Review Cats keep 20+ year Crows drought at KP going with 26 point win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah I don’t rate them ahead of Adelaide. Your logic is sound and measured. More my personal ominous feeling than anything else. They can still pull out a decent performance at the MCG when on song and have shown it this year against collingwood and Carlton, and we are severely wounded.

But I like your prediction better, but a big part of me is not very confident going into this. I feel like to an extent they are fighting to keep their season alive next weekend. Go 2 1/2 and 6 losses they are just about gone. Go 3 1/2 and 5 losses and there is a bit of life.

Would be nice to burry their season ( not mathematically, but essentially gone).
Likewise with you. I understand the danger (and the lack of Danger). I do suspect they'll bring the heat and that midfield might be clicking at the wrong time for us. Prestia in is huge, Martin better in midfield than up forward, Bolton finally firing and their new signings clicking.

But we are a lot stronger at either end and I've been impressed by Holmes, Atkins, Blicavs and co stepping up as mids lately. Maybe Bruhn breaks out or we bring Parfitt in? Do they have answers for our dominant forward line? Adelaides defence are so much better than Richmond's depleted one. And their forward line is pretty poor without Lynch.

Nah, but I am tipping a loss based off our injury list. Think it will become a bit overwhelming this week with the addition of dangerfield to the sidelines who has been our best player by far.

It just gets to a point it tips the scales over.
I get the tipping point arguement…and you might end up being right. If we lose that will be the collective view…

But I am going to remain hopeful (happily niave) that it might tip us into that next phase - when the next batch have no one to defer to (Dangerfield, Guth and of course Selwood)…We have a midfield of Blitz, Atkins, Bruhn, Max, Knevitte, Parf with support from MOC and maybe 2E and Cameron…up against a very experienced Tigers side….but that smacks of freedom with no expectations for that group to show us the future…. And we may have Clark coming on in last qtr to top it off.

If we can break even in the middle we win. Even if we mitigate the loss in midfield I think we win. Our backline is pretty strong and our forward line elite! Yes they are both missing 2 (or 3) first choices (Henry and SDK in back and Stengle, Rohan and Close upfront) but we have a core 4 in each of those and the additions are able to fit in.

I am going to remain hopeful early in the week, reserving the right to get more defeated as the week goes on!

Likewise with you. I understand the danger (and the lack of Danger). I do suspect they'll bring the heat and that midfield might be clicking at the wrong time for us. Prestia in is huge, Martin better in midfield than up forward, Bolton finally firing and their new signings clicking.

But we are a lot stronger at either end and I've been impressed by Holmes, Atkins, Blicavs and co stepping up as mids lately. Maybe Bruhn breaks out or we bring Parfitt in? Do they have answers for our dominant forward line? Adelaides defence are so much better than Richmond's depleted one. And their forward line is pretty poor without Lynch.
I love blicavs in the midfield. His impact her possession is huge and his big body is required at the moment.

My opinion regarding our forwards will come down to the quality and frequency of entries we get down there.

If we get fluent quick ball movement inside fifty Cameron and Hawkins will have a day out. If we are pressured slow and bomb it long to congestion, while getting smashed around the midfield all day.. things could look bad.

Big game for both clubs, and I want to see us be the ones to bury their season

I get the tipping point arguement…and you might end up being right. If we lose that will be the collective view…

But I am going to remain hopeful (happily niave) that it might tip us into that next phase - when the next batch have no one to defer to (Dangerfield, Guth and of course Selwood)…We have a midfield of Blitz, Atkins, Bruhn, Max, Knevitte, Parf with support from MOC and maybe 2E and Cameron…up against a very experienced Tigers side….but that smacks of freedom with no expectations for that group to show us the future…. And we may have Clark coming on in last qtr to top it off.

If we can break even in the middle we win. Even if we mitigate the loss in midfield I think we win. Our backline is pretty strong and our forward line elite! Yes they are both missing 2 (or 3) first choices (Henry and SDK in back and Stengle, Rohan and Close upfront) but we have a core 4 in each of those and the additions are able to fit in.

I am going to remain hopeful early in the week, reserving the right to get more defeated as the week goes on!
This highlighted I think in its purest simplicity will be what it comes down to. We break even we win comfortably, they have to dominate in the middle to win.

How much trouble is Close in? Wasn't a sling, no double motion, was a strong tackle and yet all that flog Ralphy was doing was tribunal baiting at HT of the bombers/port match.

"Oh its gotta be looked at" etc etc
Anytime a geelong player taps someone there is an article and big fuss about it.

Call me paranoid, but do others get a sense the media loves the idea of bad news at geelong and hoping for us to lose and decline??

He'll be suspended according to Ralph.

As he was with Duncan’s incident a few weeks back, when asked in the presser, Scott said it was clear what had happened, and anyone who watches the incident closely would see it was a non issue.

He seemed to imply that either one or both the players slipped which contributed to the outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Anytime a geelong player taps someone there is an article and big fuss about it.

Call me paranoid, but do others get a sense the media loves the idea of bad news at geelong and hoping for us to lose and decline??
Depends what parts of the media.
I was listening to the game on SEN and they were suggesting the crows player had contributed to the contact and Close had no case to answer. There were also many comments re the umpiring, lack of htb for geelong etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ceglar's limitations in spring, speed and agility have been pointed out by his many critics.
Just remember He was brought to the Cats as a backup to the injury prone Stanley
Unfortunately he suffered a broken foot followed by Knee surgery, robbed a full season
Now pushing 32, further slowed by time... Cats now need him... he is doing his best
He may be old and slow but his Ruck Craft is still first rate.
Invading his opponents territory, taking away their run and jump, controlling the drop zone
While creating a open lane behind him then deftly tapping there for his teammates
Most of his hit-outs went to a teammate advantage though not all were capitalized upon.
One resulted in Danger bursting free... passing to Simpson for a quick goal
With time and familiarity expect these quick beak away's to be seen more often.
He is in his final season, has passed no many tips and tricks... give the guy some respect.

Last edited:
Watching from the stands was frustrating but satisfying.
Waiting for the goal spree that never came
Willing the lucky bounce that deserted the Cats
Wincing at the momentum stopping free kicks.
Worrying about Danger's hamstring injury
Wanting more from big Tomahawk
Waxing lyrical about Jezza's kicking skills
Witnessing the step up from Knevitt
Wondering of a bright future for both Ollies
Warming to the idea of Sava as a key defender
Wishing for a win... which was granted
Wearing my heart on my sleeve in delight.
Welcoming the changing of the guard
Walking back to the car smiling and satisfied

They gave Close a week.

Geelong forward Brad Close, who on Sunday signed a new two-year deal to stay at the Cats, will miss Friday night's clash with Richmond after copping a one-match ban for a dangerous tackle on Adelaide skipper Jordan Dawson.

The incident as graded as careless conduct, medium impact and high contact.

Nah, but I am tipping a loss based off our injury list. Think it will become a bit overwhelming this week with the addition of dangerfield to the sidelines who has been our best player by far.

It just gets to a point it tips the scales over.
Jeremy Cameron says hi!!!

Watching from the stands was frustrating but satisfying.
Waiting for the goal spree that never came
Willing the lucky bounce that deserted the Cats
Wincing at the momentum stopping free kicks.
Worrying about Danger's hamstring injury
Wanting more from big Tomahawk
Waxing lyrical about Jezza's kicking skills
Witnessing the step up from Knevitt
Wondering of a bright future for both Ollies
Warming to the idea of Sava as a key defender
Wishing for a win... which was granted
Wearing my heart on my sleeve in delight.
Welcoming the changing of the guard
Walking back to the car smiling and satisfied
No - id prefer those Geelong teams of the late 80s - early 90s - who had the killer B - as the press labelled them at the time

Bruns - Bews - Bairstow - Brownless and B Stoneham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back