grewar.

The article on the clubs website says there are new rules for 2021 that allow clubs to have two Irish Cat B rookies on a list.
Used to be only one. AFAIK they both still count to the same three Cat B slots though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back