Review Cats defeat Saints by 45 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Esava is contracted for next year,
Oh I forgot about that. They are still talking him up for value
Yeah really interesting. I have no idea what he was referring to there. I presume not covid, pretty standard these days to list as H&S protocols.

Not even sure it was Blicavs that had the private issue, because he said you'd be able to connect the dots. Could be one of the inclusions that had the issue, i.e. they wanted to rest Blicavs but Tuohy or Menegola were under some kind of cloud, but once they were ok to go, they proceeded to rest Blics as planned.

Whoever it was hopefully they're ok and it's not something that will continue to be a problem over the next couple of months
I hope it's nothing more than Scotty trying to avoid a fine.

Nothing surer than stopping questioning these days tham saying I'd rather not say.

Because when Stewart is down Zuthrie beats his man and does a lot of Tom stuff.

Tonight;
Zuthrie had 7 intercepts, Stewart had 4 (averages 8.7 this season),
Zuthrie had 6 score involvements from def/mid, Stewart had 1 (averages 4.3 this season),
Zuthrie had 2 goal assists from getting it up the field (5 for the year), Stewart had 0 and has only had 4 for the year,
Zuthrie disposal efficiency tonight was 81%, Stewart went at 72% tonight (averages 85% this season),
Zuthrie had 18 effective disposals tonight, Stewart had 13 (averages 20 this season),

And then add in Zuthrie makes more tackles than Stewart this year, and bobs up with the odd goal which is a morale booster (Tom hasn't kicked a goal this season.)

Thats why Zuthrie won't get dropped. He is like a second Stewart and is great insurance for when he has one of his rare off nights.

I’m sure someone will make this point but they were tagging Stewart Sat, so having another Tomlike performer is a clear advantage. If they try to tag Zuthrie as well it might end up being man on man and we probably win that as most positions one on one are either equal or an add for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FFS are you kidding or a deliberate troll? Zuthrie has been very steady this year, and at times has been very good (see mark and goal tonight as one of many examples). Miers has grunt, elite fitness and good finishing, and is now fit. MOC is versatile and fit, but for me he is first off that list

Agreed. Miers is in a bit of form finally. There was piece of play where in about 2 seconds like tennis a player at the net he got it twice and pinpoint kicked it with smarts. It’s easier to detect some of this stuff at the ground. Stewart is just off after missing so much game time. Like Miers he’ll get it back but the tags on Guthrie and Stewart by the saints worked but James Kelly was saying from the inner sanctum before the game that in tagging you have to give up something which is why the Cats don’t like doing it as a rule. You shut down Guthrie opens up opportunities for others who you may not have as a well developed game plan for. He hinted that Atkins popping up in that last qtr was probably not what Port would have expected and they didn’t have a solution to combat and that is exactly how the cats like it.

Does anyone else think Miers' improvement in form has coincided with when he had a haircut?

I remember someone saying a few weeks back that his peripheral vision was being impaired by his hair, and that doesn't seem to be a problem anymore.

No

Menegolas bullet passess are a weapon. Created a couple of goals with them tonight. I counted 3. Staggered how so many people dont see the virtue of his penetrating kicks and only focus on the miskicks. Although we didnt see it tonight his marking up foward is also a weapon.

Agreed. He’s only lacking a bit of match fitness at the minute, often huge ones at certain points.

good to see logging the "i told you so" post now lmao.

Was wondering when it was coming.

GO Catters
I have enough I told you so's from the past 10 years - I don't need anymore. I'm just speaking facts... The wins are great but they are pretty much worthless once the season finishes if we continue to collapse in finals like we have been. At least we are giving ourselves the best chance - I'm happy the team has found its groove as well. Melbourne don't seem as dominant as last year but that could change if we drop a bit and they step it up a level.

Guthries terrible form 4 years ago also coincided with way too much bushy hair. There is a reason athletes shave their heads.

This is just brilliant.
You could beat LinkedIn to the punch and here I was just thinking you were crazy.

New potential draftees could just enter all their skill sets.

Can kick both feet - you are in the top 90% of candidates.
Can run 17km in a game - you are in the top 85% of candidates.
Can mark overhead - no change
Can tackle - no change
Know the head coach personally - you are in the top 50% of candidates
Can moonwalk - you are in the top 48% of candidates
Can shimmy - you are in the top 25% of candidates
My pores don’t absorb baby oil - you are in the top 15% of candidates
I’ve had a haircut - congratulations!! You are the leading candidate

So what happens from here?
This is a popular question from applicants.

Based on your skill set and the position advertised any future applicant showing that they can perform the buss stop will see you drop below them.

Msg: ‘but I’ve just learned how to kick a banana with both feet from 40m. Surely that helps?’

A: yes it would. However if the other applicant can demonstrate dancing to gangnam style you would find yourself in serious deficit.

you still haven't given your opinion Johnny Burgess? 10th cup or not.. call it or squib it...

I can’t see how a call like that matters.
Although I did call top 4 as locked after the Richmond game. But you still wouldn’t.

We are a game clear on top.
It’s a good place to be in. We look quite hard to beat.

This isn’t premier league. There’s finals to deal with.
I’m happy to call it week by week.
I’m not calling anything 7 weeks out.

Because it means nothing.

If, perish the thought, Stewart is held by a defensive forward, then there is a good case for Zac Guthrie to stay in the side; he has attacking attributes.

In any event, I think that, as in 2011, when he went for Duncan and Hawkins rather than Milburn and Mooney, Scott should favour youth for the finals. Zac Guthrie, Holmes, Parfitt, Stengle, Sam DEK should all be in if they are fit and ready to go. Thus Menegola may be vulnerable.

A defender will thus probably have to go and it shouldn't be Henry who can play forward or back and even take the odd hitout as he did on Saturday night. This would make the Shark and/or Rohan vulnerable.

It's a great problem to have at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFLCA votes:

6 -
Max Holmes (GEEL)
6 - Brandan Parfitt (GEEL)
6 - Sam De Koning (GEEL)
5 - Cameron Guthrie (GEEL)
4 - Isaac Smith (GEEL)
2 - Zach Guthrie (GEEL)
1 - Sam Menegola (GEEL)

Amazing votes really, shows a great spread and I don't disagree with any of it.
How bloody good has Holmes been going lately.

Amazing votes really, shows a great spread and I don't disagree with any of it.
How bloody good has Holmes been going lately.
Holmes all round game has improved out of sight this year - particularly his kicking.
If he can start averaging in the mid 20's possession wise as he did at the weekend we will really have something special. :thumbsu:

AFLCA votes:

6 -
Max Holmes (GEEL)
6 - Sam De Koning (GEEL)
4 - Isaac Smith (GEEL)
2 - Zach Guthrie (GEEL)
1 - Sam Menegola (GEEL)
= team effort

AFLCA votes:

6 -
Max Holmes (GEEL)
6 - Sam De Koning (GEEL)
4 - Isaac Smith (GEEL)
2 - Zach Guthrie (GEEL)
1 - Sam Menegola (GEEL)
It's a whipping boy bonanza! Sensational effort from the car wash crew...

:cool:

Sorry haven't read whole thread, but is Dangerfields calf injury going to see him out for a few weeks?

I don't think it was an injury as much as "calf awareness". He was doing short sprints in the warm-up before going off so it can't be too serious. That said, I'd be happy to keep him home this week to avoid ANY risk and give him a final hit-out against the Eagles.

Holmes all round game has improved out of sight this year - particularly his kicking.
If he can start averaging in the mid 20's possession wise as he did at the weekend we will really have something special. :thumbsu:
We have something special already when his mins per game goes up he will get 20s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back