Social Cats Chat about Our Pets

Is your Pet a Geelong Cats supporter?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

we moved house late last year on to a little hobby farm. Took our two spoodles and old cat with us.

the former owners left behind 2 alpacas, 8 sheep, 2 geese, a sulphur crested cockatoo and 6 goldfish ..... plus daily we feed the wild rosellas, king parrots and 3 kookaburras

it's a mad house .....

Has the cat tried to eat the goldfish..?

How do you go getting food for all the animals?

Has the cat tried to eat the goldfish..?

How do you go getting food for all the animals?
fish are in an outdoor pond with mesh over it, in a fernery, mainly protection against the birds.

drought up here so hand feeding the large animals. At least it's a lifestyle choice - I was talking to one farmer last week, he has already spent $130K on feed this year. He's in so deep there's no going back.

How old are your dogs now rocker_oz33 ?

Took a couple of photos of Jet on the weekend
View attachment 529010 View attachment 529011
He's looking pretty sad at the moment but still eating and drinking.
So today we have had to put Jet to sleep as it has got to a point where things were really bad. His back legs had let go and his kidney's were about to fail.

The last month or so has been very trying with him having days where he would bash on the laundry door to be let in and then do the same a minute later to be let out constantly. Just couldn't get comfortable and was in pain.

We've lost two beautiful boys Jet & Dudley.

1928865_1195257523794_2835994_n.jpg

So today we have had to put Jet to sleep as it has got to a point where things were really bad. His back legs had let go and his kidney's were about to fail.

The last month or so has been very trying with him having days where he would bash on the laundry door to be let in and then do the same a minute later to be let out constantly. Just couldn't get comfortable and was in pain.

We've lost two beautiful boys Jet & Dudley.

1928865_1195257523794_2835994_n.jpg

that's s**t mate. I hate losing dogs, they really are our best friends. Sad to hear, but at least he's not in pain anymore.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sorry to hear BotsMaster very sad :(:'( sounds like Jett held on for quiet a while at least he's not in pain anymore.
Hes gone to see his best mate Dudley :dog::dog: .They're looking down on you and thanking you for giving us a good life.

I remember fudge the nudge who had his back legs go on him.One night l was a sleep and he pooed himself he got himself over to the bed , he had little sook to wake me up.
l had to pick him up take to the bathroom put him in the bath and wash him and change his bedding.
Its not easy seeing them not they're selfs.

So sorry to hear this. Losing a dog is never easy. It sounds as if your dogs had a good life with you and you made the right decision however difficult when that good life couldn't continue.

The boyz turned 2 this month, wow 2 years already.

BotsMaster have or are you going to get a new a doggie or doggies?

I understand how you feel, Rocker, my little girls were two in August, which I find hard to comprehend, especially as they are both still tiny pussycats.

Hey rocker no plans for another dog and it's very unlikely I'll ever get another one.

Hope your boys are doing well.
Dear Bots, I'm so sorry to read that, it's just so heart breaking when our pets die.

My Sapphie, who is 15, was diagnosed with the beginning of Kidney disease, yesterday. I think it is our goodbye time now.

Sorry to hear mate.

I hope your doing better on a personal level tho.
Thanks Rocker. Sapphie is 15, which is pretty good for a Burmese + she's had a terrific life, knows she's loved + is such a happy little girl.
Sapphie utterly despises dogs, used to chase them when we lived in Sydney lol We lived quite close to the SCG, in a pedestrian enclave, which was ideal for the cats, no cars. Anyway, people would let their dogs of their leads + Sapphie would lie in wait in a street garden, then chase dogs. I always tried to explain to people, trouble was most people do not listen lol I'd explain that she chased dogs, but dog people would say "No, my dog won't chase your cat! My dog loves cats, has a cat at home" +++ Then Sapphie would chase their dog + they'd be gobsmacked.

One Friday afternoon, a guy wearing a Bulldogs scarf was walking his Bulldog. Geelong were playing the Bulldogs that weekend. Anyhooooo, I launched into my warning, too late, Sapphie chased his dog all the way up to the street just across from the SCG. They guy + I were talking about the game, I said I reckoned it was an omen that the Cats would flog the Bulldogs + we did :joycat::joycat::joycat:

Cheers for your wishes, it's been a tough year with my health, still, I'm a lot better off than many others :thumbsu:

rocker_oz33 - may have asked you this previously, what colour our your dogs? + any chance of posting some pix please?

The dog in your avatar, is what we describe in Cat World as 'Blue'. My Sapphie is a Blue Tortoiseshell Burmese, so she's blue + white, like Geelong lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rocker_oz33 - may have asked you this previously, what colour our your dogs? + any chance of posting some pix please?

The dog in your avatar, is what we describe in Cat World as 'Blue'. My Sapphie is a Blue Tortoiseshell Burmese, so she's blue + white, like Geelong lol

The dog in my avatar is Hank who has passed.

Heres the couple pics of Wally (Choc) and Oscar (black).

20180906_150049.jpg

20181025_130639.jpg

The dog in my avatar is Hank who has passed.

Heres the couple pics of Wally (Choc) and Oscar (black).

View attachment 599523

View attachment 599524
So Hank was a chocolate? I'm so sorry, you must miss Hank.

Wally + Oscar are just absolutely gorgeous! Love their names. Thanks for the pix. Those faces! :hearteyecat::hearteyecat::hearteyecat:

Labs love the water, don't they?

We had a blonde Afghan in the late 70s + early 80s who loved stinky water, the stinkier the better, she'd always go straight in to the Ponds at Centennial Park + of course detested being bathed afterward lol

rocker_oz33

Here are my Burmese Les Petites:

Sapphie - Blue Tortoiseshell (Geelong colours lol) my dear old lady, my Number One
Sapphie - TummyTickles.jpg

LaLa is a Chocolate, aged four - the head of the house, protects all of us + fusses over us, divine little man
LaLa - Blankie-2.jpg

Xixi - Lilac - aged four, (half brother + nephew of LaLa) - a massive Mummy's Boy, a very nervous scaredy cat lol He is cross-eyed - my Lovey Boy
IMG_5292.jpg

Mimi - Lilac (aged two) sister of Phryne + aunt of LaLa + XiXi - my Little Madam, a very slinky catwalk model
Mimi - Footy - Dawn to Dark.jpg

Phryne - Chocolate Tortoiseshell (aged two) sister of Mimi + aunt of LaLa + XiXi. Her she is, being a Gargyrle lol My Sporty Spice
Phryne - Gargyrle.jpg

Four snuggled - LaLa (front), Sapphie (left middle), Phryne (right middle) XiXi at the back - Mimi is missing
IMG_8147.jpg

XiXi (front), Phryne (left middle), Mimi (right middle) + LaLa (back) - Sapphie is missing
IMG_8179.jpg

Sapphie (left), LaLa (back left) next to Phryne (on his right), LaLa (to the right of Phryne) + Mimi (right)
IMG_8255.jpg

Dear Bots, I'm so sorry to read that, it's just so heart breaking when our pets die.

My Sapphie, who is 15, was diagnosed with the beginning of Kidney disease, yesterday. I think it is our goodbye time now.
our cat Minet, who is 19, has been unwell and we were told last week that she has pleurisy, and is highly unlikely to pull through. But she's tough and the vet said today she will be ok.

the older spoodle, pictured below as a pup, is fine

IMG_0392.JPG

the younger spoodle, age 3, has Addison's Disease. Will be fine, but has to have (expensive) medication twice a day forever.

the horse dentist is out tomorrow to see the pony for a regular tooth filing

meanwhile I'll just keep working longer hours .....

Back