Review Cats flog West Coast by 85 points for PFD 300th

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel really sorry for Kolodjashnij. His second concussion recently, and when he’s been in what I think is the best form of his career the last month. I hope he‘ll recover ok.
He’s been attacking the ball and has been alot more daring. He was very noticeable at the start of the game.

He should be right for the first game - depending who we play. If not, well, we’re brimming with defenders at the
Moment.

Bailey Williams is rubbish so Im not getting too excited but he took a step forward tonight.
Williams played his best game but Ceglar was
He’s been attacking the ball and has been alot more daring. He was very noticeable at the start of the game.

He should be right for the first game - depending who we play. If not, well, we’re brimming with defenders at the
Moment.
Great call 00VicWard001
He’s adapting to our game style and taking the footy at speed with purpose at last - he’s a massive unit and when he does that he’s very , very hard to tackle or stop.
He’s also kicking more instinctively and is doing it so much better than when he took eons to think and execute.
There’s no weak link in this side at the moment👍👍

Williams played his best game but Ceglar was

Great call 00VicWard001
He’s adapting to our game style and taking the footy at speed with purpose at last - he’s a massive unit and when he does that he’s very , very hard to tackle or stop.
He’s also kicking more instinctively and is doing it so much better than when he took eons to think and execute.
There’s no weak link in this side at the moment👍👍
I notice that when he tackles - he really takes them down. It’s almost like he’s making a point - “you’re not getting past me”.

10 clearances, 24 touches and 29 hit outs.

Haters have gone quiet

He was good against the dogs but miles better in this game (mids had better sync reading his taps too) very influential tap work and miles better around the ground. Im still not sure him and rhys cam fit in the same side but its a great option to have.

I actually thought all our fringe guys were good-zuthrie was solid again, miers workrate and creativity great, rohan competed and chased very well, even sav looked better down back than fwd (id keep him there at vfl level) and moc was better than his last few weeks. And yet most of them (at least 4) will get dropped for the first final if all are fit...we have great depth.

I notice that when he tackles - he really takes them down. It’s almost like he’s making a point - “you’re not getting past me”.
It can be a game of attrition and making the tackles hurt, relentless physical contact, 1% ers, praising your team mates , picking them up off the ground and working your arse off when you’re not in possession are what makes.a Premiership side.
There is no better team than us at our best this season, I’m f****g pumped😁

Rhys certainly has cegs for speed around the ground and athletic ability but cegs has him for actual tapwork and ability to bear hug driving tackles.

Rhys certainly has cegs for speed around the ground and athletic ability but cegs has him for actual tapwork and ability to bear hug driving tackles.
I was referring to Kolo re tackling - but it fits for Ceglar too. He’s not someone who backs down - he’s a bit of a Nankervis in my eyes.

He’s actually not bad at all as a back up. him and Rhys aren’t that far apart in overall output - they just have slightly different strengths and weaknesses.

It can be a game of attrition and making the tackles hurt, relentless physical contact, 1% ers, praising your team mates , picking them up off the ground and working your arse off when you’re not in possession are what makes.a Premiership side.
There is no better team than us at our best this season, I’m f****g pumped😁
The player I love seeing tackled the most is Viney. The tough guy on angry pills who is their team enforcer. Hammer him relentlessly and suddenly - the others are vulnerable.

Not really. He did what he should have playing on a 26-gamer, who incidentally had 25 disposals, six marks (out marking Ceglar numerous times) and 5 clearances. He was far from disgraced.

Stanley will be sleeping very soundly.

Stanley will be sleeping soundly because a) hes the incumbent ruck and b) its too late to play both rucks together in finals when we havent been able to try it during the year so ceglars game tonight doesnt change selection but he was much much better than you gave him credit for-he was in the top 5 on either side tonight.

First half was best i've seen Holmes. Considering his field kicking was a weakness initially.... wow.

Sav is ok in defence. Yes, his kicking is loopy, but his field kicking was never terrible, just his goal kicking. Happy to keep him as depth if nobody tries to poach him, Would be bloody useful whenever SDK couldn't play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure he was also knocked out in the VFL.

Not this season he wasn't - not sure when the last time that JK played VFL. He missed 2 senior matches this year; straight up after the here bye due to H&SP, and then concussion in round 17

We've had a few players concussed in VFL matches this season including, Menegola, Neale & Ceglar

Brandan Parfitt: 28 Disposals, 15 Kicks, 13 Handballs, 3 Marks, 3 Tackles, 7 Clearances... Art Vandelay_ hang your head in shame.

The player I love seeing tackled the most is Viney. The tough guy on angry pills who is their team enforcer. Hammer him relentlessly and suddenly - the others are vulnerable.
Great point- statements can be made when you take away the opposition’s biggest strengths 00VicWard001 - and we’ve got the coach and cattle to do that this season ✅

Selwood has had very few concussions over his career. I remember a horrendous one v Freo a few years back, but reckon he has been concussed less than five times in 15 years. A Cut eye is not concussion.

Cripes. He truly IS 'harder than a cat's head' then. I could have sworn he'd been knocked out more than the recommended number of times. Must be all the vision of him bleeding and bandaged, waving off the medicos because see ball/get ball was still in effect as his prime directive.

Brandan Parfitt: 28 Disposals, 15 Kicks, 13 Handballs, 3 Marks, 3 Tackles, 7 Clearances... Art Vandelay_ hang your head in shame.
Nah I’m all good thanks all the same. You really want to start this and try and get another day off?

I have made one comment on this match. About Ceglar.

When I say nothing about Parfitt it means he’s played well. Has been good since he returned from injury, funny what competition for places does for a player.

The one against St Kilda round 1 of 2011 was also pretty bad - it's the one I always remember

Yep. He and Farren Ray both came at the ball from opposite directions. Ray got reported but cleared of any wrongdoing. There was nothing nasty in the intent.

Chris Scott's very first game as senior coach!

Nah I’m all good thanks all the same. You really want to start this and try and get another day off?

When I say nothing about Parfitt it means he’s played well. Has been good since he returned from injury, funny what competition for places does for a player.

Gotta remember Parfitt is usually pretty beaten up by this time most years, He's come back from his hand injury without strapping on his shoulders for the first time in years and I suspect its contributing to his hand speed chasing contested balls- seems to be getting more influential flicks on the ball than used to.

Why do posters keep quoting you on parfitt?? I imagine you are enjoying seeing him play well. Why wouldnt you be?

Your shoulder pretty much is responsible for all movements of the arm, if you have done moderate to severe damage you will really notice it! They will be either holding it in a comfortable position cradling it or have it in a sling. You will notice alot of movement limitations and pain. He looked in no discomfort and was moving his arm very freely. Doesnt look from the naked eye without an actual assessment to be a worry
I hope so. I had a shoulder reco from a SLAP tear. Could move shoulder pretty well before the op, but was utterly useless putting any load on it. Was he avoiding shaking hands?

The bump was so innocuous. Really hoping it is nothing for Guth. Scott said he could hv gone back on. He normally touches his nose, if there is a fib. He looked unflinching.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back