Review Cats ground Bombers by 77 point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cat's backline doesn't need Esava.
Said it at the start of the year, he is SDK depth, and we were too tall V Sydney. You could consider him against Carlton if they had McKay and Curnow, not too many teams have 2 tall dominant forwards.

How many 31 year olds in AFL history off a year long injury would be worth a top 10 pick? Would only be a handful in the last 10 years.

Of the current AFL players, probably only Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Hawkins, Dangerfield, Gawn and Franklin would command a top 10 pick at 31.

Honestly don't think any of them would demand that kind of trade value in that hypothetical, even if Hawkins/Danger would have justified such a trade given their output after that age. Just too much risk with older players and injury- Too easy to get the Nic Nat situation.

Honestly don't think any of them would demand that kind of trade value in that hypothetical, even if Hawkins/Danger would have justified such a trade given their output after that age. Just too much risk with older players and injury- Too easy to get the Nic Nat situation.
I am basing mine absolutely on the fact I know that from the age of 31 onwards Hawkins, Franklin, Gawn, Danger etc would be worth it because we have seen their output since then.

You just never know when the cliff will hit. How many people thought Smith would be as good for us as he has been?

Update

Here is the leaderboard for number of times listed in the coaches votes (only multiples included):

1. Tom Stewart (8)
2. Patrick Dangerfield (5)
2. Jeremy Cameron (5)
2. Tom Hawkins (5)
2. Tom Atkins (5)
6. Max Holmes (4)
6. Mark Blicavs (4)
6. Gryan Miers (4)
9. Esava Ratugolea (3)
9. Brad Close (3)
9. Isaac Smith (3)
12. Mitch Duncan (2)
12. Gary Rohan (2)
12. Mark O'Connor (2)

Or expressed as % of full games played this season (not counting early injury games):

1. Tom Stewart (8/15 = 53%)
2. Patrick Dangerfield (5/10 = 50%)
3. Jeremy Cameron (5/14 = 36%)
4. Tom Hawkins (5/17 = 29%)
4. Tom Atkins (5/17 = 29%)
4. Max Holmes (4/14 = 29%)
7. Esava Ratugolea (3/12 = 25%)
8. Gryan Miers (4/17 = 24%)
8. Mark Blicavs (4/17 = 24%)
10. Brad Close (3/16 = 19%)
10. Isaac Smith (3/16 = 19%)
12. Gary Rohan (2/11 = 18%)
12. Mitch Duncan 2/11 = 18%)
13. Mark O'Connor (2/16 = 13%)

Atkins and Stewart's strong form continues, with Stewart a real chance at a B&F. Close and Miers are bobbing up a bit lately. Great to see Maxy featuring again. Hawkins the ever present even if Grimoz calls for his retirement most weeks. Blicavs a bit unlucky I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Update

Here is the leaderboard for number of times listed in the coaches votes (only multiples included):

1. Tom Stewart (8)
2. Patrick Dangerfield (5)
2. Jeremy Cameron (5)
2. Tom Hawkins (5)
2. Tom Atkins (5)
6. Max Holmes (4)
6. Mark Blicavs (4)
6. Gryan Miers (4)
9. Esava Ratugolea (3)
9. Brad Close (3)
9. Isaac Smith (3)
12. Mitch Duncan (2)
12. Gary Rohan (2)
12. Mark O'Connor (2)

Or expressed as % of full games played this season (not counting early injury games):

1. Tom Stewart (8/15 = 53%)
2. Patrick Dangerfield (5/10 = 50%)
3. Jeremy Cameron (5/14 = 36%)
4. Tom Hawkins (5/17 = 29%)
4. Tom Atkins (5/17 = 29%)
4. Max Holmes (4/14 = 29%)
7. Esava Ratugolea (3/12 = 25%)
8. Gryan Miers (4/17 = 24%)
8. Mark Blicavs (4/17 = 24%)
10. Brad Close (3/16 = 19%)
10. Isaac Smith (3/16 = 19%)
12. Gary Rohan (2/11 = 18%)
12. Mitch Duncan 2/11 = 18%)
13. Mark O'Connor (2/16 = 13%)

Atkins and Stewart's strong form continues, with Stewart a real chance at a B&F. Close and Miers are bobbing up a bit lately. Great to see Maxy featuring again. Hawkins the ever present even if Grimoz calls for his retirement most weeks. Blicavs a bit unlucky I reckon.
Still think Miers has been royal robbed of votes this year

Just like with the Brownlow, some players will always get votes for cameo performances. Kind of a default selection when it's too hard to choose a more obscure player who had impact. They really are popularity contests sometimes.

Said it at the start of the year, he is SDK depth, and we were too tall V Sydney. You could consider him against Carlton if they had McKay and Curnow, not too many teams have 2 tall dominant forwards.
What about Brisbane. Hipwood 203cm and Daniher at 201.
SDK takes Hipwood. Sav or Henry to Joe?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

What about Brisbane. Hipwood 203cm and Daniher at 201.
SDK takes Hipwood. Sav or Henry to Joe?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

What was the match ups in the prelim final?
SDK -> Daniher
Henry -> Hipwood
Kolodjashnin -> McStay

Seemed up work pretty well

I'm tipping that one of the coaches values the importance of using the ball to advantage, Max butchered it far too often to get 5 from me.
Except that argument doesnt hold relative to atkins.

both had disposal efficiency of 57 per cent even though holmes was more prone to kicks then atkins was.

holmes also had only 2 clangers in 33 possessions. Thats extremely low. Atkins had 5 clangers.

you cant give the 5 to atkins over holmes based on a belief that holmes disposal wasnt up to scratch whereas atkins was.

both had disposal efficiency of 57 per cent even though holmes was more prone to kicks then atkins was.

holmes also had only 2 clangers in 33 possessions. Thats extremely low. Atkins had 5 clangers.

you cant give the 5 to atkins over holmes based on a belief that holmes disposal wasnt up to scratch whereas atkins was.
You do realise that frees against are counted as changers? Atkins had 3. Holmes 0.

Atkins had twelve tackles and nine clearances against Holmes zero and three, yet you're saying Holmes was clearly best on ground, why, based on his five extra disposals?

Couldn't be that you're a tad biased when it comes to Atkins by any chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back