Review Cats keep season alive with 12 point win

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people just decide they don't rate a player and that's that. Nothing that player does can ever be right, and even even bland fact-based appraisals are "raving" if they're favourable to him.

Opinion on Bruhn in particular seems to be very black or white...... no grey area.

They either like him, or they don't.

So he is dominating our coaches award (with a lot of those votes coming after the bye) and most likely leading our best and fairest and you think his form is indifferent? You must really rate him.
His last two weeks have been worse than indifferent. His season overall has been very good.

I admire Atkins tenacity, but he's limited.

I think he's given some leeway because of that.
It’s hard to knock someone who gets the absolute most out of themselves.

Your blicavs comment qualifies a bit as raving.

your other comments dont but they also arent representative of all the posts on here.

atkins and bruhn are not guns or our next captains. i see this posted occassionally. Bruhn has potential to get much better but is far from it at this stage and some major areas he needs to improve. Atkins effort is often confused with ability. everyone also tends to think he is much younger then he is. He aint getting much better.

He is an interesting one Atkins - his GF last year was exceptional - youd reckon it was Mark Bairstow and the confidence he had - when he had the ball and look ahead upfield like Bairstow use to do

Bruhn is very hard to judge in my opinion as in what level he will reach - you look at the 2 young guns for Pt Adel - they are both 23 - he is 21 - those 2 are A Graders - he is a mile off those 2 . So in 2 years time when he is 23 you will probably get a better guide . My opinion is he might end of a handy player - say 150 games - but nothing exceptional . And his last qtr against Port was terrible viewing - so slow and continually caught - tackled with the ball - he aint quick

atkins and bruhn are not guns or our next captains. i see this posted occassionally.
I disagree with the "not next captains" statement. They are both good enough to be captain; that does not have to be the best footballer in the team, or anything near it. I believe that, generally speaking, less talented players make for better leaders.

Ablett, Bartel, King, SJ, Ottens, Mooney, Corey, Chapman, Scarlett, Kelly, Enright. All better players than Tom Harley. None of them a better captain.

Bruhn is very hard to judge in my opinion as in what level he will reach - you look at the 2 young guns for Pt Adel - they are both 23 - he is 21 - those 2 are A Graders - he is a mile off those 2
Yeah, but those two are the two best players out of their whole draft year.

Rozee was picked on his potential - he was skinny as a rake, but clearly the sky was the limit. Bruhn seems like more a sure thing, but not as athletic as Rozee. Kinda like Roughead vs Franklin, in a sense.

It's a consistent theme. People are happy to criticise a group, but the excuses get wheeled out when it comes to individuals.

In the order you've listed them:

Atkins - No one tries harder. But doesn't damage the opposition much and isn't a top liner.
Bruhn - Clear pass mark for me. But expectations need to be sensible with where he is right now. He's still going to have quiet games.
Blicavs - Is now talked up like a star midfielder. Except he averages 16 touches a game. Like Atkins, tries hard but doesn't worry top teams.
O'Connor - I honestly don't get him at all. Don't see what he offers that others can't.
Holmes - Still young and will still improve.
Dangerfield - Has been exactly what you would think. Very good in patches, solid in others, and has struggled at times. Will be excused as he always has been.

Well at least your consistent on Blicavs...

Not sure why this current injury should impact 2024.
Maybe I was just projecting worst case…was thinking about pre season…Liz Frank can mean anything…. And reacting to the reality of the past 2 seasons with Jack and feet. Again hoping it is just bad luck and all good from here quickly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe I was just projecting worst case…was thinking about pre season…Liz Frank can mean anything…. And reacting to the reality of the past 2 seasons with Jack and feet. Again hoping it is just bad luck and all good from here quickly
I would think worst case would be a few months out which still has him fronting up for day 1 of preseason. I’m not aware of AFL players taking longer than that. It’s probably not that serious given he played on for a while after the incident.

No they werent. They were beaten by their opponents in the middle despite stanley giving them silver service.

they are getting more of the pill then they were earlier in the season. So they have improved. But their opponents are getting even more and thus beating them.
Don't agree but there you go

And yet is geelongs Leading player in the coaches award this year. Note he had a slow start to the coaches award this season. Most of his votes have been in the latter part of the season. This is what you call out of form? I guess that just shows how great he is. Dominating our coaches award despite being out of form.

Was also geelongs leading coaches award vote getter in the game last week.
Shows how injury depleted our year has been and how poorly we have played for a lot of the year.

I'm a huge fan but he gets roasted on here for s**t games as he should.

He is a great leader, and the Club would fully endorse that, but he is no world beater as a footy player

Best part is that he openly admits that, and it's common knowledge just how hard he had to compete to make the side.

Even better, he doesn't take his place for granted. He's on record as saying he knows he has to keep working harder than others who are more naturally gifted.

He's the sort you'd want in the trench beside you.

Opinion on Bruhn in particular seems to be very black or white...... no grey area.

They either like him, or they don't.
Bruhn before he was drafted was showing he could be an incredible mid, which is why we were so keen on him before GWS got him and stunted his development playing him forward.

His second half of this year has been excellent considering how ravaged our midfield has been. He will be top tier as a clearance mid in the next 2 years or so.

His last two weeks have been worse than indifferent. His season overall has been very good.
coaches rated his game last week as geelongs best player. He got 7 votes. Remember how you posted i cant believe anyone would give him votes last week? Well both coaches did.

didnt get coaches votes this week but was one of the highest voted players in our boards geelong votes.

so whos right? Catempire or everyone else?

ps. tom stewart to catempire is a bit like blicavs to Seeds. :straining:

Best part is that he openly admits that, and it's common knowledge just how hard he had to compete to make the side.

Even better, he doesn't take his place for granted. He's on record as saying he knows he has to keep working harder than others who are more naturally gifted.

He's the sort you'd want in the trench beside you.
Spot on, so a few here potting him as useless might need to have a long hard look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back