Society/Culture Catholic paedophile priests used the church to share victims.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺

New accusations that Catholic pedo priests didn't merely abuse as isolated individuals, but knowingly banded together to pass young child victims around and cover their tracks.

Thanks to its' questionable charity status, Australian taxpayers have essentially funded the Catholic church to sexually abuse their own children. I support the revocation of the Catholic church's tax-free status, along with the AFL's. Both organizations are being run very much for profit and reek of an absence of integrity. That said it would take the AFL hundreds of years to match the Catholic church as the embodiment of pure evil.

From the article:

A snapshot of 34 Corpus Christi graduates who were accused or convicted of committing acts of child abuse, and for whom reliable records exist, found that 17 priests had offended within three years of being ordained. Four began offending even before they were ordained, prompting serious questions about the way young men were selected and trained for priesthood at Corpus Christi.

That's actually insane. And scary. It was essentially a training ground and clubhouse for predators. Regardless of your thoughts on the Pell verdicts (plural!), he was willfully ignorant referring to the spate of convictions among Catholic priests from that era as a "disastrous coincidence". I'd probably argue criminally negligent too, not just willfully ignorant.

Regardless of your thoughts on the Pell verdicts (plural!), he was willfully ignorant referring to the spate of convictions among Catholic priests from that era as a "disastrous coincidence". I'd probably argue criminally negligent too, not just willfully ignorant.

Not just ignorant. Pell has admitted he actively protected predator priests. He’s admitted in TV interviews he paid off victims to shut them up so they wouldn’t ruin the church’s reputation. He admitted on camera in the Royal Commission testimony he stopped investigations against paedophiles from occurring.

He should be in jail for what he’s admitted to doing to cover up and continue the abuse. In addition to what his upheld conviction of actually raping boys himself.

But of course all the typical Catholic abuse defenders (Bolt, Jones, Devine, Kenny, Abbott, Howard et al) will be mentioning this in their various media formats now won’t they, won’t they....? /s

From the article:

A snapshot of 34 Corpus Christi graduates who were accused or convicted of committing acts of child abuse, and for whom reliable records exist, found that 17 priests had offended within three years of being ordained. Four began offending even before they were ordained, prompting serious questions about the way young men were selected and trained for priesthood at Corpus Christi.

That's actually insane. And scary. It was essentially a training ground and clubhouse for predators. Regardless of your thoughts on the Pell verdicts (plural!), he was willfully ignorant referring to the spate of convictions among Catholic priests from that era as a "disastrous coincidence". I'd probably argue criminally negligent too, not just willfully ignorant.

Just on the screening of priests; what would you have, something like, are you or have you ever been attracted to children? Y / N. Done, that would of done it.

Essentially these organisations and the Catholic Churches particularly peculiar insistence on single male priests were easy targets for these guys. Interesting to know how they found each other before they chose this path. Or did they just meet there. It’s been well known they coordinated for sometime, but maybe not how when who. Certain types of analysis had Pell right in the middle of it for years. Am not surprised he was one as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just on the screening of priests; what would you have, something like, are you or have you ever been attracted to children? Y / N. Done, that would of done it.

Essentially these organisations and the Catholic Churches particularly peculiar insistence on single male priests were easy targets for these guys. Interesting to know how they found each other before they chose this path. Or did they just meet there. It’s been well known they coordinated for sometime, but maybe not how when who. Certain types of analysis had Pell right in the middle of it for years. Am not surprised he was one as well.

Yeah, that sort of analysis is probably one level deeper than what the OP's article goes to, but it's a fantastic start and it really should be getting more notice. It's quite likely that most people are burned out on the issue and feel like the Royal Commission was enough, but it paints everything as a much more sinister than what the church (not just the Catholic church, btw) would like everyone to believe.

Not just ignorant. Pell has admitted he actively protected predator priests. He’s admitted in TV interviews he paid off victims to shut them up so they wouldn’t ruin the church’s reputation. He admitted on camera in the Royal Commission testimony he stopped investigations against paedophiles from occurring.

He should be in jail for what he’s admitted to doing to cover up and continue the abuse. In addition to what his upheld conviction of actually raping boys himself.

But of course all the typical Catholic abuse defenders (Bolt, Jones, Devine, Kenny, Abbott, Howard et al) will be mentioning this in their various media formats now won’t they, won’t they....? /s
I'm not fully across what you're referring to in the first paragraph, but if true, it makes my suggestion of criminality a certified fact.

More basic than the asking of such questions of applicants (even though I find it to be a good question to ask of candidates), this question should be asked of the all-powerful who construct the church's rules in regard to celibacy: "Other than those who already have tendencies to be perverted, who is going to be attracted to a celibate lifestyle?"

What sane and informed fifteen/sixteen year-old would commit themselves to the irrational, cruel, life-long and life-denying perversion of celibacy? By definition, to commit forever to that means the applicant's thinking is already monstrously out of whack.

In particular, the selection process should prevent these candidates so crippled from ever advising anyone on morals. It should also disqualify such an outrageous pervert from ever having any involvement with children.

Now, I realise the alternative process I recommend might mean we no longer have priests in the community. Would that really matter, when they are already damaged beyond repair, before they are even ordained? After ordination, their exercise of what they see as their righteous power over lesser beings only becomes more rampant.

Alternatively, all applicants should agree to have their membrum virili removed before their entry to a seminary. This would immediately sort out those who have a true vocation from those who are merely in it for the rooting.

Edit: Should not the word 'seminary', be more accurately spelt, 'semenary'?

I don’t know how or why celibacy is being regarded as a trigger point for adults to target children....surely these monsters had these unnatural desires and thoughts before entering the church rather than being pressured into a life of celibacy which triggered their abusive behaviour.

Regardless the whole celibacy code in the church is just laughably idiotic just like their religion imo.

Very strange thread.

The Anglican Church the same
The uniting Church the same.
Salvation army the same.
Phuq even Jewish churches got a bad rap at the wood royal commission.

Yet catbolics singled out by op. Just as bad as Tommy gunless Robinson saying Islam is the religion of pedophiles

And Where's chief? He is starting thread bashing other religions, why isn't he in here about Australian issues?

Very strange thread.

The Anglican Church the same
The uniting Church the same.
Salvation army the same.
Phuq even Jewish churches got a bad rap at the wood royal commission.

Yet catbolics singled out by op. Just as bad as Tommy gunless Robinson saying Islam is the religion of pedophiles

And Where's chief? He is starting thread bashing other religions, why isn't he in here about Australian issues?
To be fair, it wasn't the OP singling out Catholics, but the investigative journalism that's revealed some of the connections. However, the concentration on the abuse within the Catholic church does cloud the fact that it's much more widespread than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely. Good catholics I know want it all over. But it’s not over because there are soooo many unanswered questions.

I feel like after decades of denial all we have is that it happened. That’s it. Not why how who when exactly. I mean you can not help but get upset when you find out that at one point in the ‘70’s every adult at the Mortlake catholic school was a paed. Kids just looked to survive and got swatted if they spoke out.

But how did that happen. It must have been coordinated. So many dead including the other kid who Pell abused at St Pats. It takes according to the Royal Commission the average years between occurrence and speaking about it is 30+ years. It’s only tip of the iceberg.

No one hates the Catholic campaigners more than me - but the above statement is just plain wrong. There was only one Paedo in Mortlake, he was there for approximately 18 months from January 1981 until September 1982. His name was Ridsdale. How do I know? I am JCB and I held the campaigners accountable https://www.judycourtinlegal.com/landmark-civil-claim

What sane and informed fifteen/sixteen year-old would commit themselves to the irrational, cruel, life-long and life-denying perversion of celibacy?

I do wonder if they’d be better served to have Pastors (who can marry and such) as a figure in the community.

There’s nothing inherently wrong about ‘faith’ or with people who take that path, I think a lot of priests (like those in any ‘helping’ field) really do want to help their community.

But are they setting them up to fail by asking them to deny one of the most base biological urges instead of being able to engage in a romantic relationship that may well see them as better resources for members of their communities?

No one hates the Catholic campaigners more than me - but the above statement is just plain wrong. There was only one Paedo in Mortlake, he was there for approximately 18 months from January 1981 until September 1982. His name was Ridsdale. How do I know? I am JCB and I held the campaigners accountable https://www.judycourtinlegal.com/landmark-civil-claim
Thanks for sharing your story and I'm glad you're still around to share it (as so many others haven't made it to 2020). Good luck with the rest of the process later this month. I hope your long and no doubt frustrating efforts are worth it both for you personally, but also for the future protection of children. You've got all my respect.

Thanks for sharing your story and I'm glad you're still around to share it (as so many others haven't made it to 2020). Good luck with the rest of the process later this month. I hope your long and no doubt frustrating efforts are worth it both for you personally, but also for the future protection of children. You've got all my respect.
My case has settled - I’m finished with dealing with the sick campaigners - but be aware - the Church has not changed one ******* jot - they are the epitome of evil

Fair enough. I must have read the wrong information.

New accusations that Catholic pedo priests didn't merely abuse as isolated individuals, but knowingly banded together to pass young child victims around and cover their tracks.

Thanks to its' questionable charity status, Australian taxpayers have essentially funded the Catholic church to sexually abuse their own children. I support the revocation of the Catholic church's tax-free status, along with the AFL's. Both organizations are being run very much for profit and reek of an absence of integrity. That said it would take the AFL hundreds of years to match the Catholic church as the embodiment of pure evil.

When the documantry on Adam goodies detailing how racist the afl and media are, to take peoples attention away, security at afl games were ordered to harras people. It worked, the media cycle was hijacked

That's evil.

That shows to me that lawyers and judges are scum. I know there's a couple worked really hard to make sure the right result happened. But lawyers and judges made millions from the Royal commission and for what?

Church admitted in a royal commission what happened but tried denying in court later and were allowed to do so, lots of lawyers and judges made money out of game of ping pong with you.

I can't help but believe that Catholicism has, for literally centuries, been used as a front for pedophilia. Absolutely disgusting.

What pisses me off to an equal degree (or more) is that if I leveled the same criticism against Islam, I would instantly receive death threats. So ******* bullshit. I detest all religions equally, but there is one religion in particular I am not allowed to criticize without being accused of being a white supremacist (despite not being white).

That shows to me that lawyers and judges are scum. I know there's a couple worked really hard to make sure the right result happened. But lawyers and judges made millions from the Royal commission and for what?

Church admitted in a royal commission what happened but tried denying in court later and were allowed to do so, lots of lawyers and judges made money out of game of ping pong with you.
The Legal profession in general has played a major role in allowing the Church to get away with this - as a profession they need to examine the role they have played and continue to play

The Legal profession in general has played a major role in allowing the Church to get away with this - as a profession they need to examine the role they have played and continue to play

They make alot of money out of suffering. Like Doctors and churches and politicians and journalists. It's a Coincidence these are professions most likely to be pedofiles lol.

High rate of pychopaths in thier ranks

I can't help but believe that Catholicism has, for literally centuries, been used as a front for pedophilia. Absolutely disgusting.

What pisses me off to an equal degree (or more) is that if I leveled the same criticism against Islam, I would instantly receive death threats. So ******* bullshit. I detest all religions equally, but there is one religion in particular I am not allowed to criticize without being accused of being a white supremacist (despite not being white).
All religion is bullshit - Scientology sums it up perfectly - a b grade science fiction writer realised there was money to be made by inventing his own wacko religion than writing books

Remove this Banner Ad

Back