Review Cats down Blues by 13 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

I know - we've had players fined for staging in previous seasons

But as it stands, the MRO has fined Henry for striking and not Willams for staging

Henry/Geelong can submit a written appeal, and even if that's accepted by the panel with Henry no longer having to pay a fine, it doesn't then equate to Williams being fined for staging

As of this afternoon's MRO findings, Willams has no case to answer and that's not going to change
Let’s leave the discussion about staging/Henry’s coat hanger etc for a moment . Williams clearly changed direction and moved to interfere with Henry’s run at the ball when it was many meters away. Isn’t that a free kick anyway?

Koolo's enthusiasm is contagious. His comment that the Cats supporters were really loud + players thrive on that energy, great to hear. His joy for Cuthrie's return is palpable. Terrific interview.

Should we be worried that kingy now has the Cats number 1 out of the “3” who he believes can win it?
King needs to put the lid tightly back on. Yes, it's a worry, he's jinxed us now. I prefer flying under the radar.

Keep Calm + Keep the Lid Firmly On.png

King needs to put the lid tightly back on. Yes, it's a worry, he's jinxed us now. I prefer flying under the radar.

View attachment 1975730
He had us bottom 4 before the season began with "no chance of making finals".

Which is why I'll never get annoyed by people like him. It is highly entertaining when they get things so wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just love + appreciate you posting these articles from social media, cats_09

Outstanding points, from the article:

"Geelong had contributors across every line. That started in the backline where Jake Kolodjashnij, Jack Henry and Sam De Koning combined for 19 spoils and 21 one percenters, working together to nullify the offensive threats of Charlie Curnow and Harry McKay in particular, deep in Carlton’s attacking 50.

Kolodjashnij also had a game-high five contested defensive one-on-one wins.

Guthrie brothers, Zach and the returning Cam, Max Holmes and Henry combined for 30 intercept possessions and capitalised on the turnover rebounding the ball forward to great effect generating scores from half back.

Duncan’s 19 effective disposals the most of any player on the ground.

Tanner Bruhn (19 disposals, 4 centre clearances), Brandan Parfitt (17 disposals, 6 score involvements) and Jack Bowes (14 disposals, 10 tackles) all played their role again."

Here's the kicker for anti Stanley people:
"As did Ruck Rhys Stanley who demonstrated his athleticism and work rate late in the game, outworking his opponent to push forward and provide a contest in the air which brought the ball to ground and led to the match sealer.

Cam Guthrie (27 disposals) and Patrick Dangerfield (16 disposals, 3 clearances).

Gryan Miers was the number one ranked player on the ground and along with Brad Close brought the heat combining for 52 pressure acts.

The victory against Carlton saw Tom Hawkins reach 250 career wins."

1714511116638.png

Stanley shepherding + Parfitt at the ready :hearteyecat:

Cuthrie Post Game Interview: :hearteyecat:

Cuthrie - Post Carlton Interview.png

"So let's go Cats" :hearteyecat:
Cuthrie - Post Carlton Interview-Let'sGoCats.png

Which is why I'll never get annoyed by people like him. It is highly entertaining when they get things so wrong.
Oh! I agree Mr Meow. He has no dignity, mouths off, writes us off at the beginning of the season + now we're 7-0 he's had to capitulate (again) + acknowledge our success, with firmly gritted cheeks. He's hilarious.

King can't help himself with the back handed compliment.
Second on his list but potting the Coach.
I reckon King was also giving back handed compliments too. It's a tiny sook, implying: Carlton had to kick goals further back because Geelong wouldn't let them get any closer :joycat:

He is trying to say, we don't have the best players, but we do have the best coach. Is that enough to win you a flag?
Yet most of our 22 are premiership winners from 2022. We have a young MF sure, even so, Dangerfield is phenomenal (damn it he's injured), Cuthrie will join it soon. Our forward + backlines are strong. We may have a few players who are not elite. King now has to acknowledge our 7-0, yet include some sort of criticism. I cannot take him seriously + laugh, when he writes us off at the beginning of the season, then has swallow his words. He's been the same for years.

ESPN’s Jake Michaels doesn’t like us 😂
Collingwood or Richmond supporter do you think?

1. Forget the score, Carlton's definitely a better team than Geelong​

You can tell me to look at the final score -- and ladder -- all you like, but there's no way you'll convince me the Cats are a better football team than the Blues in 2024.

On Saturday afternoon at the MCG, Carlton dominated Geelong in just about every major area. The Blues finished +35 in disposals, +21 in inside 50s, +19 in contested possessions, +6 in clearances, and had more shots at goal, yet inefficiency forward of centre meant it was the Cats celebrating at fulltime.

Since 2003, there had been 191 instances (not including this effort from the Blues) of teams enjoying such stark advantages in these areas. The win-loss record of those sides was 187-4.

Champion Data's expected scores tell us instead of a 13-point win to the Cats, the two sides should have played out a draw. But even that feels generous to Geelong. My eyes tell me the game wasn't remotely close.

Accuracy, or in Carlton's case, inaccuracy, fluctuates week to week. The numbers would suggest that if you played this game 10 times, the Blues win seven or eight of them, at the very least!

For all of those reasons, I'm not concerned about Carlton and its premiership aspirations. In my mind, they remain far more likely than the Cats to go all the way this season. In fact, I'd go further. Sydney, GWS, Melbourne and Carlton are all better premiership chances in 2024 than Geelong. Stick that in your time capsules.

A phenomenal game film, especially being in the rooms at half time. Marking + goal kicking was super. Again, fantastic to see players shepherding + supporting one another. Cats are a tactically brilliant footy team. The cohesion is inspiring, every player contributing. The camaraderie, encouragement + praise between the players provides elation to supporters. Scotty isn't a bad coach either ;)

Dear God I love our team

Valentines Day Love GIF

You can tell me to look at the final score -- and ladder -- all you like, but there's no way you'll convince me the Cats are a better football team than the Blues in 2024.

On Saturday afternoon at the MCG, Carlton dominated Geelong in just about every major area. The Blues finished +35 in disposals, +21 in inside 50s, +19 in contested possessions, +6 in clearances, and had more shots at goal, yet inefficiency forward of centre meant it was the Cats celebrating at fulltime.

Since 2003, there had been 191 instances (not including this effort from the Blues) of teams enjoying such stark advantages in these areas. The win-loss record of those sides was 187-4.

Champion Data's expected scores tell us instead of a 13-point win to the Cats, the two sides should have played out a draw. But even that feels generous to Geelong. My eyes tell me the game wasn't remotely close.

Accuracy, or in Carlton's case, inaccuracy, fluctuates week to week. The numbers would suggest that if you played this game 10 times, the Blues win seven or eight of them, at the very least!

For all of those reasons, I'm not concerned about Carlton and its premiership aspirations. In my mind, they remain far more likely than the Cats to go all the way this season. In fact, I'd go further. Sydney, GWS, Melbourne and Carlton are all better premiership chances in 2024 than Geelong. Stick that in your time capsules.
That's got King "I've got Collingwood and Hawthorn ahead" circa 2011 written all over it.

Way too early to discuss premiership favouritism for any team.
Not sure why this is such a big ticket talking point for the media wonks so early this year.

funny after round three he said we are an injury to tom stewart away from a suspect back six and that we will learn a lot about the cats with games against bulldogs, lions, blues and dees.

we have won against three of the four and beat the blues without Tom Stewart
young fella needs to stick to reporting on motor Racing

Champion Data's expected scores tell us instead of a 13-point win to the Cats, the two sides should have played out a draw
If he has just stopped here, while it would still be wrong, you could view his points as feasible.

It's a different perspective than many, but it's within the realms of reason and possibility.

But even that feels generous to Geelong. My eyes tell me the game wasn't remotely close.

This is on the other hand goes down the route of deluded BigFooty troll very quickly, and gives the impression that he doesn't watch a lot of football, or how Geelong want to play.

In fact, I'd go further. Sydney, GWS, Melbourne and Carlton are all better premiership chances in 2024 than Geelong. Stick that in your time capsules.

Anyone want to explain to him that he's not exactly going out on a limb here, or making a hot take?

In other words, "In a premiership decided by 8 clubs, I believe it's more likely that the winner will come from one of these 4, than just that 1."

He's basically taking the field vs Geelong in betting terms, and masquerading it as some kind of 4D chess manoeuvre to prove his point.

Way too early to discuss premiership favouritism for any team.
Not sure why this is such a big ticket talking point for the media wonks so early this year.

Not necessarily

We know things can change, but we're kinda at that point of the season were we're going to start seeing minimal change to the teams in the top 8, though their finishing positions will still bounce around

This is around the time you start to get an idea of the teams that are ahead of the pack, those with no hope in season 2024 and those who need something to click to become a contender

I agree I find it funny. That he is the “best analyst in the business” with it seems the absolute worst predictions. Like any economist he sounds very knowledgeable, can explain what happened and mixes up what should happen (based on his analysis) with what will happen. And is always wrong. But keeps employed can explain very well what just happened and why it turn out like he said giving hope that next prediction might be right.

He had st kilda top 4 which was to us non analytical people seemed just plain silly. And his record over the years is laughable. But actually becoming enjoyable

Remove this Banner Ad

Back