Cats and the Bye - Some Numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Best wait till after the QF/EF has been played.
Not until we win our QF.
Then win the prelim

People can say what they want, but I'm not counting last year, it wasn't really a bye even though it says in the fixture that we had one.

So since I first started this thread, it's pretty much 4 years to the day, in that time :

Played 10 times after an in season / pre-finals bye.

Won twice - 2016 in the qf against Hawthorn when Smith missed after the final siren and then 4 1/2 years later, against Port on Thursday.

Lost 8 - Sydney at home and then in the pf the same year. WCE at Subi and Richmond in the qf. Dogs at Marvel and Melbourne in the ef. Port at the AO and Collingwood in the qf of 2019.

In the same period, not counting last year, we are 6 - 0, 2nd up after an in season or pre-finals bye.

Can I put this one to bed now?
Perhaps the framing needs to change. We are now I think 3-1 after a bye in years where there are global pandemics. Just need one every year

The big difference is the players not being able to go on holiday in the bye week, due to covid. That has eliminated the holiday mode we usually have. Just wait and see what happens next time they go on holiday for a week. I would put money on us not turning up the following week.

People can say what they want, but I'm not counting last year, it wasn't really a bye even though it says in the fixture that we had one.

So since I first started this thread, it's pretty much 4 years to the day, in that time :

Won twice - 2016 in the qf against Hawthorn when Smith missed after the final siren and then 4 1/2 years later, against Port on Thursday.

Lost 8 - Sydney at home and then in the pf the same year. WCE at Subi and Richmond in the qf. Dogs at Marvel and Melbourne in the ef. Port at the AO and Collingwood in the qf of 2019.

In the same period, not counting last year, we are 6 - 0, 2nd up after an in season or pre-finals bye.
Perhaps you have said this already, but most of our matches after the mid season bye have been played away, I think. Different results if the AFL gave us a GMHBA game after a bye.

Oops, I went back a year too far, it should have been 2017 and onwards and not 2016.

That qf win against the 'Awks comes out and the 2 losses to Sydney, so it reads :

1 - 6

2nd game after the bye 5 - 0

Perhaps you have said this already, but most of our matches after the mid season bye have been played away, I think. Different results if the AFL gave us a GMHBA game after a bye.

From 2017 until now the games have been at :

3 @ MCG all finals, all losses
2 @ Adelaide Oval, 1 win, 1 loss
1 @ Subiaco, 1 loss
1 @ Marvel, 1 loss

The games 2nd up after a bye have been at :

2 @ Kardinia
2 @ MCG, both finals
1 @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back