Review Cats defeat Doggies by 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was awesome.

Stunck the first 1/4 up totally.

Gritty finals type win - and we needed it.

Dogs were good but a 37 point defecit to win is huge against a quality oppoonent.

GREAT effort Cats.

Lots to work on - but that was a GREAT ******* win

Haters can * off in this thread now.

Go Catters

MattyJayJ

Team Captain
Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
That is the best H&A win as a fan I can remember in recent history. I thought we were done at qtr time, the melts were on, I thought the bubble had burst and it was back to the Geelong of old. To give up a full quarter to the opposition and dig in for the rest of the game to win pretty convincingly in the end just goes to show that we are the real deal this year. I have full faith in this team to go all the way after that and I couldn’t be more proud of the boys. Danger and Rohan, Jesus Christ I haven’t seen tougher efforts from anyone else in the game. A loss wasn’t an option for those 2. I haven’t got a bad word to say about anyone, sing the song loud boys!

As much as I enjoyed that win I can’t help but feel we’d be better off losing.

This patches up a major, major fault in our game - first quarter chokes. Would have been great to have the spotlight on this on the eve of finals. Richmond or West Coast would have put us away.

On a side note I’ve never seen CS get into the song like that, he’s normally very composed post match. And has anyone else's BF shat the bed?

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Lots to learn from the first Q. Need to be better than that in a final. First time we've given up 6 goals in a row for the season, the good news is that we're the last club to do so. Great grind in the last 3 Qs to get the game back, never out of it even when they got cheap goals. The guys know what to do now when the run goes against them, hopefully it gives them the confidence they need to win the ball and regain control when the going gets tough.

After QT, if we lose that we put a line through us for the GF. But we won it, and hopefully it's the fire starter the guys need to know that from now on, it's game on.

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Today I said to my mate, I think Doggies will win and they will be a genuine threat for the flag.

After today's comeback and gallant win. I am ALL IN, CATS PREMIERS 2020. I'm not a pussy supporter, and I ain't being a humble softy. Its all or nothing this year.

Where is GF being played? If in Qld, or SA, you can lock us in. If its WA, then WCE cannot be underestimated in a home crowd. I think WCE will lose games again in the hub, they are a bit soft mentally away.

bigfarter

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Great win considering the terrible start. We have plenty of supporters here who give up at the first sign of resistance but at least the players don’t. More often than not when we give up those starts we fight back valiantly but fall just short. Was greatto see us go that extra mile tonight. Rohan and Dalhaus are enormous for the pressure they bring. Dal putting his body on the line to get a tap out to Tuohy was inspiring. Loving Brad Close’s effort in pressuring and tackling.

It wasn’t perfect by any means but it showed resilience and belief and might hold us in good stead for later in the year.

Sep 28, 2014
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Oh boy what a ride that was!
Danger, Hawkins, Rohan, Guthrie were huge in dragging us back
Henry made plenty of big plays and wow Dalhaus knock on was so good
I'm on cloud nine, need to settle before I review too much but boy this is why I love footy. Great comeback after a disastrous start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back