Review Cats keep 20+ year Crows drought at KP going with 26 point win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching Knevitt win his 1-on-1 battles on the wing was deeply satisfying. I'm going to love watching him, Sav, and Simpson develop, though Simpson is obviously a lot further along. Such a gun of a young player and his skills will only sharpen in time which is crazy to me; he is already so good. I can see why they call him Silky.

Besides Collingwood, the Crows are the easily best team we've played this year. Notching a 26 point win against them is excellent, especially with Danger missing a half. I know they have James Rahilly on their coaching staff, which is a brilliant get for them. We didn't shrug their tackles as easily as we did Sydney or Essendon's, so their players are not tiny little bird boned boys lmao. We usually bully teams physically and we could not bully them. I rate the Crows. I really do. And the Tigers are nowhere near the level of the Crows. Yes, we have injuries--our mids are especially concerning--but if we can beat the Crows with basically the same list (though with Danger missing a whole game) we can beat the Tigers.

This was a good win against excellent opposition.

2 points.

I was wrong about Esava being a spud. has found his spot.

Simpson deserves a bit more love people. He's a mid fielder playing forward, played the second half sore last week and he's managed 4 goals in two game with none of them being gifts. He's halved a heap of 70/30 contests and been a surprisingly hard nut when going for the pill.

He's playing for his career at the moment and it shows in his effort, I really hope he's able to cement a spot and stay healthy because he's just the sort of player I love to watch.
I wonder whether he is a sneaky chance to get some midfield minutes? I think that long term we should be grooming him toward that to fill that “age gap”. He is a hard nut but also does have a burst and some fancy footwork so I think complements Bruhn and Atkins long term (alongside Max) in addition to Danger and Guth and Blitz.

Having Simpson put some pressure on MF to continue to perform to keep spot can only be a good thing - as our forward line is stacked with options (and he and others can also rotate through it). Simpson has spent time this year in VFL through the middle

I wonder whether he is a sneaky chance to get some midfield minutes? I think that long term we should be grooming him toward that to fill that “age gap”. He is a hard nut but also does have a burst and some fancy footwork so I think complements Bruhn and Atkins long term (alongside Max) in addition to Danger and Guth and Blitz.

Having Simpson put some pressure on MF to continue to perform to keep spot can only be a good thing - as our forward line is stacked with options (and he and others can also rotate through it). Simpson has spent time this year in VFL through the middle
Doubt it even at full flight he wasnt given much mid time at all, expect that opportunity is given to Bruhn and Knevitt tbh.

This is a great package…well done to media team. Gave me goosebumps watching the 5 20yo boys each have a highlight.

The future is here! Youngsters excelling, plenty of guys in their prime doing well, veterans for the most part looking good. Great time to be a Cats fan even in an injury tsunami.

Gotta remember in 2020 on he was mostly playing full time mid (along with Parfitt) at the same time we had Duncan/Selwood/Guthrie/Danger as the main mid crew and Ablett in the team.

The team structure has shifted a bit now but his IMO skillset is still best suited to working in congestion between the arcs, not inside them. Right now he's keeping Stengle's seat warm, but when Tyson or Rohan get back on the park then I expect he will end up in the midfield rotation giving the oldies more of a chance to rest.

Gotta remember in 2020 on he was mostly playing full time mid (along with Parfitt) at the same time we had Duncan/Selwood/Guthrie/Danger as the main mid crew and Ablett in the team.

The team structure has shifted a bit now but his IMO skillset is still best suited to working in congestion between the arcs, not inside them. Right now he's keeping Stengle's seat warm, but when Tyson or Rohan get back on the park then I expect he will end up in the midfield rotation giving the oldies more of a chance to rest.
He literally attended a handful of centre bounces in 2020 not sure where this narrative that Simpson was ever a mid has come from, lot better used off a wing or flank and will be exactly where he keeps playing for mine.

He literally attended a handful of centre bounces in 2020 not sure where this narrative that Simpson was ever a mid has come from, lot better used off a wing or flank and will be exactly where he keeps playing for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back