Review Cats defeat Blues by 68 points - Rd 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking that as Menegola was dropped from the seniors & Tuohy was seen as a better option playing a similar forward flank told, Menegola was seen as close to BOG in last weeks VFL & then didn't make it past the emergencies, maybe he's been made to work for a recall & not just going to be an auto selection now he's fit

I noted last week against the Lions that Tuohy found heaps of space for a novice forward - unfortunately however I thought he was wasteful and indecisive when in possession.
2.2 this week, and looked a little more settled in his fresh role - he retains that happy knack for finding plenty of the ball, must be Irish running patterns.

I noted last week against the Lions that Tuohy found heaps of space for a novice forward - unfortunately however I thought he was wasteful and indecisive when in possession.
2.2 this week, and looked a little more settled in his fresh role - he retains that happy knack for finding plenty of the ball, must be Irish running patterns.
Defenders not picking him up because they think he's just lost

1 hour after the game? Going a bit early you reckon??

Last week's game finished around 5pm Melbourne time - there was over 30 pages in that thread by the time midnight ticked over

A lot quieter tonight after a win, with 6 pages in the thread and it's just gone midnight. Not sure we're going to see an influx of 25 more pages over the next 2 hours

He was asked about Stanley finding some form and possibly cementing a spot in the 22.

Basically said not sure, horses for courses, stanley was good but we have to pick the team that best suits the opposition.

Made to sound worse cos they just showed highlights of Stanley hand feeding Danger.

just keeping RS hungry

Last week's game finished around 5pm Melbourne time - there was over 30 pages in that thread by the time midnight ticked over

A lot quieter tonight after a win, with 6 pages in the thread and it's just gone midnight. Not sure we're going to see an influx of 25 more pages over the next 2 hours
Fear of loss is the strongest motivation. People posted up a storm because they were afraid we'd lose our dignity in a final.

Tigers beat them 73-45 a couple of weeks ago. Week before that the Eagles beat them 99-75. Carlton came in to this match top of the ladder match hardened, and had acquitted themselves well.

We did ok.

After a few weeks of quite arduous matchups that stressed us , this may have been a good time for a bit of a confidence enhancer.

Hawk is a worry, he escapes the spotlight when his form is down because who he is. I love the guy but he mopes around when the game doesn't go his way.
The coach screams when he has a day out...this is how we should put it to him all the time, yet a game like last week he get's poor delivery.
Narkle, Gaz & Dahl were good, hoping Rohan just had the 1st up back blues. Bring on the pies.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Narkle can be our best player in a couple of years.
He is fulfilling the potential that Cockatoo had. The only issue is that he’s not a big midfielder. But he’s clearly strong and likes to fend off players.

He’s a strange player for me. Usually aboriginal players are the silk on the outside. Tough as nails, but just not the midfield bulls that we traditionally see. Narkle is different. He’s a contested player. So he must be incredibly strong for his size.

For me, he will be the Selwood replacement that we are looking for.

For a player who I thought was a gamble recruitment to play a role as a small forward, he’s surprised the hell out of me. Not just because he’s owning a midfield role, but also because of the way he speaks and behaves. He is obviously a very loyal and very mentally resilient young man, but he also seems to have very natural leadership traits.

I could see him captaining the club some way into the future.

Last edited:
What's the general consensus around the Irish lads & intelligence, because it seems Tuohy's a little forgetful about events from last year

He must mean as a full time forward. He was only shifted forward against the dees for one quarter?

Gary Lyons was doing special comment too.

Wonder if he bumped into billy brownless at the game. Awkward.

And he’s tough. That’s one thing being a defender teaches you. How to get the ball away under pressure and how to tackle opposition players.

Have been burned by these flat track final round wins at KP but it was a good enough effort. Kolo for Hendo the only change you would think.
Thought Henderson was good. Would be stiff to miss out. His kick ins were good too.
May be a horses for courses thing depending on who we play...
(still not completely sold on Kolo )

Very happy with the pre final tune up
Stanley looked like he wanted it , Narkle brilliant after a second up quiet one last week Clearly they both stay in
Tuohy May keep Atkins out based on that effort and will be a hard call who to drop if Kolo comes back
Bews was also very good and must stay v Pies with their squad of smalls
All in all we’re in good shape for September action 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back