Review Cats defeat Saints by 45 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miers is bets 22 when he plays like he has lately and i would be dropping Gola first.

I really like our forward group of Hawkin, Cameron, Stengle, Close, Miers and Rohan and think that is our forward 6 we should go into finals with.

Gola is fighting for a spot with Holmes and Smith for mine and i prefer those 2
I think everyone will get a go if we go deep into the finals. It's just the way things have been with this squad. Very rarely unchanged as someone has some sort of injury or niggle. Means that we have the healthiest, near 100% fitness team on the park at any one time, which is a big requirement for our type of play. If we get to the GF, then it's worth asking these questions of XXX vs YYY. Until then, as Scott says, these things have a way of sorting themselves out.

CS has said before as a hypothetical about all teams - is that for the winning team - the entire squad got them into a premiership - therefore the entire squad should get medals.

I agree. It is very clever pre-planned tactical management strategy.
If you are upfront about managing star players, it provides them ammo..
e.g. Cats thinks we are so bad they rest players against us... we'll show them.
Making a late change instead, stops their pre-planning and gives them false relief instead... win-win
Like wise by pretending players are returning from injury is also a means of "foxing"... win-win-win
Art of War : "When you are strong make them think you are weak."
Really well thought out and stated by you. Makes alot of sense.

Miers is bets 22 when he plays like he has lately and i would be dropping Gola first.

I really like our forward group of Hawkin, Cameron, Stengle, Close, Miers and Rohan and think that is our forward 6 we should go into finals with.

Gola is fighting for a spot with Holmes and Smith for mine and i prefer those 2
Personally I'm happy with that and would think Gola as a sub could be a superb asset.

However I'm just thinking of what the MC favours historically. That is definitely Menegola without question. Rohan the same, as long as he is fully fit. If there are fitness questions over either, they wouldn't risk them, but it would be quite unexpected for them to drop Sam otherwise.

you still haven't given your opinion Johnny Burgess? 10th cup or not.. call it or squib it...
pull your head in and keep the name calling out of it.

People dont have to be black and white like you and they certainly dont have to do it on your schedule.

GO Catters

LOL, on Fox tonight they've been talking up Windhager's job on Cam Guthrie last week. Didn't Guthrie end up getting coaches votes?
Both Guthrie brothers got votes

VOTES PLAYER (CLUB)
6 - Max Holmes (GEEL)
6 - Brandan Parfitt (GEEL)
6 - Sam De Koning (GEEL)
5 - Cameron Guthrie (GEEL)
4 - Isaac Smith (GEEL)
2 - Zach Guthrie (GEEL)
1 - Sam Menegola (GEEL)

Max King kicking 0.5 in his next game……SDK has broken him

Both Guthrie brothers got votes

VOTES PLAYER (CLUB)
6 - Max Holmes (GEEL)
6 - Brandan Parfitt (GEEL)
6 - Sam De Koning (GEEL)
5 - Cameron Guthrie (GEEL)
4 - Isaac Smith (GEEL)
2 - Zach Guthrie (GEEL)
1 - Sam Menegola (GEEL)
And judging by the Votes both coaches gave him some so he must have done a s**t job according to them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back