Review Cats keep 20+ year Crows drought at KP going with 26 point win.

Remove this Banner Ad

What is Kelli underwood’s fascination about where players are from? Deadset all she offered during commentary was each players hometown. Then the who is the bigger loss danger or Murray. That call was up there with ‘hawthorn taking on the ahhhhh…. Orange team’

He reminds me of a young Joel Corey. Tall, rangy type with excellent running capacity. If he turns out to be half as good as Smithy then we've done well.

He looked like a player who now is starting to believe he can play at the level. Looked a lot more assured with ball in hand like someone who isn't concerned as much about making a mistake. His overhead marking was outstanding and his composure in traffic really impressed me, there was no panicking.

Tanner Bruhn's last quarter was huge. It's sometimes these small patches of the game that can provide the confidence boost a young player needs to go on with it. With our midfield depleted we'll need them to carry the can in the short term, it's a great opportunity for them and I'm excited to see what they can do.
Knevitt seems one of those players where his AFL output will almost equal his VFL output based off his athletic profile being very suited to the game and transferable.. unique almost. Can see him once he bulks up being a very good contested midfielder

The umpires in our game didn't support the AFL position on tackling in my opinion there were ample opportunities for them to blow the whistle and pay a holding the ball decision Saturday and enforce the idea you don't have to kill or maim you opponent to be rewarded and they failed miserably.

I know we have to support the guy who gos for the ball..but the world has changed..They have to pay HTB a bit quicker

If we beat Richmond next week I'll eat my hat. And I'll film it.
They have a hawthorn like knack of priming themselves for games against us… no matter ladder position. Their midfield will belt ours with its current depletion of our two best mids out.

They can turn it on at the MCG a bit and be pluckish. Pushed collingwood along way and draw with the blues.. they will be tough.

I don’t see this an easy one.

What is Kelli underwood’s fascination about where players are from? Deadset all she offered during commentary was each players hometown. Then the who is the bigger loss danger or Murray. That call was up there with ‘hawthorn taking on the ahhhhh…. Orange team’
Dont forget about the iconic "Jimmy Bartel" point after the siren to win against the hawks in 2009, that commentary by her ruined one of the best momments in footy history, malcolm blight was calling it and she just took over.

LOL wasn't focused when I looked at this, at first glance I thought you were referring to Derwayne :laughv1:
Those two would be good together. But should definitely enjoy quiet nights at home rather than going to dinner parties.

I could tolerate her stuff but the incessant barracking for the Crows was a bit much.

They have a hawthorn like knack of priming themselves for games against us… no matter ladder position. Their midfield will belt ours with its current depletion of our two best mids out.

They can turn it on at the MCG a bit and be pluckish. Pushed collingwood along way and draw with the blues.. they will be tough.

I don’t see this an easy one.
But will you eat your hat and film it if we win?

I think we'll win. Similar margin to the Crows game but if we're off we could lose, definitely.

Nah, but I am tipping a loss based off our injury list. Think it will become a bit overwhelming this week with the addition of dangerfield to the sidelines who has been our best player by far.

It just gets to a point it tips the scales over.

Nah, but I am tipping a loss based off our injury list. Think it will become a bit overwhelming this week with the addition of dangerfield to the sidelines who has been our best player by far.

It just gets to a point it tips the scales over.
Do you rate them ahead of Adelaide? Who we won 2 out of 2 quarters against minus Dangerfield, with margins reduced simply by missing some very gettable chances.

I think Adelaide are having a better season. I expected a 6 goal margin Vs the Crows but Dangerfield injury, bad goal kicking and horrendous umpiring made it a bit closer. 4 goals is about where the line would sit Vs Richmond, mostly due to losing our best midfielder.

Knevitt seems one of those players where his AFL output will almost equal his VFL output based off his athletic profile being very suited to the game and transferable.. unique almost. Can see him once he bulks up being a very good contested midfielder
Agree

and we can’t underestimate confidence. third game in a row builds that plus getting used to pace and system.

There are some poor male commentators but Jeepers, she is deplorable

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'll forever support women in their chosen field of endeavour but their standing must be based on merit. Love to see a couple of female broadcasters of a high quality, it would be great for our game...... come on girls out there in Aussie footy-land, practice your footy commentary at home in front of the telly and hopefully we'll end up with a couple of hidden gems for all us Aussie footy-fanatics to support and cheer!

I think we'll win. Similar margin to the Crows game but if we're off we could lose, definitely.
Looking likely to be without Close too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're up against it.

I believe we can win. Hopefully there's no mocking in the game day thread if we struggle. That was ugly during the Carlton match.
I'm expecting a 7 goal loss so I've resigned myself to being 5-4.

Fair enough. I never give up hope. Not that kind of of supporter. You do you.
I'm not giving up hope, I'm simply a realist. 9 first choice players out.

The one he put down Paddy's throat at a center bounce was superb.

That one was good and we need more of it the next 2 weeks if he plays. No doubt they will try to dominate territory and field position (its the only way they can win as their forward half is ineffcient at scoring and ours isnt) so ceglar getting us out the front of stoppages helps negate that.

Richmond have a lot of structurally important players out too though like nankervis lynch and gibcus and some playing who are cooked (cotchin in particular). If we break even in inside 50s i have no doubt we will win as our forward line still has a lot of firepower. The issue is if our depleted midfield can give us that supply. And ceglar has to beat soldo for that to happen too.

We are playing a team that have won twice and are also missing several important players. It took them quite a while to get on top of West Coasts WAFL team. Our second half Vs Adelaide was decent. I'm not saying we can't lose at all but once again I will challenge your definitive statement that we will lose. If our top 16 players play well once again, we win. Which I have said 5 weeks in a row.

Richmond have a lot of structurally important players out too though like nankervis lynch and gibcus and some playing who are cooked (cotchin in particular). If we break even in inside 50s i have no doubt we will win as our forward line still has a lot of firepower. The issue is if our depleted midfield can give us that supply. And ceglar has to beat soldo for that to happen too.

We are playing a team that have won twice and are also missing several important players. It took them quite a while to get on top of West Coasts WAFL team. Our second half Vs Adelaide was decent. I'm not saying we can't lose at all but once again I will challenge your definitive statement that we will lose. If our top 16 players play well once again, we win. Which I have said 5 weeks in a row.
Hope you're right.

Also Pure_Ownage Gibcus is ordinary.

Do you rate them ahead of Adelaide? Who we won 2 out of 2 quarters against minus Dangerfield, with margins reduced simply by missing some very gettable chances.

I think Adelaide are having a better season. I expected a 6 goal margin Vs the Crows but Dangerfield injury, bad goal kicking and horrendous umpiring made it a bit closer. 4 goals is about where the line would sit Vs Richmond, mostly due to losing our best midfielder.
Nah I don’t rate them ahead of Adelaide. Your logic is sound and measured. More my personal ominous feeling than anything else. They can still pull out a decent performance at the MCG when on song and have shown it this year against collingwood and Carlton, and we are severely wounded.

But I like your prediction better, but a big part of me is not very confident going into this. I feel like to an extent they are fighting to keep their season alive next weekend. Go 2 1/2 and 6 losses they are just about gone. Go 3 1/2 and 5 losses and there is a bit of life.

Would be nice to burry their season ( not mathematically, but essentially gone).

Agree. I suspect they want to sub him out at 3 qtr time but injury changed plans so just had to manage him for rest of game.

Will be same plan for next week

Of course it will be. I doubt they wanted to take him to perth but now they will have to so ceglar will get subbed off at 3/4 on friday (for clark or whoever is the sub) unless we get an injury coz you are right we would have subbed him if danger wasnt injured.

Hope you're right.

Also Pure_Ownage Gibcus is ordinary.

Gibcus isnt ordinary hes young but hes miles better than tylar young who is such a spud that he makes sav look like an AA fullback (miller isnt much better). Hes a big loss for them and if we get the right supply cameron or hawkins will kick 5+ and that will get us home (in a close one). Their backline in general is real shaky because vlastuin looks injured (like guthrie was) and grimes is near the end they donr have the depth that they used to. Balta is very up and down too which doesnt help them.

I'll forever support women in their chosen field of endeavour but their standing must be based on merit. Love to see a couple of female broadcasters of a high quality, it would be great for our game...... come on girls out there in Aussie footy-land, practice your footy commentary at home in front of the telly and hopefully we'll end up with a couple of hidden gems for all us Aussie footy-fanatics to support and cheer!
We took the best possible female commentator as our assistant coach!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back