Review Cats defeat Doggies by 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It can be easy to win when you are playing well... but to dig your way out when you are up to your neck in it .. will give a lot of confidence to the side

Big tick to Dahlhaus. , Rohan and 2e

Not may favourite player LD ... but he put in took a hit and got the ball out at one stage to 2e, who was running hard with what is probably broken ribs.. and he hit up Hawkins ..goal Big Moment.

Rohan , was only sticky hands away from having a huge game... his defensive speed and then the physical deliverance when it hit is quite a weapon .. My bet the opposition have sore bodies. Not something id have expected from what has always been considered a fragile body. And then he got his reward, huge game , and I get the feeling he is playing as good as he ever has..

Bit of leanring night for Miers too. I glad he got a burst but id probably not be super critical of him..he is still learning 39 games in... but yes he should of hit up Rohan. My guess is after kicking the first two he wanted to back himself .. like I said learning lesson ..even when you are on look for the best option.

Danger probably the difference in the end around the ball. Just a Danger game. 3votes

Give a little bit of encouragement to Close .. two tackles great but now he has to nail those chances, if he is playing like Rohan with low possession then you must convert set shots in front

Guthrie too made significant contributions ..

We will see if this was the loss we had to have ..but we still had a win.

Last edited:
Is Guthrie a Brownlow smokey?
Thinking Danger may finish higher than we probably would predict - seems more likely to attract the attention of the umpires and is more of a known entity

Taking nothing away from Guthrie, but think he's going to do better attracting votes from the coaches

What a gutsy effort. Once we got going in the second quarter I was quietly confident. After the horrible start it was just a hard slog with players putting their bodies on the line and just kept pegging them back. 2E looked like the walking wounded but kept going. I loved Gary Rohan's effort and Luke Dalhaus silenced those who were booing him. I was proud of the whole team. I've been following the Cats for over 55 years and they've given us some heartbreak but the good times have been glorious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I started watching at quarter time, so my impression was overwhelmingly positive.

No interest in going back and rewatching the first quarter, funnily enough.

Where were you in the first quarter? Clearly the guys were waiting for you to tune in before they started playing. ;)

Very good win Geelong. Would have lost that a year ago. Coming along nicely. Paddy great game. Guthrie, Rohan, Stewart, the backline. Hawkins must have the smartest footy brain in the comp. Once they got going, everyone pitched in, tried hard and having to claw their way back and grind away- can only be good for them.

Great team building win. Massive for our confidence.

Someones going to be unlucky though, but we need to see what we look like with a genuine second tall playing next to Hawkins. Jenkins has to come in before the end of the season to see how it goes. With GAJ and Selwood auto selections it's gonna mean some tough calls at selection. Playing Jenkins and the defenders that we do makes us very tall and potentially slow...can all of Henry, MOC, and Kolo play in a team with Hendo and Taylor (both have to stay in) as well as Jenkins, Blitz, Hawkins, Stanley and Stewart....seems way too slow to me. We know what the weakness is: quick teams putting pressure on us, Richmond will be the next test against this style.

Does Cockatoo get a game? Close is the only obvious out from the game tonight for me, and that's a close call.

Miers, did some good things but im still not sold, his kicking style cost as an easy shot on goal to Rohan when the game was on the line. And he makes some dumb calls. We have a lot of dangerous smalls infront of goal to pick from and im not sure Miers has 100% locked in his selection.

9 days to think about it but i dont envy the calls Scott and the MC will be making over the next week.

Main feeling is that of relief, all I wanted was a nice relaxing win to end he week, I feel like I've just gone for a run.

Well we gave them a six goal start and just over ran them in the end, it would have been easy for our players to give up at quarter time, it says a lot about their belief as a group. not sure what WB are thinking with their rucks, once our guys got used to the fact the were nearly unopposed we killed them at the contest. So often we're starting play from a position of weakness, it really let us back into the game.

I keep being impressed by our teams ability to shift between the different phases of our gameplan it's like they have player don't seem to get caught out of the preferred structure. Quick handball heavy games will always hurt us given our general lack of pace and they had a really high press for the first half but they just ran out of legs, their injuries didn't help as well. It's hard to say if the first quarter was indicative of a flaw in our set up, did we have to many player hunting the ball leaving the opposition with a couple of free players defensive side. It was good to face their style of play, the coaches will definitely have to brain storm more ways to start our short kick mark chains.

Danger put in an epic second quarter and got us going...Stewart awesome up back ..Henry good again and then Rohan's final quarter was a tremendous performance...

And a pat on the back for Kolo...Wallis unsighted and largely Kolo's opponent...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back