Review Cats defeat demons by 28 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Except it's the exact opposite of how you described it

SDK was there first, Weightman arrived late and while he did go lower, all he did was take out Sam's legs and thankfully for all involved there was no serious injury - at the time there was calls for Weightman to be suspended, such was how many deemed the actions by Weightman to be dangerous & what we don't want to see in the game

There were some comparing it to the Rohan/Taylor incident
Fair point. I could only go by the two static shots, I didn't have the luxury of being able to watch it at the time.

This looked pretty deliberate from Weightman

View attachment 1444408

The intent of such actions are, I believe, almost impossible to capture with stills, especially when just a couple.

For example, in those two pics I can see:

Weightman simply beating an opponent to the ball and accidentally taking the legs in that moment,

Or

Weightman rolling over the ball in a disguised attack on his opponents legs.

These actions can only be determined by video at normal speed imo. Only then can you 'see' the intent.

The intent of such actions are, I believe, almost impossible to capture with stills, especially when just a couple.

For example, in those two pics I can see:

Weightman simply beating an opponent to the ball and accidentally taking the legs in that moment,

Or

Weightman rolling over the ball in a disguised attack on his opponents legs.

These actions can only be determined by video at normal speed imo. Only then can you 'see' the intent.

And frustratingly, can't find a clip of this particular incident - it looked real dirty at the time

Looks to me like Weightman went in lower, and got there first. Under the rules of the game, yes, free kick every day of the week - but IMO it shouldn't be.

Thank goodness SDK was athletic enough to roll with that one and not stay stiff legged - if he stays stiff legged most likely a broken leg or a rooted knee - phew :eek:

True, but it would have been a charity vote behind Atkins and Blicavs.

He had a good game, and a really nice cameo - but that's not quite vote-worthy. Yet.
Those two can still get votes

Give Holmes the vote that went to Oliver

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw it in post match highlights but haven't seen it in posted clips - just before Close handballs to Duncan, you can see Lever who's standing on the mark turn his back on Close & looks to be conversing with a teammate closer to goal

With Lever not paying attention to Close, he uses that time to handball to Duncan who in turn can take a couple of extra steps as Lever has no idea what's happening
Yeah I noticed this too. Lever was so worried about his team mates manning blokes up inside 50 that he wasn’t even watching what close was doing.
Pretty funny.

It never ceases to amaze me listening to the footy media as they slowly talk themselves out of rating this win against Melbourne. Immediately after the game, they're all on board Geelong. Then over several days, they slowly talk themselves out of that position and find reasons to diminish the victory to nothing more than an aberration. Especially as the Geelong haters in the media get to work with changing the narrative.

The broadcasts for Richmond / Melb games are examples of shape shifting not to mention Robbo who had decided on all sorts of platforms. The excitement and gushing when Rioli kicks thst goal and when Petrarca does anything is just ridiculous. Someone on here posted Guthrie was in full beast mode v Oliver. Didn’t get a lot of likes and boy did the media miss it ALL except Daisy. She was onto it all. Gosh Duck is a dick in comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And on Footy Classified both Matthew Lloyd and Grant Thomas picked Geelong to beat Melbourne. Thomas has been on the Geelong bandwagon all year.

Neither of those are a good thing. Thomas is off his head most of the time. Lloyd’s conflicted with his brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rewatched the game.

Rohan/Stengle/Miers didn't get enough love in the review thread. Rohan was pretty much our only aerial presence contesting in the forward 50 across the whole game, and his pressure on Melbourne players was outstanding. Miers hands in contests and gut running in both directions also huge. Stengles game was unbelievable. He has this talent to nail the opposition player just as they are about to clear a contested zone. Three of four times Melbourne worked it out of a tight spot to a player on the outside..... who immediately got nailed by Stengle. MOC was also better than I thought. Just such an outstandind effort across four quarters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back