Autopsy Cats lose by 8 points to Pies.

Remove this Banner Ad

LMFAO. It is, especially when it's to your worst ball user.

We were ripping Collingwood to shreds with sheer territory when we applied pace. Chipping the ball around cost us 4 goals through the game just off the top of my head.
Watch the play again, the only open option was Ratugolea, it's not Tuohy's fault the clown can't catch a cold.

Watch the play again, the only open option was Ratugolea, it's not Tuohy's fault the clown can't catch a cold.
Trust me I have.

Freeze frame at 12:56 left in the last quarter.

Someone, I think Dangerfield, makes a bursting run to left of screen on the side of the wing with less congestion. A well weighted kick to the edge of the square with Stewart and O'Connor running past for a quick handball would have given us a genuine chance of a slingshot to Cameron 1v1.

The 35m chip in an area with 3 Collingwood players, where a Geelong mark only presents a Sav kick down the line to congestion - it's not a smart play. Sav was even pointing to his left for Tuohy to kick it to someone else, he didn't want it.

Speed, runners and open space were what gave us a sniff late. Going into our shells at that moment was terminal to our momentum surge.

Change Ratugolea to Kolodjashnij or SDK being the one to drop the mark and watch the narrative change to it being them with the skill error for failing to hold a simple mark...
Excuse me

If it is an Esava mistake - you toss him unmercifully under the back wheels of the Road Train

Where as if it is a Kolo mistake - you sugar coat it with Strawberry Jam

Excuse me

If it is an Esava mistake - you toss him unmercifully under the back wheels of the Road Train

Where as if it is a Kolo mistake - you sugar coat it with Strawberry Jam

Kolodjadhnij dropped his own simple mark in the last quarter and then gave a handball to no one - I watched that play out and shook my head at the multiple errors from one player in that passage

Neither had any excuses for those dropped marks

What a waste having Ceglar on the list. Whenever he is needed, he is injured.
Someone* described him as Hamish McIntosh mk II when we recruited him. Perhaps unfair.**

* me
** on Hamish

Hawthorn's 2009 flag defence was pretty sad. That side also missed finals. I think you're being quite melodramatic.
I actually think our flag defense in 2012 might be the most disappointing. Had a strong team but just floated our way through the season, finish the season in a position to get a home final in Melbourne against Fremantle and proceed to serve up an absolute dogshit performance.

But since 2000 only Hawks 09, Dogs 16 and Tigers 21 have won a flag then missed the year after. So to miss finals this year when our best is still very good will be disappointing and frustrating as a supporter to join a list that has the Hawks, Dogs and Tigs on it.

Someone* described him as Hamish McIntosh mk II when we recruited him. Perhaps unfair.**

* me
** on Hamish
Very harsh. If you look at McIntosh's season for us in 2014, and we had Ceglar put up those numbers for us this season we would actually be pretty happy with it.
McIntosh's best game that season was 20 disposals, 5 marks, 26 hit outs (that was the match high by the way), kicked a goal, laid 6 tackles, 7 clearances.
That shits on anything Cegs has done for us, hell thats a significant upgrade on Stanleys output V Collingwood.

OMG, Hodgey explaining to BT what a contested mark is, is the funniest commentary I’ve heard. I like Hodgey. He has a good footy brain and doesn’t hate Geelong. BT on the other hand is living proof that we evolved from Neanderthals.

It's a strange world when Luke Hodge is the sane voice of reason in the commentary box. I quite like him. Hope he stays on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very harsh. If you look at McIntosh's season for us in 2014, and we had Ceglar put up those numbers for us this season we would actually be pretty happy with it.
McIntosh's best game that season was 20 disposals, 5 marks, 26 hit outs (that was the match high by the way), kicked a goal, laid 6 tackles, 7 clearances.
That shits on anything Cegs has done for us, hell thats a significant upgrade on Stanleys output V Collingwood.

Or just Stanley's output generally

OMG, Hodgey explaining to BT what a contested mark is, is the funniest commentary I’ve heard. I like Hodgey. He has a good footy brain and doesn’t hate Geelong. BT on the other hand is living proof that we evolved from Neanderthals.
BT STILL doesn't understand how an intercept mark is different to a mark (I have heard him say on at least 10 separate occasions "but its just a mark what makes it an intercept" and even when its explained that kick from teammate to teammate = mark, kick from opposition intended for opponent that you cut off = intercept mark and he STILL goes "BUT ISN'T THAT JUST A MARK?").

How does he still have a job? Not to mention the cringe trash that is Roaming Brian.

BT STILL doesn't understand how an intercept mark is different to a mark (I have heard him say on at least 10 separate occasions "but its just a mark what makes it an intercept" and even when its explained that kick from teammate to teammate = mark, kick from opposition intended for opponent that you cut off = intercept mark and he STILL goes "BUT ISN'T THAT JUST A MARK?").

How does he still have a job? Not to mention the cringe trash that is Roaming Brian.

Roaming Brian is so awkwardly embarrassing it's indescribable.......though cringe trash goes some way to doing it.

Cats at 2.10 to make the 8. I reckon that's about right. Might blow out a bit if we have no ruckman and Rohan is done for the near future.

Attachments

• IMG_9520.jpeg
    IMG_9520.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 26

* me
** on Hamish

He was ok earlier in the year but having to ruck him solo while stanley was out cooked him.

When mcintosh got injured in the qual final against hawks i knew we were done. North ripped us the week after with no rucks. Fairly sure that was hmacs last game for us.

All of our back up 2nd ruckmen are down as well, No Henry or Rohan.

Neale or Sav could be the ruckman against Marshall.
Its our own fault for poor list management really, two injury prone 32 year olds and Blitz really wasnt enough Ruck stocks, should have had a break glass in case of emergency also on the list.

Shaun Grigg at 190cm used to ruck for Richmond. Maybe we could activate him for the last 2 matches. If not then Menegola at 189cm or Knevitt at 193cm could play that ruck/mid role. Ratugolea will probably get the job but who plays on Max King who kicked 6 goals against Richmond today.

But Sydney when they were on the ropes have won 5 games in a row and are a good chance to play finals. Geelong has lost 3 of its last 4 games and are unlikely to play finals. I'm talking about right now at the pointy end of the season when the whips are cracking and the motivation is playing AFL finals football. Geelong has dropped the ball.
Our opposition has been tougher than the swans and they’ve only just got over the line. I agree we’ve dropped the ball, our loss to Freo was diabolical and we could’ve easily won the last 5 but I find it strange to pump up the swans form. We’ve played 1, 2, 3, 9, 14 they’ve played 8, 14, 9, 10, 15 It’s not a fair comparison.

Running in tandem is great as long as there is separation between the two players. Geelong often have 2 or 3 players in tandem with no space in between them. It's dumb. The chasing opponent can tackle all 3 players. I don't think some of them trust their handball skills. Kolo's was the classic with a personal twist. Run with the ball and another Geelong player in tandem, too close to provide an outlet. Then slow to a stop when an opponent approaches, run out of time and do a no-look 12 inch handball to the feet of his teammate who was not even there as he had run forward. Don't they practise this stuff during the week. Don't they do match simulation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back