Review Cats d Roos by 55

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually, I'm expecting them to be fine.
They are fit young men, and there should be no excuses.
It is not an excuse, but a significant factor, just the same as teams from WA and Qland struggle in the cold and wet in Geelong, Tassie and Melbourne

Coaches votes:

GEELONG v NORTH MELBOURNE
10 Patrick Dangerfield (GEEL)
5 Gryan Miers (GEEL)
4 Quinton Narkle (GEEL)
4 Mitch Duncan (GEEL)
3 Tom Hawkins (GEEL)
2 Gary Ablett (GEEL)
1 Mark Blicavs (GEEL)
1 Brandan Parfitt (GEEL)
Nice to see Miers and Narkle get recognition for really good games .... Surprised no defender in the votes though(Blicavs was ruck so no)

Last edited:

Interesting that we held NM to the lowest score in their history and yet not one Geelong defender is in the AFL website team of the week...team defence, I guess!

It becomes more and more clear why they're called 'The Misfits', really.

Just like me, though, I imagine they couldn't care less about the external 'noise' (or lack of it).

Well I guess team 10,11 and 12 beat us but 13th did not..so the word imposter does not fit however it certainly calls into question what being on top of the ladder actually means.

Being on top of the ladder means you've won at least as many games as every other team. And won them by more significant margins as well. It also opens up the possibility of truly contending for the flag when the finals roll around.

Our ladder position doesn't make us unstoppable or invincible, I know. But there's no place I'd rather be at this point of the season.

Being on top of the ladder means you've won at least as many games as every other team. And won them by more significant margins as well. It also opens up the possibility of truly contending for the flag when the finals roll around.

Our ladder position doesn't make us unstoppable or invincible, I know. But there's no place I'd rather be at this point of the season.
I agree with your last line. Rather be up the top than anywhere else for sure. Form is a worry and this week will confirm where we are at. Do you think it matters whether we finish 1st or maybe 3rd at completion of H@A. I guess what really matters is how we shape up and perform under the glare of finals. As you are aware the swords are out of the sheaths for this Geelong outfit and so they should be. Performance since bye has been less than stellar. Added to that some confusing team positional and selection changes have added to supporters woes. Time will tell inshallah

I agree with your last line. Rather be up the top than anywhere else for sure. Form is a worry and this week will confirm where we are at. Do you think it matters whether we finish 1st or maybe 3rd at completion of H@A. I guess what really matters is how we shape up and perform under the glare of finals. As you are aware the swords are out of the sheaths for this Geelong outfit and so they should be. Performance since bye has been less than stellar. Added to that some confusing team positional and selection changes have added to supporters woes. Time will tell inshallah

Our recent form is a worry, no doubt. The next two games should tell us plenty about whether we should be truly embracing some hope about this finals series.

And I certainly think it matters whether we finish first or third. Top 2 is home finals. Anything else could take us all around the country. That can't be preferable to playing in Victoria.

I also agree that there have been some rather confounding selection decisions in recent weeks. I really hope they look to lock in the preferred line-up by player and position (injuries aside) from here so there is some prospect of greater cohesion as we enter the finals.

H&A is all about putting yourselves in a position to play at the pointy end. Having got that done, we now need to focus all our energy on having the right group in the right form (and frame of mind) to attack our finals opponents. Simply have to be ruthless these next two weeks if we expect to hit September as a real contender.

So North should have kicked 2 goals, with both being from free kicks:

Ray Chamberlain has conceded he missed an obvious free kick against Zach Tuohy in Geelong’s 55-point win over North Melbourne.

The popular and outspoken umpire believes he should have awarded Kangaroos skipper Jack Ziebell a free kick in front of goal, after Tuohy illegally shoved him away from the contest.

If Ziebell had converted truly, North would have taken the lead in the second term.

Ray Chamberlain has conceded he missed an obvious free kick against Zach Tuohy in Geelong’s 55-point win over North Melbourne.

The popular and outspoken umpire believes he should have awarded Kangaroos skipper Jack Ziebell a free kick in front of goal, after Tuohy illegally shoved him away from the contest.

If Ziebell had converted truly, North would have taken the lead in the second term.

Everyone but the umpires knew that was a free.

Everyone but the umpires knew that was a free.

I sit that end and thought straight up it was free kick - when it wasn't called I could only reason it due to the umpires deciding both players took each other out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So North should have had 2 more shots at goal, with both being from free kicks:

Given they managed 1.8 on the night, I think the edit above might be slightly more apt.

Who would even bother listening to this peanut. He misses as many as he should not have paid. The game is already almost Non Contact but we are getting there.

Back from my 24 hour hiatus thanks to the Norf boys.
FWIW i think we did one of the best blanket jobs on the Roos that I've seen in awhile.
Mids pressure... Forwards pressure... both making easy work for the boys down back, who did well.
I love pressure, contested football. Cats working their way back into some form with September looming.
We made the Roos look like a VFL side. Our pressure be it actual or perceived worked a treat that made them look insipid impotent and they down right stunk it up on the hallowed grounds of Kardinia Park.
I am expecting good things in the coming weeks.
GO CATS!

Back from my 24 hour hiatus thanks to the Norf boys.
FWIW i think we did one of the best blanket jobs on the Roos that I've seen in awhile.
Mids pressure... Forwards pressure... both making easy work for the boys down back, who did well.
I love pressure, contested football. Cats working their way back into some form with September looming.
We made the Roos look like a VFL side. Our pressure be it actual or perceived worked a treat that made them look insipid impotent and they down right stunk it up on the hallowed grounds of Kardinia Park.
I am expecting good things in the coming weeks.
GO CATS!
How come you got banned but Sn.... never mind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back