Review Cats keep 20+ year Crows drought at KP going with 26 point win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Observations on Ollie D
Opportunistic slight framed, smart operator
making something from nothing, that most missed.

Caught behind a bigger opponent having the drop on a rushed kick.
Instead of spoiling, he reaches across his opponent from the side
Dragging the ball and spinning 180 around... gaining positional advantage
Ball was scrambled forward but regained by Crow players.
Ollie"D followed up by deflecting the exiting Crow handball,
Ball then rebounded into Cats F50 left pocket.
Ollie smothered Sloane kick extracted the ground ball via handball
to Hawkins to Bruhn to Knevitt for his first AFL goal.
Only one possession.. but he kept the ball in the F50... led to a goal.

Later Ollie'D took the contested ball from under a pack
Spun 180 took one step and handballed to Jezza
All while diving forward to avoid a tackle by two Crow players
Despite losing his boot, ran forward to receive hot handball from Atkins
Took shot at goal with his sock foot, just missing from tight pocket.

later out-marked a taller opponent from behind.

It's not always a players stats that indicate a players potential
Instead keep an eye out for those special moments of surprise.
Then imagine a future when he delivers it regularly

_Cat happy thoughts.gif

Danger hammy on the severe side. Won’t see him until after bye. And think they might be more conservative with him. Shades of 22 which isn’t a terrible omen. Get him right. Given him another mini preseason and have him come back and win player of the series.

In the meantime bring the young midfielders through
Having done mine multiple times each time, you cannot even bend your knee at all. I am hoping it is not severe based on his ability to walk up the stairs in the change room vision

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Having done mine multiple times each time, you cannot even bend your knee at all. I am hoping it is not severe based on his ability to walk up the stairs in the change room vision

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
Exactly. Looks like a grade 1 strain. 1-2 weeks healing time and any extra they may put on to be cautious/recondition. I'm thinking even with the cautious route we could get him before the bye, maybe the Bulldogs game?

Observations on Ollie D

View attachment 1681188
Ollie could be anything! Very raw but a potential superstar!

We might lose we might win but to think we will lose by 7 goals. Come on man. We are better than that. Even at our worst this year we lost by less then that.
Watch. Like I said I'll eat my hat.

The mods won't respond as to whether you're allowed to upload the video in the match day thread. So not sure we can actually do this.
I'll upload it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We might lose we might win but to think we will lose by 7 goals. Come on man. We are better than that. Even at our worst this year we lost by less then that.

Our intent and effort is obviously much better now than it was in rounds 1-3 but the team we put out v Richmond will be far weaker.

We are literally missing our entire starting midfield from the GF!

I'll upload it.
happy jim carrey GIF

Our intent and effort is obviously much better now than it was in rounds 1-3 but the team we put out v Richmond will be far weaker.

It's all SHocking's fault. If it wasn't for him interfering to help Geelong cheat we'd........oh, wait 🥴

Seeing really good signs from Blicavs, Atkins, Holmes and even Bruhn in there lately. Like, they held their own against peak Dawson and Laird in the second half. It's not really getting talked about.

At least someone realised Geelong have a fair share of injuries.

7) Geelong's depth is something to behold

There were eight players in Geelong's 23 that defeated Adelaide on Saturday who weren’t part of their 2022 Grand Final side, and arguably all eight made a strong case for a regular spot moving forward with their latest performances. Top of that list was Max Holmes (22 disposals and eight tackles) and Esava Ratugolea (eight marks and eight intercept possessions). There's also a lot to like about Tanner Bruhn, Mitch Knevitt and Sam Simpson, the latter booting two goals and having five score involvements. Ollie Henry has settled into the forward line nicely while Jonathon Ceglar arguably had his best game in the hoops with 37 hitouts. The hunger for more is clearly there at the Cattery.

I'm expecting a 7 goal loss so I've resigned myself to being 5-4.
I do agree its a real danger game

The number of players Geel has now got unavailable - well you only have to bo back to 2019 - early in that season we played Rich - and they had about 6-7 of their best side out - and we beat them by about 70 pts - but later on in the year - with their best players back - they were too good for us in the PF

And Dangerfield has been in sensational form for Geel - so he is a huge out - and he is the tipping point

Plus Rich - 3 games back - their 1st half against Melb was super impressive - a mile too quick for the Dees- and could have been 5-6 goals in front at h/t - they did tire badly in the last qtr tho

Forget about their Suns game - Marvel they hate playing their - they then did enough to beat the Eagles - and they will be hyped to beat us Frid night

You were very pessimistic before the Carlton game and were proved correct

Its interesting the betting is identical to the Crows game - Geel $1.25 and Rich $4 . Well the Cows hadnt beaten us for 20 years and the game was in Geel - thus i thought the Cats were a certainty

However this week i wouldnt be going anywhere near the $1.25 on offer for Geel - because with the number of players out - and Rich 1st half form against Melb - that this week the Cats are very beatable

I do agree its a real danger game

The number of players Geel has now got unavailable - well you only have to bo back to 2019 - early in that season we played Rich - and they had about 6-7 of their best side out - and we beat them by about 70 pts - but later on in the year - with their best players back - they were too good for us in the PF

And Dangerfield has been in sensational form for Geel - so he is a huge out - and he is the tipping point

Plus Rich - 3 games back - their 1st half against Melb was super impressive - a mile too quick for the Dees- and could have been 5-6 goals in front at h/t - they did tire badly in the last qtr tho

Forget about their Suns game - Marvel they hate playing their - they then did enough to beat the Eagles - and they will be hyped to beat us Frid night

You were very pessimistic before the Carlton game and were proved correct

Its interesting the betting is identical to the Crows game - Geel $1.25 and Rich $4 . Well the Cows hadnt beaten us for 20 years and the game was in Geel - thus i thought the Cats were a certainty

However this week i wouldnt be going anywhere near the $1.25 on offer for Geel - because with the number of players out - and Rich 1st half form against Melb - that this week the Cats are very beatable
The only one I've got wrong this year was Hawthorn and at half time it didn't look good. I'm hoping it's the second one.

Observations on Ollie D

View attachment 1681188
Thanks for pointing it out. Especially the first set of contests. I remembered the last one in 4th qtr but that third qtr effort was impressive even though you do have to look for it.

It makes sense as at the ground I distinctly remember after the Knevitt goal Hawkins making a beeline for Dempsey and giving his a real pat on the back and encouragement - and I wasn’t sure why.

But Hawke saw the deflection from Ollie (it went to Hawke) and then the contest 30 seconds later where he got a grubber kick out - to Hawk again (luck of course that it went to geelong but he kept it dangerous).

For those interested start 14:26 left in the third qtr and the sequence goes for 1m of play time

Again thanks for posting

Last edited:
I dunno, I thought her poignant question to her fellow commentators about who was the bigger loss between Patrick Dangerfield and Nick Murray to be fascinating.
I think you're being unfair on Kelli, she was abysmal in the early days, now she's just woeful. Still not as bad as BT or Cameron Ling.

Thanks for pointing it out. Especially the first set of contests. I remembered the last one in 4th qtr but that third qtr effort was impressive even though you do have to look for it.

It makes sense as at the ground I distinctly remember after the Knevitt goal Hawkins making a beeline for Dempsey and giving his a real pat on the back and encouragement - and I wasn’t sure why.

But Hawke saw the deflection from Ollie (it went to Hawke) and then the contest 30 seconds later where he got a grubber kick out - to Hawk again (luck of course that it went to geelong but he kept it dangerous).

For those interested start 14:26 left in the third qtr and the sequence goes for 1m of play time

Again thanks for posting
I just watched that passage. Good sequence of creating space and applying defensive pressure from the lad. Silver lining to close going out for a week right here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back